Well, NE wins like a champion

TomShane

oh shut the F#ck up

... :shock: ...this is ridiculous. come on EB I know your better than that. If it was us you'd be reacting the same way. No excuse for being that disrespectful. Come on man...I know we lost but you dont have to be like that. And get on Tom for starting the thread if your mad... :lol:

If it appears like i am rubbing it in, I apologize. Really. I'm just so excited about this victory. The Pats had everything going against them today. I'm thrilled, and shocked, that they won.

I was just as shocked. You should be ecxited that they won today.

It was a great game to watch and a 180 compared to Jets game.

If it appears like i am rubbing it in, I apologize. Really. I'm just so excited about this victory. The Pats had everything going against them today. I'm thrilled, and shocked, that they won.
...there's no need to apologize. Hell I didnt see them winning myself the way that game was going. And RS hell we could have won if we had another QB to put in the game.... :shock: . Pats did what they had to do with who they had available. I still cant stand them... :lol: , but you have to give credit where credit is due

I totally know how you're feeling right now Garb. I can't blame you for being excited. Yesterday Carolina played NC State and all I heard last week was how they would bury us and how we could never do it. Well what do you know, it happened and I was there to witness it.

So enjoy.

The Jts defense is very, very good. The Jets QB is not very, very good. As a matter of fact, he stinks. That is why you lost.

He is pretty good. He's just not very good when he's playing with 1 arm, and that 1 arm is his non-throwing one. There's a reason he had to come out of the game today. He is just not close to being all the way back yet. Do you people seriously think Chad all the sudden became one of the worst QB's in the league? Of course not. The guy is playing with an injury and is probably in pain. I think we should start Fiedler if we can as long as necessary.

Bro, they lost their LT, their RB, their LG, their SS and still came back on the Steelers to win the game. Unreal.

And the game should not have been as close as it was. Credit the Steelers for making the plays and it is clear they are a very good team, but the Patriots should have won comfortably.

Plus, I think this should dispel the myth of the loss of Charlie. He is great, but Tom is great also.

Chad is not the same QB we saw in 2002- he is locking on receivers and throwing into coverage= not just today either.

His injury and this are two different reasons for his poor performances

Not to kick you when you are down, but 2002 is getting further and further away.

Maybe, this is the real Chad.

Tex and I get ripped for questioning Chad's arm strength, but I hear the same sentiment on radio and the TV regularly. Not some MB yahoos, but former players saying his arm strength was in the bottom 10% of the league before the injury. Now, it is worse.

The more alarming is one player saying no QB has ever returned to their previous form with thattype of injury and surgery.

It's okay, Doohie :wink: :lol:

Listen, I have VERY little hope that the Pats will get to a championship game, let alone win it....way too many injuries, inconsistent play-calling, terrible special teams coverage, lack of a good running game.

I disagree Garb.

Injuries? Same sh*t, different day.

Play calling? Yes, but I don't think we're miles away from where we need to be. As some very good 4th quarter drives today indicate, the team has shown some good along with the bad.

Running game? Guilty as charged. However see Smith, Antowain, Era of.

ST coverage? Yes, needs to get better.

This game was rougher than I think it should have been.... and this team right now is not a SB winning caliber team....

but it's within shouting distance, and really it's just a matter of a lot of spit and polish---- the pieces ARE there, the depth IS there. I feel better about where we are today than I do about where we were at this point in '03------ and only just a touch worse than about where we were at this point in '04.

And the game should not have been as close as it was. Credit the Steelers for making the plays and it is clear they are a very good team, but the Patriots should have won comfortably.

Plus, I think this should dispel the myth of the loss of Charlie. He is great, but Tom is great also.

Wow, ya homer,.....

I don't know if I'd go that far...........

Archived