PRO-Herm or ANTI-Herm?

Jetsfan80

As of 9/27/05, are you PRO-HERM or ANTI-HERM?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. As of 9/27/05, are you PRO-HERM or ANTI-HERM?

It's time to revisit the topic originally drafted by Tom Shane. Previously, Herm's approval rating was somewhere in the 65 % vicinity, if I am not mistaken. Let's see how that has changed following the first three weeks of this season.

Simply vote, then post one of the following:

PRO-HERM

ANTI-HERM

And explain why. My opinion has been well-documented.

I know this is going to shock you all.. but...

Still pro.

The biggest mistake was made during the off season when we didn't shore up the o-line with some more depth. We broke 2 QBs in ONE GAME and have absolutely no running game to mention.

I hope Bollywood can run, because he isn't going to sit in the pocket and throw.

BZ

We broke 2 QBs in ONE GAME and have absolutely no running game to mention.

BZ, the point you are glossing over is that Herm had something to do with us having at least one broken QB.

Also, part of the reason we have no running game is because Curtis had 426 carries last year at age 31. Maybe that was Hackett's doing. But I do recall Herm saying before the season that "Curtis gets as many carries as he wants, that's his decision", which is just plain retarded, and shows you why LaMont Jordan and now Derrick Blaylock have been severly under-used.

It should have come as no surprise that Curtis has finally hit the wall this year, AND that we were totally unprepared when it happened.

BZ, the point you are glossing over is that Herm had something to do with us having at least one broken QB.

Also, part of the reason we have no running game is because Curtis had 426 carries last year at age 31. Maybe that was Hackett's doing. But I do recall Herm saying before the season that "Curtis gets as many carries as he wants, that's his decision", which is just plain retarded, and shows you why LaMont Jordan and now Derrick Blaylock have been severly under-used.

It should have come as no surprise that Curtis has finally hit the wall this year, AND that we were totally unprepared when it happened.

Wait, wait, wait. Where has it been said that Herm is "responsible" for teh Chad injury?

What doctor said that, and exactly what was the coaching staff told in relation to teh injury, post surgery, and during the game after he first went out.

As well, when did the tear occur?

Where was all this published-I haven't seen it.

I am pro herm..........not by much

I am not ready to see him fired & insert donnie h in a knee jerk reaction. He is a good d coordinater & should remain there. Don't make the same mistake 2wice if you're anti herm. bring in a guy next year with proper experience.

what was dingers input?????????

I was Pro-Herm until about April. Then the Doug Jolley thing happened and I finally stopped making excuses for all the stupid sh*te he's been talking his way out of for the past few seasons. He's done well and has a good track record, but a good coach knows how to build a team, run a team, coach a team, and manage the games to the benefit of his team. Herm isn't ready for the big-time. He seems to delegate too much and take too little responsibility. Chad going down is Herm's fault on so many levels. He didn't shore-up a very thin and untested offensive line (build a team), he allowed Pennington to set his own schedule and play when he should've sat and healed (run a team). He gave the reigns to Heimerdinger who came in cold to coach an offense that had none of the strengths of his former squad, and sent that offense onto the feild though they were unprepared and simply incapable of succeeding (coach a team). Need I give examples of his game-day screw-ups? I thought not. I've GROWN to be anti-Herm. He's completly flustrated the confidence out of me.

Scary thing-between ther freak occurrence of losing 2 QBs ifor the season in a single quarter(giving him a pass to some in the media) and a solid defense(save David Barrett), Edwards will slip by just enough to get brought back.

It's a harsh thing to say, but the best thing for the long-term health fo the franchise is for this team to totally tank, get Matt Leinart, dump Edwards and start fresh. But the defense is good enough to eke out 4-5 more wins.

This team doesn't get competitive again until the "Waiting for Pennington" act is over and Martin retires or is gone somehow. The offense has to be totally overhauled, ANd Edwards is too stupid and loyal to the old guys to do that.

Archived