Brian Schottenheimer: MERGED

Ghost

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, these Sanchez ducks aren't helping much. I've mentioned it before but you guys get mad at me every time I call Sanchez' arm into question. Does this guy really have a good arm? The Meadowlands is really windy that's why you need a guy with a cannon. So far I still haven't seen it from Sanchez. Definitely has been overrated so far, I can understand why people outside of NY are sick of hearing about Sanchez.

You know, these Sanchez ducks aren't helping much. I've mentioned it before but you guys get mad at me every time I call Sanchez' arm into question. Does this guy really have a good arm? The Meadowlands is really windy that's why you need a guy with a cannon. So far I still haven't seen it from Sanchez. Definitely has been overrated so far, I can understand why people outside of NY are sick of hearing about Sanchez.

I'm beginning to cringe every time he drops back to pass

bump to the top.

This is their biggest problem. Can't we start a propaganda war against him at the stadium like we did to Hackett.

At least to open some eyes. Because for some reason I think Rex is drinking the Schotty Kool-Aid. And thinks he some great coach. I think he just hears the last name and thinks he is a good coach.

Here's my main issue with Schotty. It seems like every year, no matter who is the QB, they wind up making seemingly bad decisions on where to go with the football and that leads to tons of INT's. I just don't think it's the players anymore. I really think there is something fundamentally wrong with his plays. I look at other teams and I see their receivers roaming free in the secondaries. I look at ours, and no matter who the receivers are, the DB's are right on top of them. I also remember a couple of years ago a stat they put up doing a game that said when we were in a certain formation, we ran like 87% of the time. I'm really starting to wonder if this is happening in more than just that one formation and if our plays are just really that predictable.

Schotty had me and the San Diego FO convinced that Drew Brees was not that good, and LT made him. That pretty much tells you all you need to know. This guy managed to hold down Brees with LT on the team while the QB coach in San Diego. Brees leaves as an FA and there isn't really even that much competition to sign him as an FA, absolutely unheard of for a QB in his prime.

He of course then goes to the Saints and the rest is history, everyone knows he's one of the best QBs in the league. That happened virtually overnight. That does not happen without incompetence with the coaches.

Nothing good can come of Schott, this guy needs to go. If he can hold back Drew Brees, how can anyone have faith in Sanchez overcoming this moron? And that was merely as a QB coach, now as an OC he wields even more power to be stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

Braniac;

I continue to be amazed at your insistence to 'over think' every game situation. You have shown a tendency to try and do the EXACT opposite of what is believed to be the logical strategy. You have a belief IMHO that you are attempting to 'fool' the defense by going 180 degrees from what is considered the high % move at the time. Memo to Brian: There is a REASON why some plays are considerd high %. Its because they are the RIGHT way to go.

Case in point tonight at end of game.

1:30ish on clock, we just ran 4 yds. on 1st down from 11. Its 2nd and 6 from 7 yd line.

Run the ball!!!

We have 3 plays to get 6 yds for a 1st down or score a TD. And guess what ? By running you also kill the clock so Miami cant get ball back for tying or game winning FG. And Miami would use timeouts to boot. By throwing , if you score ASAP, Miami gets ball back with alot of time.

Why the hell do you throw in that tight endzone coverage when you have a strong OLline, solid run game and 1:30 on clock. The fact that Jones got 4 yd son 1st down should have been the signal to use next 3 plays to get a 1st down or TD.

Throwing was the exact opposite of what you should have done due to run was working and it also allowed Miami to get ball back if we score.

But no!!!!!!!! You OVERTHINK and say 'Miami expecting a run, I will mix them up'. There is a reason Miami was expecting run. Cause it was football 101 idiocy to throw down there when you DIDNT need to.

And guess what Mephisto? Miami EXPECTED a run on 1st down and Jones got 4 yds. That wasnt a freaking clue to you that we could have run the ball in at that point. Miami was on its heels as they thought they blew the game. Only a over thinking coach could have given that game away. And like you did vs Buffalo by throwing into wind when run game was working, you gave another game away.

You have now single handily lost this team 2 games.

And Rex, shame on you for not telling Schott to pound it in after Jones gained 4 on 1st down. Shame on you for not being more assertive. Watch your back Scott, Callahan would serve this teams philosophy more than you can and it wont take too many more screw ups for you to lose the OC job. If Callahan was OC vs Buffalo and Miami today we win both games.

SouthernJet.

Archived