Keller Needs Work

TheSage

Is is just me or does Keller look lost when he breaks off his routes? Some of Sanchez' passes to Keller seem to be thrown to where Keller should be but he is too deep or cuts the wrong way. rarely do I notice that with the other receivers so that i ascribe it to Keller not Sanchez.

The other players around him last year made it a lot easier for him to get open we had coles and cotchery all year so he was being left pretty much uncovered down the middle and with favre able to get him the ball quickly all he had to do was run which he is good at other teams were covering him with lbs which he was able to burn everytime now with sanchez being young he is not able to see things the way farve did and on top of all this he is just not getting open

The other players around him last year made it a lot easier for him to get open we had coles and cotchery all year so he was being left pretty much uncovered down the middle and with favre able to get him the ball quickly all he had to do was run which he is good at other teams were covering him with lbs which he was able to burn everytime now with sanchez being young he is not able to see things the way farve did and on top of all this he is just not getting open

There may be truth to this because we havent seen what kind of impact that he can make with both Edwards and Cotch playing together.

However, I think he just sucks. He a talented athelte, but he can block or catch. Problem when you're a TE.

He didnt even have a good season last year. He had a good 4 game span when our offense was clicking. Rams, Tenn, NE, Den. Besides those 4 games, he was a complete non-factor.

There may be truth to this because we havent seen what kind of impact that he can make with both Edwards and Cotch playing together.

However, I think he just sucks. He a talented athelte, but he can block or catch. Problem when you're a TE.

He didnt even have a good season last year. He had a good 4 game span when our offense was clicking. Rams, Tenn, NE, Den. Besides those 4 games, he was a complete non-factor.

I have to wonder how much of it is Keller and how much of it is Sanchez. before Brett got hurt last season he was having an ok year. Then Brett got beat up and the ball started going to the other team more often.

When Sanchez was having good game he seemed to be a factor. The Miami game

Sanchez had his eyes frozen of Edwards like me when the waitress brings other peoples food to their table before i get mine.

But since Sanchez has been tossing pics like their slippin sliding honeys at your place on the fourth Keller has become invisible. I think Rookie QB taking his lumps is part of it.

part of the problem, sanchez doesn't really look for him unless it's a called play to the TE... in general Sanchez goes through 1 maybe 2 reads max... best TE plays tend to be when the WR are covered and the QB opts for the TE... that doesn't happen, sanchez has a bad habit of throwing to WR even if they are covered... meanwhile Favre barely knew the plays, always went TE... even Clemens when he played always looked for the TE... some Qb's do it more than others.

but it's not all Mark's fault. Keller needs to be more consistent with routes and hands... there's blame to be shared... both players should get better but it might take an offseason to do it.

I have to wonder how much of it is Keller and how much of it is Sanchez. before Brett got hurt last season he was having an ok year. Then Brett got beat up and the ball started going to the other team more often.

When Sanchez was having good game he seemed to be a factor. The Miami game

Sanchez had his eyes frozen of Edwards like me when the waitress brings other peoples food to their table before i get mine.

But since Sanchez has been tossing pics like their slippin sliding honeys at your place on the fourth Keller has become invisible. I think Rookie QB taking his lumps is part of it.

lmao!!!

part of the problem, sanchez doesn't really look for him unless it's a called play to the TE... in general Sanchez goes through 1 maybe 2 reads max... best TE plays tend to be when the WR are covered and the QB opts for the TE... that doesn't happen, sanchez has a bad habit of throwing to WR even if they are covered... meanwhile Favre barely knew the plays, always went TE... even Clemens when he played always looked for the TE... some Qb's do it more than others.

but it's not all Mark's fault. Keller needs to be more consistent with routes and hands... there's blame to be shared... both players should get better but it might take an offseason to do it.

the game is moving a half tick too fast for sanchez still. he'll get up to speed. probably not till next year though.

It's not Kellers fault, he played really well at times last year, and overall had a great rookie year. It's clear that he and Sanchez have absolutely no chemistry, and it seems like Sanchez looks to him as a 4th or 5th option at times. Now that could be on Keller but I really couldn't see how, he's explosive, runs great routes, and has very solid hands, his blocking could use a ton of work, but thats really not what the OP was even trying to get at. I also just looked at the stats and Keller is only 22nd in the league in targets for Tight Ends, thats not gonna cut it.

I miss Chris Baker. I really do.

I hope Keller doesn't suck. This is the week that he should have a breakout performance. The Jets should have a pass heavy gameplan ready to go against the fish, and that plan should include a lot of designed plays to the TE. I know everyone wants the ol' ground 'n' pound this week, but Miami's much better against the run than they are against the pass. Best way to get them out of their own plans to run the ball down the Jets throat would be to get up ASAP by a couple scores. Easier said than done, sure, but a lot easier if they're going downfield rather than to Thomas Jones up the middle.

Keller needs to bring his A game this week.

Keller needs work yes, but he's had 1 epically terrible games versus Buffalo and 2 others where he was a non-factor. The kid is only in his second year, but relax already on him being a bust, so on and so forth. He no longer has a QB who has made TE's look like studs in Favre and has had 3 terrible games in a row (the same 3 games with no Cotchery). Sure he's under achieved and has really benefitted from Ds planning around the running game, having Cotchery and Coles out wide last year, but lets not call for this kid's head already.

He'll be fine and rack up 4-5 receptions this week and silent the critics who are too quick to label him a bust after 23 games.

Chris Baker was the first down maker for us! We should have kept him. I feel Keller will eventually get it. he looks tentative out there. I wonder if maybe he spent a bit too much time learning how to block!

I think that might of had to do more with Chad going through how progressions almost to quickly eager to get to the short routes

I think Keller has just hit a rough patch, that stretch of games last year wasn't a fluke I see it more as a flash of potential, unlike what we have seen with another draft pick.

He's been adjusting to a different QB and also has had to deal with injuries to WR's, Sanchez's rookie slumps, Sanchez playing with his new toy Edwards and the Jets basically just running the ball a lot more.

He's definitely made some botched plays but everyone called Vernon Davis a bust and he seems to be coming on stronger this year (and not just last week with his 3 TD's) so I really think Keller will produce into a great pass-catching TE that will create many mismatches for years to come.

Chris Baker was the first down maker for us! We should have kept him. I feel Keller will eventually get it. he looks tentative out there. I wonder if maybe he spent a bit too much time learning how to block!

I was thinking the same thing haha. Keller had a good game at Houston this year when Sanchez went to him a few times for some big gains. Since then they haven't been on the same page but good thing there is a whole half of a season left.

Archived