I am officially comfortably numb

Scott Dierking

It has happened. They have finally affected me enough, where they cannot effect me any more.

This time my spirit, my will, my unshaking allegiance to this team were not crushed. They finally did it. They have made me callous enough, they have made me deaf, dumb and blind to what is going on.

The Vinny game-CRUSHED ME.

The Mud Bowl-CRUSHED ME.

The Byrd Game-CRUSHED ME.

The Kotite Era-CRUSHED ME.

The Spike Game-CRUSHED ME.

The following Pete Carroll Games-CRUSHED ME.

The Denver Debacle-CRUSHED ME.

The Lou Holtz experiment-CRUSHED ME.

Bellichick spurning-CRUSHED ME

Parcells quitting-CRUSHED ME

Parcells flirting with other teams-CRUSHED ME

This debacle-Rolled relatively like water off a duck's ass.

I see the rest of you ranting and mad, and can understand and even empathize with that. I have been there. I just can't share in that emotion any more.

I am sure psychologists have a term for it, I am just not smart enough to know it. They say that whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. I guess I can rise above that rubble now.

I just cann not let it affect me anymore. I still love the Jets and watching football as much as I ever have, but for some damn reason I can shake off the on coming catastrophe.

I wish it for everyone else. Or. I guess that maybe I don't, because that menas that you too, will have to have endured it as long. I don't know.

Yesterday my 8 year old ripped his shorts right at the azz crack, and his teachers and classmates were amused to find out he didn't wear underwear yesterday. THAT IS IMPORTANT.

Yesterday my 6 year old beat me in a video game home run contest. He beamed lkike it was his most important accomplishment in teh world. THAT IS IMPORTANT.

We found out that my sister-in -in law is pregant with their 3rd child-THAT IS IMPORTANT.

Tonight, I am going to a Phillies game with friends and we are going to watch a playoff type atmosphere game and tailgate-THAT IS IMPORTANT.

I am sorry for dragging all of you through this post, that is mainly about me.

My name is Ken and I am a recovered Jet Fan. Today is day 1.

dont put songs in the title if you dont want to see the lyrics ;)

HELLO KEN! :D

Hello?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me.

Is there anyone home?

Come on, now.

I hear you're feeling down.

Well I can ease your pain,

Get you on your feet again.

Relax.

I need some information first.

Just the basic facts,

Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain, you are receding.

A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.

You are only coming through in waves.

Your lips move but I can't hear what you're sayin'.

When I was a child I had a fever.

My hands felt just like two balloons.

Now I got that feeling once again.

I can't explain, you would not understand.

This is not how I am.

I have become comfortably numb.

Ok.

Just a little pinprick.

There'll be no more ...Aaaaaahhhhh!

But you may feel a little sick.

Can you stand up?

I do believe it's working. Good.

That'll keep you going for the show.

Come on it's time to go.

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,

Out of the corner of my eye.

I turned to look but it was gone.

I cannot put my finger on it now.

The child is grown, the dream is gone.

dont put songs in the title if you dont want to see the lyrics ;)

HELLO KEN! :D

Hello?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me.

Is there anyone home?

Come on, now.

I hear you're feeling down.

Well I can ease your pain,

Get you on your feet again.

Relax.

I need some information first.

Just the basic facts,

Can you show me where it hurts?

When I was a child I had a fever.

My hands felt just like two balloons.

Now I got that feeling once again.

I can't explain, you would not understand.

This is not how I am.

Ok.

Just a little pinprick.

There'll be no more ...Aaaaaahhhhh!

But you may feel a little sick.

Can you stand up?

I do believe it's working. Good.

That'll keep you going for the show.

Come on it's time to go.

When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,

Out of the corner of my eye.

I turned to look but it was gone.

I cannot put my finger on it now.

The child is grown, the dream is gone.

GG in essence, that describes it perfectly.

It has happened. They have finally affected me enough, where they cannot effect me any more.

This time my spirit, my will, my unshaking allegiance to this team were not crushed. They finally did it. They have made me callous enough, they have made me deaf, dumb and blind to what is going on.

The Vinny game-CRUSHED ME.

The Mud Bowl-CRUSHED ME.

The Byrd Game-CRUSHED ME.

The Kotite Era-CRUSHED ME.

The Spike Game-CRUSHED ME.

The following Pete Carroll Games-CRUSHED ME.

The Denver Debacle-CRUSHED ME.

The Lou Holtz experiment-CRUSHED ME.

Bellichick spurning-CRUSHED ME

Parcells quitting-CRUSHED ME

Parcells flirting with other teams-CRUSHED ME

This debacle-Rolled relatively like water off a duck's a$$.

I see the rest of you ranting and mad, and can understand and even empathize with that. I have been there. I just can't share in that emotion any more.

I am sure psychologists have a term for it, I am just not smart enough to know it. They say that whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. I guess I can rise above that rubble now.

