Can someone please tell me why Hartsock had to hold on that play.

redman81

Why does this A**hole have to hold on the run by Jones in OT. Seriously, we are already in field goal range. The guy he held on prob makes tackle on Jones but he still would have had 2 yards. You take those yards and kick the field goal, but instead we get pushed back and then unfortunately have a botched hold on the attempt. It was still a longer field then we should have been attempting without that damn hold. I know we had countless opp. to win the game, but that was our best shot.

Why does this A**hole have to hold on the run by Jones in OT. Seriously, we are already in field goal range. The guy he held on prob makes tackle on Jones but he still would have had 2 yards. You take those yards and kick the field goal, but instead we get pushed back and then unfortunately have a botched hold on the attempt. It was still a longer field then we should have been attempting without that damn hold. I know we had countless opp. to win the game, but that was our best shot.

cut him..TJ was past that tackle

cost us game

The hold totally set up the play... It opened the hole.

The real question is WHY DID WE EVEN RUN THE PLAY.

cut him..TJ was past that tackle

cost us game

lol...come on. this game is entirely on sanchez and his 5 interceptions. and there plenty more bad passes besides those 5. this guy may have never played a game in inclement weathe rin his life...but he needs to figure it out cause playing football in the northeast is all about bad weather.

lol...come on. this game is entirely on sanchez and his 5 interceptions. and there plenty more bad passes besides those 5. this guy may have never played a game in inclement weathe rin his life...but he needs to figure it out cause playing football in the northeast is all about bad weather.

I'm not saying this game isn't completely upon the rook. I'm just saying it's one of those plays that someone should just know better. At that point in OT and where we were, you want no penalties of any kind. Why a guy would blatantly hold is beyond me. The extra yards would have been nice but we didn't desperately need them. We could have taken the yard or two he would have had, whether he could have broken tackle or not is besides the point, and kick the FG. Just really pissed at that golden opportunity we blew. The one guy I DO want cut is #44 Ighedigbo or however you spell it. Guy does absolutely nothing for us and costs us 15 yards by throwing a punch at a guy with no helmet. Real Jerk Off. I think he cost us in a game late last year too, Seattle maybe?

no we shouldn't have. that would have been stupid. that was not a gimme field goal with the wind.

How did not kicking it work out for us? It left us a 50 yd kick which we were going to try in desperation!

40 yd kick for an NFL kicker. make it. give the team a chance to win.

How did not kicking it work out for us? It left us a 50 yd kick which we were going to try in desperation!

40 yd kick for an NFL kicker. make it. give the team a chance to win.

i hear what you're sayin.....but the result doesn't make the decision wrong. didn't you learn anything form the doug brien situation? you try t give you team the best chance to win. which means a hand-off in between the hashmarks to try and pick up some more yards for your kicker and give him a nice straight shot. if it wasn't windy and we weren't at the bad end of the field i'd say maybe your way is ok...but i'd still probably disagree.

Archived