Rams moving to London?

Greenranger

Heard Charlie Casserly talking on The NFL Today and he said that a group from England was trying to buy the team and move them to London in 2015. Think this could happen? If it does would it work?

I heard that as well, but they also said the NFL BOG would have to vote on it. IMHO Los Angeles would get a relocated franchise before any European city.

I could understand moving a team to Toronto, like the NBA & MLB has but an NFL team on the other side of the world? DUMB DUMB DUMB. Brits don't care about American football, they're engrossed in their soccer.

I heard that as well, but they also said the NFL BOG would have to vote on it. IMHO Los Angeles would get a relocated franchise before any European city.

They will never move a team to LA. They would only put an expantion team there because the NFL wants the $1 billion check for the new team.

Toronto will get a team before London.

I always thought the NFL had a gentleman's agreement with the CFL that they wouldn't infringe on their game up there. Of course with the Bills playing games there this season, maybe that's changing.

Heard Charlie Casserly talking on The NFL Today and he said that a group from England was trying to buy the team and move them to London in 2015. Think this could happen? If it does would it work?

:rl:

casserly was a tool as GM and a tool as announcer..I read awhile back that he was disliked so much by other NFL execs that when he went into announcing they 'fed' him isiotic rumors to make him look bad..

I don't think it happens just because St. Louis playing in the NFC West makes an already complicated travel issue even more complicated. Not only do they have to fly over the Atlantic to play in the states, but they would have to play all the way across the US as well to play in divisional away games (SF, Seattle, Arizona) every year. You could argue that the disadvantage on the road is an advantage for home games, but I don't think the league wants those questions coming into play when a team is so good at home and so bad on the road, which could very well happen. So they may want to realign divisions, and that doesn't make any sense just to get a team in London.

Archived