Bollinger to start Sunday.

RSJ

Well at least he can pass the ball down the field with some authority. My problem with Bollinger is his size; at barely over 6 feet tall, he is going to have a hard time passing over the behemoths on opposing Defensive lines. Not to mention he is only 205 llbs soaking wet. Dinger is going to have to design alot of roll out plays to take advantage of his mobility.

I am still trying to figure out what Bradway and Herm saw in this guy in the first place....

Let the Jets version of the BB era begin.

Bollinger should have come into the game after Fiedler went down.

No way in hell the Jets were going to win that game with PennyBoy coming back in.

Hermy needs to grow a set and start making some tough decisions.

Bollinger would have given the Jets the best chance at a victory.

No way in hell the Jets were going to win that game with PennyBoy coming back in.

You are 100% correct Tx. I couldn't agree more. Even for the short period that Fiedler was in there the Jags backed off the line. They did not respect Chad at all and rightfully so.

You seem to be getting alot of this today Tex, but [Ahemm] I have to agree with you. He should have pulled the trigger on that on stop letting Chad lead him around.

I know we would have been playing with fire, because Chad would have been ineligble to com back, but sorry.

I forget the exact time of the Fiedler injury, but I believe it to be before teh 4th quarter-In that case, the Jets really needed to go back to Penny if at all humanly possible.

If you insert Bolly, and he gets injured, You CAN NOT insert Penny or Fiedler back into the game until the 4th quarter. Bolly was the emergency 3rd qb.

I think I have that rule right. Anyone?

I forget the exact time of the Fiedler injury, but I believe it to be before teh 4th quarter-In that case, the Jets really needed to go back to Penny if at all humanly possible.

If you insert Bolly, and he gets injured, You CAN NOT insert Penny or Fiedler back into the game until the 4th quarter. Bolly was the emergency 3rd qb.

You are right about that rule SD. But Chad couldn't throw it 15 yards at that time. It didn't matter anyway.

Dierk, great point as I forgot all about the 3rd QB rule.

Hopefully someone knows and can post it.

I think if he had gone to Bollinger both other QB's would have been done for today.

If I remember that is what Parcells got hammered for when Vinny tore his achilles and he went with Tupa instead of Mirer or Lucas

Dierk, great point as I forgot all about the 3rd QB rule.

Hopefully someone knows and can post it.

Found this on the web...

Don from Amelia Island, FL: Can you explain the rules and reasoning behind the third-string QB? Why do they have to be designated? Why can't the first or second-string QBs play once the third-string QB has entered the game?

Vic: You're confusing the generic definition of "third quarterback" with the one that is specific to inactive players. A team is not required to designate a "third quarterback." If it doesn't, then none of that team's quarterbacks are subject to the rules that govern the specific definition of the term, "inactive third quarterback." The term applies only to a quarterback a team wishes to designate as such for the purpose of having him not count against the team's 45-man active roster that day. It's an advantage the rules are offering, but if you choose to use it, you must also abide by the rules that go with using it. Those rules stipulate that if the "third quarterback" enters the game before the fourth quarter, the team's other two designated quarterbacks may not enter or re-enter the game. All of the quarterbacks may play if the inactive third quarterback initially enters the game in the fourth quarter or overtime period.

The rule says that you can bring any QB back that you want in teh 4th quarter.

Parcells tried to get cute and named Mirer as his emergency qb with Tupa as his Back-up, in the Vinny game. Parcells was trying to get another player on his active roster (non-qb), thinking that there was no way Vinny would get hurt.

Tupa was the #2 and had to play, or if Mirer came in before the 4th, the Jets would have lost Tupa as well.

Every team has to name an "emergency qb". That QB is not officially active, but can play if there is an emergency. If he does com in before the 4th quarter, the 2 active QBs are out until the4th quarter , at least

Not true. Chad lead the team to the endzone, and hit Chrebet right on the money, what would have likely been the game winning touchdown. But I agree, he still should not have returned, but HE DID give Chrebet and the Jets a chance to win.

The rule says that you can bring any QB back that you want in teh 4th quarter.

Parcells tried to get cute and named Mirer as his emergency qb with Tupa as his Back-up, in the Vinny game. Parcells was trying to get another player on his active roster (non-qb), thinking that there was no way Vinny would get hurt.

Tupa was the #2 and had to play, or if Mirer came in before the 4th, the Jets would have lost Tupa as well.

Every team has to name an "emergency qb". That QB is not officially active, but can play if there is an emergency. If he does com in before the 4th quarter, the 2 active QBs are out until the4th quarter , at least

That's it. I knew something wasn't right when Tupa went in. (He had though been a QB at Ohio State)

He also QB'd the Cardinals for a season. If I remember correctly, he came in and threw a TD pass against the Pats in that game.

Yup, KJ made a huge nab nab of a high pass in teh End Zone.

That game was one of teh strangest games ever. Not only seeing teh season go down the tubes in a fraction of a second, but seeing Parcells totally choke in a game. He was chasing points he shouldn't have been, confused on downs, made recall challenges he shouldn't have, the whole gamut.

And there was Parcells chasing points in the 2nd quarter yesterday, going for 2 points.

Parcells is NOT a great in game coach, folks. At least, what he has shown recently, tarnishes the veneer

I don't know how many of you guys were at the game, but I was right behind the jets sideline and they were preparing brooks to go in after the jets last drive in overtime. When it was third down and just before the completion to smith for a touchdown, Brooks was taking snaps on the sideline from Mawae. It looked like they were preparing to put him in.

Archived