fireman Ed gets game ball

jetscott

Alright, I understand what your saying. BUT, If you were the Jets and had one ball to give to one fan who would it be?

It's not like this doesn't make sense.

I know bro - but like you said at the very least the Jets could have sold the balls at no profit. Instead they give it to Mr attention whore.

I know bro - but like you said at the very least the Jets could have sold the balls at no profit. Instead they give it to Mr attention whore.

Yeah, They still could do that. They won't though, but the Jets PR people are getting closer to acceptable.

That said, the Jets did owe Fireman Ed. I think. Wasn't there some **** where they used him to campaign/sell the West Side Stadium and he didn't see any money. Or something like that. I don't really know the details but I remember he was pretty unhappy with the Jets for a year or so.

Yeah, They still could do that. They won't though, but the Jets PR people are getting closer to acceptable.

That said, the Jets did owe Fireman Ed. I think. Wasn't there some **** where they used him to campaign/sell the West Side Stadium and he didn't see any money. Or something like that. I don't really know the details but I remember he was pretty unhappy with the Jets for a year or so.

All I know is that he is an opportunistic attention whore.

If you have such an issue with it how about you lead the crowd this Sunday?

Lead the crowd? lol! The chant was here before Ed and will be here long after. I hope his fag azz does come to my section so I can shove that gameball up his azz.

Lead the crowd? lol! The chant was here before Ed and will be here long after. I hope his fag azz does come to my section so I can shove that gameball up his azz.

You sound bitter, are you really that mad that he got a representative game ball? It's really not that serious dude. :face:

Dude relax there is no reason to bash the guy like that. If you don't like him you don't like him but that is over the line.

I already explained my reasoning earlier in this thread. Ed wasn't there in the begining, he skipped out in the lean times and he has never met a camera he doesn't love.

Who the **** cares if he wasnt there eons ago? He's there now. You just sound jealous and bitter hatin on another JETS fan for no reason other than the fact that he gets media attention.

Who the **** cares if he wasnt there eons ago? He's there now. You just sound jealous and bitter hatin on another JETS fan.

Ed gets a lot of that and I am not sure why. There is no fan rating system. We are just fans, so the standings - who is a bigger fan, etc just isn't needed.

Who the **** cares if he wasnt there eons ago? He's there now. You just sound jealous and bitter hatin on another JETS fan for no reason other than the fact that he gets media attention.

If the Jets were 0-2 right now Ed would be home Sunday nursing his sore vagina. It's not jelousy, it's a fact.

Ed gets a lot of that and I am not sure why. There is no fan rating system. We are just fans, so the standings - who is a bigger fan, etc just isn't needed.

I like Fireman Ed. I think he gives us something unique as a fan base; our own cult hero. I have no problem with him revving up the crowd. The fact that a JETS fan would hate another JETS fan with no legitimate reason saddens me.

I like Fireman Ed. I think he gives us something unique as a fan base; our own cult hero. I have no problem with him revving up the crowd. The fact that a JETS fan would hate another JETS fan with no legitimate reason saddens me.

It is the way of the world now I guess. A Jet fan being happy for another Jet fan seems like a no-brainer to me.

Okay superfan. Too bad you will never get to tell that to Ed to his face. That would be fun to watch.

Never said I was a better fan than Ed or anyone else. That is sort of the point of what I'm saying. Saying I would be afraid to tell Ed that to his face is sort of silly.

Ed is a "CLASS ACT". I have met him a few times . He has always been gracious, took pics with the wife and kids and always , I mean ALWAYS, presented himself in a very unpretentious manner. He has been with us through the very thin times as well as the thick. Fireman Ed is the epitome of a Jet fan and as a Jet fan since the 1960s, I am proud of his representation of us.

Ed is a "CLASS ACT". I have met him a few times . He has always been gracious, took pics with the wife and kids and always , I mean ALWAYS, presented himself in a very unpretentious manner. He has been with us through the very thin times as well as the thick. Fireman Ed is the epitome of a Jet fan and as a Jet fan since the 1960s, I am proud of his representation of us.

Good post. And I agree, I don't know him but he seems like a great guy. Always see him stopping by to talk with people.

Though many people feel that he shouldnt have gotten the ball. The Jets did give a "Fan" a gameday ball. Im not sure, but I dont think that this has ever been done in the history of this sport. Not saying that no one else deserved it, but I am saying lets not find something to argue about....I'd rather have the Jets smack the Pats around like they did then to be given a Gameball. We all got exactly what we wanted on Sunday, a win and a messed up voicebox!

Im proud of you guys that were at the game, and to keep it 100, I expect the same this weekend.

Maybe not the Jets but other NFL teams have done so. The 12th man (fans) are even on the honor ring of Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Archived