I just cann not let it affect me anymore. I still love the Jets and watching football as much as I ever have, but for some damn reason I can shake off the on coming catastrophe.

I wish it for everyone else. Or. I guess that maybe I don't, because that menas that you too, will have to have endured it as long. I don't know.

Yesterday my 8 year old ripped his shorts right at the azz crack, and his teachers and classmates were amused to find out he didn't wear underwear yesterday. THAT IS IMPORTANT.

Yesterday my 6 year old beat me in a video game home run contest. He beamed lkike it was his most important accomplishment in teh world. THAT IS IMPORTANT.

We found out that my sister-in -in law is pregant with their 3rd child-THAT IS IMPORTANT.

Tonight, I am going to a Phillies game with friends and we are going to watch a playoff type atmosphere game and tailgate-THAT IS IMPORTANT.

I am sorry for dragging all of you through this post, that is mainly about me.

My name is Ken and I am a recovered Jet Fan. Today is day 1.

Dude I could not agree more. Guess you figured I'd be ranting in every thread for Chad even being in the game in the first place & how it's just dumb luck Martin didn't suffer a similar fate given the circumstances. Maybe later on that will come after this has all set in. But for now, I just don't have it in me.

SE- I know you are a good fan and a good man.

I don't think that anyone is right at this time, nor is anyone wrong.

We are just all caught up in this together.

We are like in our own TV version of "Lost" and wondering how teh F#ck we get off this island.

Too many monsters and dragons for us to slay.

Precious are the fans that have followed this team 20 + years and still hang with it.

Imagine poor Woody. he is a neophyte caught up in this world of sh#t.

All he wanted was a face plate for his darling franchise at th enew stadium on teh West Side. He needed an image to have with what he hoped was going to be the jewel of the NFL.

That man was Chad.

It fell apart so quickly for him.

I know how you guys feel, Im a dolphins fan. Too bad your season is done SUCKERS!!!!!

P.S--Have fun with Brock or Vinny hahaha, I think you guys are better off taking the snaps :lol:

The Jets will still end up with a better record than your sorry buch of losers. Bollinger > Frerotte+Feeley

I know how you guys feel, Im a dolphins fan. Too bad your season is done SUCKERS!!!!!

P.S--Have fun with Brock or Vinny hahaha, I think you guys are better off taking the snaps :lol:

Wow buddy you sure have alot of class.

Dolphins are a big rival, but I sure wouldn't wish serious injury on any of their players.

Whatever floats your boat.

Wow buddy you sure have alot of class.

Dolphins are a big rival, but I sure wouldn't wish serious injury on any of their players.

Whatever floats your boat.

Last time I checked I didnt wish for noodles/Fiedler to get hurt, things like that happen. SAGE ROSENFELS took snaps last season and everyone was laughin it up

I would consider the Phins a rival if they beat us more than one time over the last 7 years. Too bad they have not been much competition.

You guys have a chance next year WITH MATT LEINART hahah...lol :lol:=D>

Uh, we beat your team in week 2.

Why exactly are you here again?

Oh, thats right...youre a troll.

And its obvious we dont need Matt Leinart to beat the Dolphins...we did it in week 2 behind a qb with a still bum shoulder.

Have a nice day.

I feel the same exact way..I heard the news yesterday, said an "oh sh*t" and that was it. In that same instant I just thought to myself, that it would be interesting to watch Bollinger. I don't feel the same agony I felt when Vinnys season was over a few seasons ago on day 1.

I love the jets and I'll keep watching the games but at this point I'm looking at what OTs might be available in the top 5 come draft day.

It would make you mentally ill if you couldn't stop and laugh.

Oncde again, under Edwards, this team is a laughingstock. they kept tinkering, or should I say, pennypinching, on the OL.

We drafted Justin Miller over any number of mean OL guys. Other teams find Dan Koppen, Chris Snee, etc. in the 2nd round. the Jets draft punt returners and hope for the best with a fragile QB and a geriatric RB. And that's even if you concede Mcckenzie was too expensive.If Miller could dislodge David Barrett, it might've made sense. Now-it looks moronic.

Fabini was old last year. Jones was nothing special and looked awful all preseason.

Ross Verba was out there. Didn't call him.

Gragg was signed, but they didn't put him in until last Sunday.

As JetMo has pointed out, the OL has in 5 years from a rock to a mess. And the wishful thinking starts with the Master Motivator. Doug Marrone cannot make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t. Anf that's what Edwards asked him to do.

Wondered how long it would take for the Floyd lyrics to appear in this thread. Greengal does not disappoint.

:)

Yeah, you wonder how many kicks in the face you can take from your beloved football team. I'm still standing, doesn't mean I don't waver slightly from time to time.

d

Remind me...with the exception of maybe two seasons..how are teh dolphins any better. they are the biggest chokeartists in the nfl. Newsflash d!ckhead, 72,73' wasn't 5 years ago.

Archived