QB Ideas

Bugg

What will happen with the Jets QB position?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What will happen with the Jets QB position?

• Trade for Patrick Ramsey from Skins
    • Trade for Charlie Batch from Steelers
    • Sign Vinny Testaverde
    • Sign Jeff George
    • Sign Jim Miller
    • Re-Sign Kevin Eakins from CFL
    • Re-Sign Quincy Carter

Mo-

No real argument. This season is probably shot, absent Bollywood doing a Roy Hobbs. It's a hard thing to admit, but the window of opportunity probably shut last year vs. the Steelers.Tank the year and hope we get the shot at Leinart we didn't get at Peyton Manning.

For all of you Herm apologists-keep this in mind when you tell us the mess at Pittsburgh was just a bump in the road. In fact, it was the high water mark of this CS, and we aren't getting back that close with this bunch ever.

Mo-

For all of you Herm apologists-keep this in mind when you tell us the mess at Pittsburgh was just a bump in the road. In fact, it was the high water mark of this CS, and we aren't getting back that close with this bunch ever.

Exactly my thoughts after Brien missed that FG.

Can anyone honestly say you had the same enthusiasm and excitement going into this year as you did in 99?

We had our chance last season and we blew it. Now we dont have a QB and are left with an aging RB.

I didn't vote. Here's why. None of those FA QB's are going to put us any closer to a championship than we are right now; what they will do, is just prolong our agony.Go with Bolly. Best case he shows he can do it, worst case, the Jets tank the season, Herm gets fired and we go from there.

Well Wanny got canned after not getting it done

and having a better record then Hermie..Wanny

resigned in season 5..If you think Hermie would

give up this sweet money gig your nuts..Plus you

don't fire Tag's main Man without some massive

protests!! [-X

Unfortunately, it will take more then the Jets #1 pick to grab Rivers from SD.

How about a 1st and Abe?? Hell for the exception of

me YJF and a handful of others most Jet fans hate

this over hyped mangina that wouldn't play in the playoffs like that great classy guy what's his name?? :mrgreen:

I didn't vote. Here's why. None of those FA QB's are going to put us any closer to a championship than we are right now; what they will do, is just prolong our agony.Go with Bolly. Best case he shows he can do it, worst case, the Jets tank the season, Herm gets fired and we go from there.

Unfortunately, JetMo, we may need a backup for Bollinger, depending on what the MRIs say.

This is awful. Just awful. I didn't expect to win the Super Bowl this year, but I didn't expect to timewarp back to the Kotite era, either.

Unfortunately, JetMo, we may need a backup for Bollinger, depending on what the MRIs say.

This is awful. Just awful. I didn't expect to win the Super Bowl this year, but I didn't expect to timewarp back to the Kotite era, either.

Only the Jets Bob, only the Jets.

Have to sign Vinny for one season. Let Bolly play until he is literally un-play-able. Hopefully, he can buy Vinny at least a few weeks to get some reps. Perhaps the Jets get lucky and Vinny takes over when the Jets are 2-4, and plays out the year.

No sense in risking further injury to Chad or Fiedler. Vinny can stand back there and be servicable and durable.

This is bad, man...this is really bad.

I don't think we have a choice but to let Bolly start the next 2 or 3 games, maybe more. He must be on this team for a reason, right? Let's see what happens. If we can't trust him to start 3 games or so, he has no reason to have been on this team for three years, or however long he's been here.

This is your shot, Brooks!

Meanwhile, Vinny is a respected veteran that the guys on this team know and like, and will be waiting on the sidelines to play later on.

He threw 20 picks last year, but he played half the season with Eddie Friggin George as hi tailback, layed on a team with a horrible D, yet still stayed healthy and put up almost 3700 yards. I'll take that, right about now, compared with what we've been getting from the QB position - no yards, injuries, etc.

SD wont trade Rivers till after the season..

Is Ramsey capable of beating out chad next year (We;ve seen enougfh of Penne)? If yes...then trade for him now and let him back up bollinger for a few weeks...

If no, then bring in couch/vinny to finish the year and either trade for Rivers or trade up in draft for the top QB next year.

Seriously?

They just mentioned it on Mike and the MD.

Trade deadline is week 5 and wondered the idea if the Pack would trade Favre to a team like the Jets/Ravens.

It's an interesting idea. The pack are heading to rebulding mode, so I guess there could be a slight chance.

They just mentioned it on Mike and the MD.

Trade deadline is week 5 and wondered the idea if the Pack would trade Favre to a team like the Jets/Ravens.

It's an interesting idea. The pack are heading to rebulding mode, so I guess there could be a slight chance.

It actaully makes a lot of sense.

I also have a gut feeling that the Jets have had trade discusions ongoing. Sue to the fact that they are being so hush hush regarding the injuries.

This would make sense and instantly rebuild excitement around the team. IMO Favre needs a change of scenery.

It actaully makes a lot of sense.

I also have a gut feeling that the Jets have had trade discusions ongoing. Sue to the fact that they are being so hush hush regarding the injuries.

This would make sense and instantly rebuild excitement around the team. IMO Favre needs a change of scenery.

If Favre were to come to the Jets then we could re-surface as legit contenders.

Ok I am going to be the voice of reason and quiet these silly rumors. Favre last week said that he will never play for another team no matter how much money they would give him. He said that there is no reason why he would want to learn a new offense and want to adjust to a new location. So bye bye brett favre rumors.

Secondly, although Vinny played on the Jets for entirely too long, he has not played under this new system. Although he would be one of the, although i hate to say this "better" candidates, I don't think that he would work as well as my next person...

Kevin Eakin. He is from Fordham University (I go to Fordham and I have seen him play) and he is a very solid quarterback. There is no need at this moment pick up an expensive backup qb especially when it is going to be at least the Brooks Bollinger show for the next 2 weeks, especially if the injuries are serious. He played well for NFL Europe last year and at least is familiar with the Heimerdinger system. He is going to making minimum and problem just going to be getting the smallest contract that he could get. With him you have quarterback that could just execute the offense, and could be ready to play by this week if the mri's don't go well. Testaverde will not be ready for this week, nor would any other player. Right now no matter what happens, Brooks is the quarterback. You just need 1 person that can go in and play god forbid Brooks gets hurt. Any quarterback that we pick up on waivers would not be ready for this week, and would only be familiar with a small part of the offesive game plan by week 5. Therefore best option Kevin Eakin.

And if you all don't mind, I'll throw another name out there as well. Billy Volek, worked very well last year in the Heimerdinger system, young and smart and made the Tennessee offense decent last year. He is waste on the Tennessee bench right now and we may be able to get him.

It's doubtful that TEN would part with Volek...He's being groomed to succeed McNair...And they need him in case the gutsy McNair goes down the way the jets QB's have suddenly...If the situation gets any worse there are plenty of young guys out there that you could plug in but noone who could come in and win ballgames for you. If this Eakin fella knows the system he sounds like your best bet.

Archived