Braylon Edwards charged with assault

jaspegs

New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards was charged with misdemeanor assault today in connection with an incident outside a Cleveland nightclub, the Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting.

The charges stem from an accusation that Edwards punched a friend of Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James. The incident took place shortly before Edwards was traded to the Jets from the Cleveland Browns.

The Plain Dealer reports that Edwards faces a sentence of up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if he's convicted of misdemeanor convicted.

Edwards had 10 catches for 139 yards in four games with the Browns. He has nine catches for 118 yards in three games with the Jets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/26/braylon-edwards-charged-with-assault/

:wtf:

WTF?! Six months for a misdemeanor....I'm sure he'll plea down, but It'll suck if he gets suspended...

I don't think he faces that even if he is convicted, the article says "up to" as in that is the maximum time he could face.

Unless of course this isn't his first run in.

I'm worried. It ain't fun having players charged with assault. Hopefully he gets off.

If it's a max of six months, he wont go to jail. I'd be more worried about a suspension.

As far as him getting off completely... Come on... He definitely did it.

I wish there was a big rivalry between them. Like if they hated each other, that would be great. Lebron will never be as good as Kobe.

Yeah bc Lebron doesn't take 40 shots a game like Kobe does very often. Granted he hasn't shot as much in recent years, but he still forces way to many shots. What you should have said is Kobe will never be as good as JORDAN.

Yeah bc Lebron doesn't take 40 shots a game like Kobe does very often. Granted he hasn't shot as much in recent years, but he still forces way to many shots. What you should have said is Kobe will never be as good as JORDAN.

WTF does Jordan have to do with Kobe being better than LeBron?

PLEASE tell me you don't have a Sanchez jersey.

Otherwise, we might as well call you Osama Joe Laden hell bent on destroying the Jets.

:rl:

No, I don't have a Sanchez.

Rhodes, Keller, Jones, Braylon, Leon, D'Brick, Clemens :bag: are my current players.

HAHAHA. That's all I can do at this point. Like I said before, expect nothing but the worst. I said that Shonn Greene would be the next one to go out with a big injury, but I was wrong. Forgot that our number 1 receiver has run ins with the law. This is a big ****ing joke. Hopefully he can just pay a quick fine and we can move forward. I don't want this to be the hot topic for a while...im already bored of it.

Archived