Seymour still hasn't reported to the Raiders

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, love what Bilicheck told him. Nothing like treating your players like people 'eh Bill?

Nyways, the Pats still win this trade by a country mile.

Although I doubt BB is a warm and cuddly guy unless your name is Bruschi, Brown or Brady - LOL! - be warned. Anything that Borges writes should be taken with a grain of salt. First, the man is a bigger azz than BB, second, he has an ax to grind and third, he's a confirmed plagerist and liar. He lost his job at the Globe for being full of sh*t - so there you go. Anyway, Sey's using Borges - which is fine by me. Do what you 'gotta do, Big guy. It's called damage control. (btw, didn't Crable say he had no idea what was going on just yesterday - and why send a 5 day demand letter if he's just clearing up school issues?) What I find comical here is when Seymour was first drafted - Borges was all over BB for the pick. Saying how much Seymour sucked and that BB was a fool for not drafting the sure bet David Terrell. Do a google search - the man was a maniac about it. Cracks me up to this day.

Borges is a bigger piece of doo-doo than you all think BB is. Trust me on this.

Haha, love what Bilicheck told him. Nothing like treating your players like people 'eh Bill?

Nyways, the Pats still win this trade by a country mile.

how do you figure? it's a downgrade on defense amd there's no guarantee that the pick will even become a good plauyer 3-4 years from now.

how do you figure? it's a downgrade on defense amd there's no guarantee that the pick will even become a good plauyer 3-4 years from now.

That first is gonna be top 5 guaranteed. The draft is a crap shoot but anytime you get a first, a top FIVE first, for an aging player that is, in my book, a good thing. I loathe the pats, really do, but this is a win-win for them. If they choose they can move that pick at the draft and swindle some team that really wants it, Pats are known for late first drafting anyway. They could easily swing that first and make this deal even better for themselves.

Although I doubt BB is a warm and cuddly guy unless your name is Bruschi, Brown or Brady - LOL! - be warned. Anything that Borges writes should be taken with a grain of salt. First, the man is a bigger azz than BB, second, he has an ax to grind and third, he's a confirmed plagerist and liar. He lost his job at the Globe for being full of sh*t - so there you go. Anyway, Sey's using Borges - which is fine by me. Do what you 'gotta do, Big guy. It's called damage control. (btw, didn't Crable say he had no idea what was going on just yesterday - and why send a 5 day demand letter if he's just clearing up school issues?) What I find comical here is when Seymour was first drafted - Borges was all over BB for the pick. Saying how much Seymour sucked and that BB was a fool for not drafting the sure bet David Terrell. Do a google search - the man was a maniac about it. Cracks me up to this day.

Nice insight into the article writer, appreciated. I still think he likely said something along those lines. As you said, he isn't the most cuddly coach around.

Thing is, Borges being a dooshie doesn't make Belly less of a dooshie. It just means they are both awful people. I won't knock BB as a coach, gameplanner, personnel evaluator or anything else related to his work-skills. As a coach, he is on his way to challenging some of the all-time greats. As a human being, the man is a jerk and this is coming from more sources than either you or me can count. Seymour was shown the door without enough notice to provide a transition for his family--okay that happens. But what about a little respect, apology for the hardship caused, thanks for the years of service---anything. BB is a prick.

Thing is, Borges being a dooshie doesn't make Belly less of a dooshie. It just means they are both awful people. I won't knock BB as a coach, gameplanner, personnel evaluator or anything else related to his work-skills. As a coach, he is on his way to challenging some of the all-time greats. As a human being, the man is a jerk and this is coming from more sources than either you or me can count. Seymour was shown the door without enough notice to provide a transition for his family--okay that happens. But what about a little respect, apology for the hardship caused, thanks for the years of service---anything. BB is a prick.

I think BB and Seymour had what one would call a Business relationship. I think after Sey's hold-out some years back - the relationship was strained. They brought out the best in eachother - football wise - though.

You are hearing Sey's side of the story - sprinkled with a healthy dose of the Ron Borges agenda.

I am sure there are players that dislike BB. I have also seen players that adore the man. I would bet you that there are players that hate Rex - and players that adore Rex. Take a look at where you work. I bet there are people that do not like you and people that think you are the sun, stars and moon. You know?

Nice insight into the article writer, appreciated. I still think he likely said something along those lines. As you said, he isn't the most cuddly coach around.

I get the sense, Sey wasn't exactly BBs favorite player in the world. BB isn't that much of a cuddly guy if he likes ya. I figure BB did in a douchy way and enjoyed it.

Borges is probably about the most rabid hater of BB you will find on the planet. (Jets fans would love the guy). Sey knows this. I am confident Sey choose Borges for the same reason. Knowing that Borges would use what ever Sey said to make BB look as evil as possible, where as if Sey had gone to Reiss instead it would have been a more balanced story.

FAIL

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-8638662.html

Needing to clear salary cap space and planning to revamp their defensive system under new coach Herman Edwards, the New York Jets cut Bryan Cox and two other linebackers yesterday. Released along with Cox were fellow inside linebacker Dwayne Gordon and outside backer Roman Phifer. Also cut were defensive tackle Ernie Logan and running back Bernie Parmalee. The Jets saved about $11 million in salary cap money. At 34 and coming off a broken leg, Cox wasn't likely to beat out Mo Lewis,

Nothing like treating players like people, Eh McFail?

All Nfl should be worried about this. If Semour gets away with not reporting its an open field for NFL players to pull the same move. Trading a player will be impossible.

