Wayne Chebet's Jersey Retired....

ChrebetBoy

Do you think the Jets will retire Wayne Chrebet's #80?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Jets will retire Wayne Chrebet's #80?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Martin can't get his retired, Chrebet won't get his. If they were going to retire either they would've done it in 2007 when they had Martin & Chrebet days. The Jets blew it with this one. Both 28 and 80 need to be retired along with 12, 13 and 73.

If Martin can't get his retired, Chrebet won't get his. If they were going to retire either they would've done it in 2007 when they had Martin & Chrebet days. The Jets blew it with this one. Both 28 and 80 need to be retired along with 12, 13 and 73.

Yea, i still think there maybe waiting a few years and bring them both to have the numbers retired.

The Jets will retire Martin's jersey when he goes into the Hall of Fame.

Chrebet's jersey will not and should not be retired. The Jets have had better receivers who have not had their numbers retired. Al Toon, Wesley Walker and George Sauer are all more deserving of the honor than Wayne. I love Wayne, but he's not retired jersey material.

The Jets will retire Martin's jersey when he goes into the Hall of Fame.

Chrebet's jersey will not and should not be retired. The Jets have had better receivers who have not had their numbers retired. Al Toon, Wesley Walker and George Sauer are all more deserving of the honor than Wayne. I love Wayne, but he's not retired jersey material.

What???!!!!!!!!!!Your out of your mind!!!!!!!Sauer only played a few years and didnt come close to matching Chrebet's statistics, Al Toom, Walker, your kidding me!!! Wayne Chrebet did a lot things more and a lot better then them, your kidding me. Man, i cant beleive you just said that.

What???!!!!!!!!!!Your out of your mind!!!!!!!Sauer only played a few years and didnt come close to matching Chrebet's statistics, Al Toom, Walker, your kidding me!!! Wayne Chrebet did a lot things more and a lot better then them, your kidding me. Man, i cant beleive you just said that.

You need to watch A WHOLE ****LOAD more football.

He's right dude. For a period of time, before Walton ruined him, there were legit debates as to who was the best receiver in the league between Toon and Jerry Rice. It's funny how people forget that these days. Walker was just the total package and one hell of a player. Neither had the benefit of ever playing under a remotely good coach.

He's right dude. For a period of time, before Walton ruined him, there were legit debates as to who was the best receiver in the league between Toon and Jerry Rice. It's funny how people forget that these days. Walker was just the total package and one hell of a player. Neither had the benefit of ever playing under a remotely good coach.

Let me ask ya this, If toon was close to Rice, then why isnt he in the Hall of Fame. If you look at Statistics overall and storys,etc Chrebet is the better one, sorry-;)

Chrebet's jersey gets retired only if Toon's jersey gets retired. Most overrated Jet ever.

Chrebet is not overrated. The catches Chrebet could make non of those guys could. He made the toughest catches look easy. You have to look again at story's and STATISTICS, and Wayne Chrebet is the better one.

Chrebet is not overrated. The catches Chrebet could make non of those guys could. He made the toughest catches look easy. You have to look again at story's and STATISTICS, and Wayne Chrebet is the better one.

a players story should have nothing to do with him getting his number retired.

Let me ask ya this, If toon was close to Rice, then why isnt he in the Hall of Fame. If you look at Statistics overall and storys,etc Chrebet is the better one, sorry-;)

Stories don't get you in the Hall of Fame.

Comparing receivers stats across eras as if the game is played exactly the same without taking into account changes in the rules which made things a lot easier for Chrebet than they were for Toon and Walker and by extension significantly easier than they were for Sauer suggests you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Chrebet's jersey gets retired only if Toon's jersey gets retired. Most overrated Jet ever.

Wasn't Toon only elite/very good for 3 years? I mean I was not around to witness it, but from a lot of accounts this is what I am lead to understand.

Stories don't get you in the Hall of Fame.

Comparing receivers stats across eras as if the game is played exactly the same without taking into account changes in the rules which made things a lot easier for Chrebet than they were for Toon and Walker and by extension significantly easier than they were for Sauer suggests you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

No, i do. What rules, its football, and Chrebet was the better football player, i dont get you.

Comparing raw data stats of a receiver who played in the 60s against a receiver who played in the 80s and a receiver who played in the 00s is an exercise in futility.

If you say you really think those stats are interchangeable you admitting that you don't know what you are talking about.

Basically the point is if anyone should have their # retired it should be Curtis Martin. It's a joke it hasn't been done already.

I cannot wait for the road trip to Canton in 2 or 3 years.

Lets put it this way, there have been reports every so often within a few years the Jets are retiring Chrebet and Martin at the same time. They both earned it more than anyone else point blank.

lol

one eye was one of the best of his era. was wayne ?

Comparing raw data stats of a receiver who played in the 60s against a receiver who played in the 80s and a receiver who played in the 00s is an exercise in futility.

If you say you really think those stats are interchangeable you admitting that you don't know what you are talking about.

Its the Game of football at WR and Chrebet was better, it proves it.

Archived