FlashForward [**Contains Spoilers**]

PFSIKH

Great episode. I thought it really pushed the series into an interesting direction with the possibilities of actually altering the future. It started to feel like the characters were just marching towards the inevitable.

Granted, Mark and his wife were trying to change THEIR future, but it seemed with the strain of the knowledge of what was "going" to happen it seemed the future was something they couldn't fight. I thought it was a good episode. This show has a ton of potential and the writers have shown they are pretty clever at keeping you intrigued.

I'm a bit surprised that it took them that long to prove that you could, indeed, "change the future." Up until last week's episode they were really hard-selling on the whole "predestiny" thing.

I also think that the opening scene talking about the cat being both alive and dead simultaneously should serve as a big flashing red light as to what the concept of the show - and what the "Flash Forwards" really are all about.

It's a pretty excellent show, though a bit slow moving for my tastes, but it still has promise and I'm still sufficiently intrigued, several episodes in. Though part of me wonders what happens after April 29th, and where the show goes after that. One of the big things that kept me from getting back into Heroes after the first season was that the subsequent stuff felt so tacked on.

i just couldnt figure out how AL was going to jump off that building and live. sheesh. are we sure he is dead? ha!

i love this show.. but the whole change your destiny thing takes the wind out of it a bit. ANyone else feel that way?

i just couldnt figure out how AL was going to jump off that building and live. sheesh. are we sure he is dead? ha!

i love this show.. but the whole change your destiny thing takes the wind out of it a bit. ANyone else feel that way?

Yup count me in. I believe the visions they had ARE the visions to be. Knocking off people who you think might knock off a coworker shouldn't change anything.

I'm a bit surprised that it took them that long to prove that you could, indeed, "change the future." Up until last week's episode they were really hard-selling on the whole "predestiny" thing.

I also think that the opening scene talking about the cat being both alive and dead simultaneously should serve as a big flashing red light as to what the concept of the show - and what the "Flash Forwards" really are all about.

It's a pretty excellent show, though a bit slow moving for my tastes, but it still has promise and I'm still sufficiently intrigued, several episodes in. Though part of me wonders what happens after April 29th, and where the show goes after that. One of the big things that kept me from getting back into Heroes after the first season was that the subsequent stuff felt so tacked on.

Wait...what?

Now, I have to go back and watch that episode.

Given the somewhat slimey nature of Simon and military contracted guns (Jerricho), I think it is something along the lines of a money/technology grab. Peek into the future for insight.

The storyline I do not like, and it is more of a petpeeve, the guy's daughter doing a solo long range recon? Really? I can get around a single vehicle convoy....sort of....could see that explained a way. Woman do not do long range solo recons.

This is not to minimize women's contributions to the military and I know that outside of the Infantry (and other combat arms), they are often in roles that place them in danger. Hollyweird screwed the pooch.

Another little aspect of this storyline is the handling of her DUSTWUN (Duty Status: Whereabouts Unknown). First, that area would have been crawling with numerous units once her status was whereabouts unknown. Second, until physical remains are recovered, they are not listed as KIA....and buried. PFC Matthew Maupin was declared a POW and promoted three times until his remains were found 4-5 years later. Scott Speicher, shot down in Gulf War I, who was decalred MIA, then KIA and back to MIA. The military still executes searches for him.

Thanks for the use of the pulpit.

Wait...what?

Now, I have to go back and watch that episode.

Given the somewhat slimey nature of Simon and military contracted guns (Jerricho), I think it is something along the lines of a money/technology grab. Peek into the future for insight.

The storyline I do not like, and it is more of a petpeeve, the guy's daughter doing a solo long range recon? Really? I can get around a single vehicle convoy....sort of....could see that explained a way. Woman do not do long range solo recons.

This is not to minimize women's contributions to the military and I know that outside of the Infantry (and other combat arms), they are often in roles that place them in danger. Hollyweird screwed the pooch.

Another little aspect of this storyline is the handling of her DUSTWUN (Duty Status: Whereabouts Unknown). First, that area would have been crawling with numerous units once her status was whereabouts unknown. Second, until physical remains are recovered, they are not listed as KIA....and buried. PFC Matthew Maupin was declared a POW and promoted three times until his remains were found 4-5 years later. Scott Speicher, shot down in Gulf War I, who was decalred MIA, then KIA and back to MIA. The military still executes searches for him.

Thanks for the use of the pulpit.

Agreed. My hats off to all women in uniform, many of which put their lives on the line just like the men. However, the writers dicked up the storyline big time.

Archived