This makes no sense to me. Borges' article states that Seymour will report, has a number and is going to play Monday night. The grievance is filed on his behalf by the NFLPA - so does he not play? Does he not report? What happens here? The Raiders get slapped with a fine? Does Seymour fail the physical - even though he has practiced all summer and says he's ready to play in #92? Ah, the drama! :)

FAIL

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-8638662.html

Needing to clear salary cap space and planning to revamp their defensive system under new coach Herman Edwards, the New York Jets cut Bryan Cox and two other linebackers yesterday. Released along with Cox were fellow inside linebacker Dwayne Gordon and outside backer Roman Phifer. Also cut were defensive tackle Ernie Logan and running back Bernie Parmalee. The Jets saved about $11 million in salary cap money. At 34 and coming off a broken leg, Cox wasn't likely to beat out Mo Lewis,

Nothing like treating players like people, Eh McFail?

how does that have anything to do with Belichick saying to Seymour "we've gave your rights to OAKLAND" and hanging up?

Pick is for 2011. Moss needs to be resigned this off season. Could affect Welker or Thomas, but won't affect the Moss re-signing.

Plus I doubt BB picks in the top 5.

Pats had the 7th overall pick going into 2008, they picked at #10.

In 2009 they didn't pick in the first round at all, trade down twice, before picking for the first time early in the second round.

In 2007 they had two first round picks and traded one of them away for a 2008 pick.

Unless the Patriots are replacing Brady, I don't see them using this pick for a player.

The one thing we have heard from Kraftboro is how insane rookie salaries are inside the Top 10 or 8 picks.

If, a big if mind you, a rookie salary cap is instituted, then a Top 5 pick might become more economically pallatible to the Pats.

If there is one, I would say any scenario is in play. A top flight shutdown corner? Hell...yeah. A Sanchez trade down scenario? Hell...yeah.

How do you know he hung up? Give me a break.

It doesn't. More BO propaganda.

...although it appears that the Pats are gambling that the new CBA will have a rookie cap included.

The Vets are tired of watching these rookies make more money than them without ever having played a down in the NFL.

$ 15 million over 5 years for the # 1 pick sounds good.

how come i hear on espn that the rookie cap situation won't be fixed until 2012???

Have they said 2012 recently or before the owners opted out of the last year of the CBA?

2010 is the last year of the CBA (and currently slated to be uncapped, unless a new CBA is reached this year in which case there could be a rookie cap for 2010, I wouldn;t bet on that though)

2011 will either: 1) have a new CBA, 2) involve a strike, 3) involve a lockout, or 4) be played without a contract in place.

Most people assume either it will be #1 or there won't be football. That new contract will cover the 2011 season. While it is theoretically possible that the new CBA would have languge saying that the 2011 rookies will be uncapped but the 2012 ones are, I find that unlikely. It is also theoritically possible for the contract to say that 2011 -2013 are uncapped and a cap starts in 2014. No specific reason why the contract can't do that. It just seems hightly unlikely to be structure that way.

Have they said 2012 recently or before the owners opted out of the last year of the CBA?

2010 is the last year of the CBA (and currently slated to be uncapped, unless a new CBA is reached this year in which case there could be a rookie cap for 2010, I wouldn;t bet on that though)

2011 will either: 1) have a new CBA, 2) involve a strike, 3) involve a lockout, or 4) be played without a contract in place.

Most people assume either it will be #1 or there won't be football. That new contract will cover the 2011 season. While it is theoretically possible that the new CBA would have languge saying that the 2011 rookies will be uncapped but the 2012 ones are, I find that unlikely. It is also theoritically possible for the contract to say that 2011 -2013 are uncapped and a cap starts in 2014. No specific reason why the contract can't do that. It just seems hightly unlikely to be structure that way.

the NFL is such a cash-cow that there's no way they have a lockout

if so then i hope the NBA season starts earlier! lol

i guess i was off by a year - crucify me! lol

If you are going to be a troll, you have to have your facts straight. :rolleyes:

how does that have anything to do with Belichick saying to Seymour "we've gave your rights to OAKLAND" and hanging up?

Wrong.

"He thanked me for the years there in New England, that thought they were doing what was best long-term for their football team, and I said, 'OK,' you know, and from that point, I really didn’t know which way to go, didn’t know which way to turn.

i'd rather the Pats get the draftpick and have to pay out the ying yang for a top 5 pick...why? because Moss will be a FA next season so having to pay that new player will criple their cap situation if they keep Moss

Wrong again....on both accounts.

First, Moss is signed through 2010. Seeing he is on the books for 9.7 million a year, his contract is not going to go much further north then that.

Second, rookies in the top 10 usually have outrageous contracts, their first year are relatively easy to deal with. Stafford costs 3.1 million against the cap. In his second season is where he gets a nice bump in salary. Mayo last year started off at 1.8 cap figure and is just under 3 this year.

Last, even if there is not a rookie salary cap imposed by the 2011 draft, the Patriots have some big figure cap figures they can deal with like Brady (14.7), Moss (9.7) and Thomas (6.4) to work with.

i doubt the nflpa ever agrees to a rookie cap. if so...they're gonna want a hell of alot more money, if not the entire contract, guaranteed. also....if it ever did go through...no way in hell it's a 5 years for 15 million type deal. the contracts would be for 3 years max, and they'd probably want to make players arbitration eligible before that. alot would change with a rookie cap.......they'd have to look at baseball for a model. especially wiht all thsi BS goin on now....the vets will probably want some sort of trade protection like baseball's 10-5 rules.

Archived