Jets fans are mentally ill

bitonti

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta be honest as much as I want to be the guy who tries to tear things down just to build them up you gotta look at the game objectively. The coaching staff put is in a good position to win the game so I'm sick of hearing this crud about firing herm and everyone putting the blame on him. Our Offensvie line doesn't even look a tiny bit like it did last year.

all of you uninformed people have no idea what your talking about as far as Penningtons health is concerned. If the guy isn't healthy enough to start then he shouldn't be out there plain and simple. I don't think the coach's put a guy out there that they think is still hurting and can't play better than Fiedler.

Pennington doesn't look hurt to me(obviously I'm not talking about after he got knocked out), he looks like he has no concept of where he should be in the pocket and no idea where his recievers are supposed to be. That has nothing to do with his arm stregnth. The INT's he has been throwing this season are not because of a lack of an arm he isn't putting the ball in spots that recievers can even make plays. I have seen him throw balls directly to defenders where there was no offensive reciever anywhere to be found.

I can't give Pennington a get out of jail free card because of his injury. Chad hasn't looked good for an extended period of time since the year Vinny went down. The guy has never been asked to make the big plays neccesary to keep defenses honest and now opposing coaches are forcing him to make the big plays. CB on the other teams jump the comebacks and slants and give him no respect downfield.

Our Recievers really didn't look good today McCareins imparticular. He looked like he was whispering to the defense what route he was about to run he couldn't have possibly gotten less seperation from defenders. Chrebet just isn't a clutch reciever anymore. Ever since that boneheaded play where he tried to jump clear over a defender and fumbled the ball to lose the game he has never done anything even worthy of a roster spot IMO. What is the love affair with Chrebet do the guy a favor sit him on the bench and let him spend some happy healthy years with his family because he isn't helping out the Jets. Cotchery should be playing

When the defense knows your quarterback can't throw the ball further than 15 yards and your running back is running like he is stuck in cement, they can play up on your receivers and "jump" their routes with impunity. The Jags had 8 and 10 men on the LOS at times and we couldn't take advantage. What does that tell you?

JMac had a tough day no doubt about it but give him qb who can actually throw the football and he will look a lot better. I totally agree about Chrebet and have said so since camp. I can't believe that other teams can bring in the Kevin Curtis' or Doug Gabriels and Tim Dwights of the world and we somehow can't find an upgrade over Wayne Chrebet???????? Of course we actually have an upgrade if this brain dead staff would only allow him to play, in Cotchery. First Jordan, now Blaylock and Cotchery...

So, BZ, enlighten me. Tell me how we're getting primed to finish 14-2 under Herm. :lol:

We might lose one or two more. :)

Hey, on the Monday after a horrible loss the whole season always looks like a pile of sh*t to you Tom, for that matter, after a win, so I am not going to get too frazzled.

Sure, we have no o-line and our running and passing games look like crap. Sure, both of our first two QBs got hurt in one half of a game and we are now left with our third stringer who has taken 10 snaps in his entire NFL career. Sure, our kick returner either looks like a big weapon or a weapon against us.

Time to worry?

Nah.

Bring out the Bollinger this week, let us get through this game and see where we are at. There might be a hidden gem in that #5 jersey. Worst case is he can't be any worse than our starter just played.

This week will be the battle of the happless QBs against the good defenses. Baltimore is 0-2 right?

As for the rest of the AFC East... Patriots just lost yet another weapon on D (Harrison out for the season) and we wouldn't even take Loseman now from the Bills.

Miami is the team to beat and we already have. :)

BZ

Our offensive line cannot protect the QB or run the ball

We dont have a Quarterback to protect or a running back who can hit a hole

McCareins is hearing more footsteps than a NYC sidewalk

Chrebet is dropping touchdown passes

Doug Jolley cant even get in the game because he cant even block

Pete Kendall looks like another overpaid bum past his prime

Shaun Ellis cant even muster a pass rush

Erik Coleman is playing with a club

There's not alot to look forward to this week.

Archived