Bolly bashing will always come back to haunt you

Fred Jetstone

greengal] 9:17 pm: Hi Peter, thank you for coming here tonight. Brooks Bollinger looked awful during the Giants game and didnt seem to show much at camp . Why did they keep them and what are thy going to do with him? Is there talent there that we are not seeing?

[PeterSchwartz] 9:18 pm: Well, the choice was him or Kevin Eakin and Bollinger has taken NFL snaps and thats why he made the team, and you

fred... if you read my recent comments... i have decide that if brooks is going to be our qb .. i will support him. I picked him as my "stud"... and have called for the Jets to win 27-17...

but he did look awful during the giants jets game. he was 0 for 4. i guess i shouldnt have been that harsh ... he did have one run for 5 yards.

:roll:

so yabba dabba do that, smart a$$.

The Bolly bashing will be out of control by about 5 p.m. on Sunday.

The game starts at 4:05, you only give the kid 55 minutes before the Bolly bashing becomes out of controll? Dam your rough. :lol:

The Jets will be 2-2 after Bolly leads them to victory over the Ravens. I absolutely, positively guarantee it.

I hate to say if, but if Bolly doesn't get the job done tomorrow, the Bolly bashing will happen right after the game.

And he didn't. And he completed only 50% of his passes. That doesn't earn more pass attempts. Worse than Joey. Worse than Carr!
50% were completed though! No fumbles, 16 in the last 5 games, 5 sacks today, 18 in the last 5 games so that's 23 total. Made the gameplan look as lame as it is, I've seen more creative play-calling at a square dance. Vinnie is chopped salami and a good D-backs best friend. 42 next month and still growing! Amazing! Joey and Carr are starters, not a 3rd string replacement QB getting his first start who is handed a gameplan that would make a Mormon fall asleep. CM playing Chad "I'm OK Coach" Pennington, 4 dead drops, in the mitts dead drops, and a couple of penalties (300 yards of those before today), and how many sacks did Ray have? Was it 4? BB didn't lose this game, the TEAM lost this game.

ANyone who is gonna bash Bollinger for his performance today is a numbskull. The guy can only do so much with a terrible O-line blocking for him and recievers who drop tons of passes.

This is the NFL how do so many dropped passes occur when you are playing against the only team left on the schedule that we should have a chance of beating.

ANyone who is gonna bash Bollinger for his performance today is a numbskull. The guy can only do so much with a terrible O-line blocking for him and recievers who drop tons of passes.

This is the NFL how do so many dropped passes occur when you are playing against the only team left on the schedule that we should have a chance of beating.

Wow... that sounds like the Harrington/Carr defense... it doesn't work for them, why should it work for Brooks?

Bollinger is not a bonafide QB in the NFL- sorry Jetstone-face reality-saw him at Albany scrimmage and he stunk.

Only thing I will give the guy is courage to play behind third string ofensive line in exhibitions.

Wow... that sounds like the Harrington/Carr defense... it doesn't work for them, why should it work for Brooks?

Carr, Harrington: 1st round picks

Bollinger: 6th round pick, 3rd stringer.

I'm not one to make excuses, but you can't deny Bollinger was put in a HORRIBLE position to succeed, and still performed admirably.

Terrible, no balls play-calling, awful OL, awful running game.

And still, he came out of the fire completing 50 % and not turning it over ONCE.

Pennington would have DEFINITELY managed to throw a pick and fumble once despite dropping back to throw only about 30 times.

Carr, Harrington: 1st round picks

Bollinger: 6th round pick, 3rd stringer.

I'm not one to make excuses, but you can't deny Bollinger was put in a HORRIBLE position to succeed, and still performed admirably.

Terrible, no balls play-calling, awful OL, awful running game.

And still, he came out of the fire completing 50 % and not turning it over ONCE.

Pennington would have DEFINITELY managed to throw a pick and fumble once despite dropping back to throw only about 30 times.

So... it's ok for Brooks to be bad, but not for Harrington, Carr, Ramsey, or whom ever, because they were drafted in the first round, and Brooks was in the sixth round? What a built in excuse. So, it's everyone's fault but his? He only completed 50% of his passes. For the WCO, you need, at least, 62% completed. So, 50% ain't going to cut it.

So... it's ok for Brooks to be bad, but not for Harrington, Carr, Ramsey, or whom ever, because they were drafted in the first round, and Brooks was in the sixth round? What a built in excuse. So, it's everyone's fault but his? He only completed 50% of his passes. For the WCO, you need, at least, 62% completed. So, 50% ain't going to cut it.

Get a clue, man. The Jets could cut Bollinger today and make money on the cap.

The Texans and Lions don't have that luxury with Carr and Harrington.

Brooks never had ANY expectations other than to carry a clipboard on this team. Carr and Harrington were supposed to carry their franchises.

Are you seriously trying to say we should have expected Bollinger to be a savior? :shock:

Brooks never had ANY expectations other than to carry a clipboard on this team. Carr and Harrington were supposed to carry their franchises.

Are you seriously trying to say we should have expected Bollinger to be a savior? :shock:

So... you're all for going easy on him? Just so we're clear.

I dunno... I just have certain expectations for starting QB's, reguardless of where they are drafted. So... perhaps you need the clue.

So... you're all for going easy on him? Just so we're clear.

I dunno...

That's right, Pinkshadow, you dunno....nutin'

We all have expectations of OT's, WR's, HC's etc...etc...yeah...so.

Bollywood did his part. Everyone knows it. Your slanderwood campaign is about as effective as your academic career...a total dropout.

14 completions 28 attempts, 50%.

17 completions (takes into account 3 balls were dropped) 28 attempts, 61%, almost at the magical 62%.

And I am willing to take a guess that the 3 balls were dropped because they were traveling with too much velocity.

No qb in the history of the game could have led his team to victory with a game plan that makes your punter the MVP.

Another point to discuss: Why is Bollinger rolling out to his left on the goal line stance? Is throwing against your body really a wise call, especially for a qb that is asked to execute the no turnover game plan?

Why not? Somebody's gotta do it. Where did you get 62%? The BIG book with all the numbers in it?

That's right, Pinkshadow, you dunno....nutin'

We all have expectations of OT's, WR's, HC's etc...etc...yeah...so.

Bollywood did his part. Everyone knows it. Your slanderwood campaign is about as effective as your academic career...a total dropout.

Yup, he sure did his part... and good edit on my lil part there champ. Slander? No, it's not slander when it's the truth. He's been garbage since his days at Wisconsin. And he's garbage now. 50% speaks for itself.

The 62% number comes from Steve Marriucci. I may be off two percent either way. You need to have a high compeltion percentage in the WCO for it to be effective. If you're only connecting on 50% of your passes, then you're not getting the job done. The WCO isn't like the run and shoot, or what the Colts run, or anything like that. You need to have rhythm, accuracy, and percision. It's all about timing.

Archived