why would anyone deal fairly in a trade?

bitonti

Pay attention - Here's the deal folks - why would any team deal "fairly" with a trade when they know we are desperate?

Teams like the Skins (who hate us), the Titans (an AFC competator) are in a position to demand MULTIPLE first round picks for their backups - because they know that we are absolutely screwed. The price goes up based on demand and supply. Supply is short and our demand is high. Hence they will try to get as much as possible, even if it's completely unfair. That's the way of the NFL.

So please cut the crap with "lets get Billy Volek for a 3rd rounder" that s--t will never ever happen.

if the Jets make a trade for a name it will be an absolute butt raping. Seriously we are talking multiple firsts.

Terry won't do that and he shouldn't do that.

Pay attention - Here's the deal folks - why would any team deal "fairly" with a trade when they know we are desperate?

Teams like the Skins (who hate us), the Titans (an AFC competator) are in a position to demand MULTIPLE first round picks for their backups - because they know that we are absolutely screwed. The price goes up based on demand and supply. Supply is short and our demand is high. Hence they will try to get as much as possible, even if it's completely unfair. That's the way of the NFL.

So please cut the crap with "lets get Billy Volek for a 3rd rounder" that s--t will never ever happen.

if the Jets make a trade for a name it will be an absolute butt raping. Seriously we are talking multiple firsts.

Terry won't do that and he shouldn't do that.

Totally agree Bit..No more Dumb moves..Although Hermie will probley get a 4 year extention and a raise! :roll:

multiple firsts??

your exaggerating a bit bit, no pun intended, lol

I wish i were. Fisher was on NFL network yesterday and Eisen asked him what about trading Volek and jeff said "tell Terry Bradway we need multiple firsts and then we can talk" - Eisen laughed, Fisher sorta chuckled but it was a reaction - you could tell that statement wasn't too far from the truth.

I don't have any real insider info but i guaruntee that some of the offers terry was considering monday and today were OUTLANDISH. Snyder probably laughed in his face and hung up the phone.

I wish i were. Fisher was on NFL network yesterday and Eisen asked him what about trading Volek and jeff said "tell Terry Bradway we need multiple firsts and then we can talk" - Eisen laughed, Fisher sorta chuckled but it was a reaction - you could tell that statement wasn't too far from the truth.

I don't have any real insider info but i guaruntee that some of the offers terry was considering monday and today were OUTLANDISH. Snyder probably laughed in his face and hung up the phone.

you gotta consider also that Fisher has an axe to gring with Terry as I said earlier

cant see him in a mood to 'help a brother out' when he's pissed that he feels we 'stole' dinger from under him

you gotta consider also that Fisher has an axe to gring with Terry as I said earlier

cant see him in a mood to 'help a brother out' when he's pissed that he feels we 'stole' dinger from under him

ditto Synder. What it comes down to is no one will deal fairly with a team that's desperate. They'd be dumb to do so. There are no "nice guys" in the NFL. If we had 4 decent QB's and Fisher/Snyder called us we would do the same thing. "Screw you, pay me"

I fully agree with you. Trading for a QB now would just be 'throwing good money after bad'. The season is effectively over now, so why try to salvage a 7-9 record at the expense of valuable draft choices?

Bit's 100% correct. This offense is not playoff-caliber, even if the defense is. I ahve zero faith in Bollinger/Vinny/What ever.You have to let this play out and see where the Jets wind up in the draft. The Bolts aren't going to deal one of their QBs midseason unless they rip somebody off. And if that winds up costing you Matt Leinart, it will have been a complete fiasco beyond even this.

ditto Synder. What it comes down to is no one will deal fairly with a team that's desperate. They'd be dumb to do so. There are no "nice guys" in the NFL. If we had 4 decent QB's and Fisher/Snyder called us we would do the same thing. "Screw you, pay me"

So true. Skip the trade talk.

Go Bollinger!! =D>

Archived