your section in the new house for 2010

joebabyny

Baumer, no offense, but there is a lot of nice facts and info here that makes no real point.

I understand you resolve. However, You can not be serious about parking.

As of this point durring the construction phase parking has been cut into 3 locations:

• Lyndhurst
  • Xanadu
  • Giants Stadium

And the only reason that the parking near the stadium & at Xanadu has been easy is because in order to park there, YOU HAVE TO HAVE A PARKING PERMIT.

You have to come to terms that when the construction is finally finished, our parking set up will change as well.

I don't get what you mean with all of this. You do realize that during construction that giant new building is sitting on what was once a bunch of parking spaces, and that when the new stadium is done the one we are sitting in now will be demolished. What do you think they are going to do with that huge space? Build an evil tailgate food court?

I am sure the indoor lots will continue to be an option and not allow tailgating, but that will fall under the "get there early enough" warning. The Lyndhurst parking is because of the TEMPORARY lack of parking due to construction. Why in the world would someone want to farm off their parking and not be able to collect the full 25.00 from each car? It's practically free money!

They intend to create "Tailgate Zone" Parking along the Western "50 Yardline walk" which extends from the stadium driveway to the end of the former Stadium club parking facility.

This is where they intend to limit LARGE SCALE tailgating to.

The pics you posted look kinda like the lots adjacent to the stadium at landshark, a stadium that easily allows tailgating in a bunch of lots that are not so far from the stadium.

To be quite frank, they have been instructing us since construction began that tailgating has been limited to the EXACT space of your parking space - YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE UP AN ADDITIONAL SPACE.

I don't know how long you have been going to games, but for as long as i can remember that has been the policy at giants stadium, way before they even talked of building a new stadium. Also, this has pretty much been the policy of the 8 or so other nfl stadiums i have been to.

Hell, They've forced a lot of large scale vehicles to move to spaces off of the parking area, just to make room for them.

So, I still can not see where you are coming from on your judgement?

Really? Where did you hear of that, because there is a bunch of rvs and buses parking in 16h and the lots around it, including right up front near the ticket booths, and i know at 5a last year when i was over there it was packed with buses and rvs.

I do thinki there will be some changes, but i do not think tailgating will be banned outright, and i do no think non-psl owners will be banned from tailgating, and i do not think non psl owners will be forced to park off site or miles away (unless they decide to show up 30 minutes before gametime). I do think the jets will offer alternatives to those who do not want to bother with tailgating on their own, and i think these are going to be great, fun, expensive options for some people, but it doesn't mean the sky is falling.

Just a little common sense, if i were selling 2 products, a cheap one i made a little money on and a more expensive one i made a lot of money on, i would be sure to make the customer aware of every limitation of the cheap one to try my hardest to swing them to the more expensive option, especially when the cheap one happens to be free and has a huge line of people wanting it! The fact that the jets have not issued such doom and gloom news shows that things aren't going to be so bad.

This all reminds me of the season ticket holders who had tons of seniority but "just knew" the stadium would be 100% psl and they couldn't afford it so they gave up their seats before hearing the plan, and when it did come out they had egg on their faces because they could have had the free seats.

I don't know how much stock i am putting into this. I was told by my rep that parking will be $25 and I'll have the ability to tailgate. Obviously there isn't much info there, but I would think if they were going to try and squeeze out tailgaters they would be sure to let everyone know who signed up for the free upper bowl.

I just can't see the parking situation being much different than it already is. I know they are going to have a lot of concessions and attractions outside of the stadium, so maybe the lots right up against it won't allow tailgating, but I imagine that really won't make such a big deal. And for anyone thinking they will be dealing with sattelite lots and buses, I think thats crazy, before construction there was always enough parking, and there will be enough after construction. It will be the same as it used to be, as long as you come early enough to not have to deal with indor parking you will get a spot where you can do your thing.

I was told the same thing by my sales rep. he said there wouldn't be any additional restrictions other than the ones that are currently in place and there may be a reduced number of spots for the first few games with additional parking available over at the IZOD Center for people who come late.

This all reminds me of the season ticket holders who had tons of seniority but "just knew" the stadium would be 100% psl and they couldn't afford it so they gave up their seats before hearing the plan, and when it did come out they had egg on their faces because they could have had the free seats.

Free seats? Wow I missed that one, lol.

I know you mean PSL free. Except most of those people don't feel like sitting 700 feet in the air in the uppers. So I am not sure how much egg they have. Plus they haven't had to sit through this years losses at home. I kind of wish I gave up my seats. :-P

Free seats? Wow I missed that one, lol.

I know you mean PSL free. Except most of those people don't feel like sitting 700 feet in the air in the uppers. So I am not sure how much egg they have. Plus they haven't had to sit through this years losses at home. I kind of wish I gave up my seats. :-P

of course i meant the non-psl seats. And yeah nobody wanted to move from their lowers to the uppers, but what can ya do? Those people that moved to the uppers had a nice run at the better seats that I wasn't afforded due to the fact that my father is not a football fan who had season tix to pass to me and when the time came for those people who were lucky enough to be handed down tix and seniority that was not afforded to me a lot of them displaced me in the uppers. What can ya do?

And this talk is about the new parking policies that have NOT been disclosed yet by the jets! Get with it max!

Jets should sell out UD Non-PSL tickets today. Do you think that will help PSL sales or has everyone who wanted a seat in 2010 already have a seat?

Upper Deck is mile high, however the Jets as of 130 pm today, only nine Non-PSL Seats left in stadium. All UD EZ, Three sets of three seats. If you want a non-psl seat today is last chance

Here are the exact seats left for sale.

328 Row 26

324 Row 25

322 Row 25

Jets should sell out UD Non-PSL tickets today. Do you think that will help PSL sales or has everyone who wanted a seat in 2010 already have a seat?

Upper Deck is mile high, however the Jets as of 130 pm today, only nine Non-PSL Seats left in stadium. All UD EZ, Three sets of three seats. If you want a non-psl seat today is last chance

328 Row 26

324 Row 25

322 Row 25

the view is much better on my couch.

Tell Woody thanks for giving me a reason to no longer spend money on the Jets. Next time he should use a little lube before f#cking the fans.

the view is much better on my couch.

Tell Woody thanks for giving me a reason to no longer spend money on the Jets. Next time he should use a little lube before f#cking the fans.

You should get UMass season tickets next year. It's a shorter drive and you will still be frustrated by the results. Its just like having Jets tickets :P

Been in Section 315 Row 9 forvever and taking advantage of being ticket holders since 77' and are moving down to Section 109 Row 2.(between 10 and goal on the Jets side). More than a little bit upset about the clubs being lowered to 195/game since I'm paying $140 with a 10k x 4 seats license. Could have paid 5k license with a $195 ticket and all the free food and club aceess. Don't like the way the Jets are doing this all half-assed. I would have like the option for me and my buddies before we committed. The only saving grace is that if they do raise the tickets back to $400 sooner rather than later, I'd probably have to opt out of those and then scramble for other seats. At least I know I'll be on TV every time the teams are nearing the goal and Rex Ryan will hear my blood curdling screams about when it is appropriate to go for two. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he is incapable of knowing when or when not to use it, I'd rather him never.

Been in Section 315 Row 9 forvever and taking advantage of being ticket holders since 77' and are moving down to Section 109 Row 2.(between 10 and goal on the Jets side). More than a little bit upset about the clubs being lowered to 195/game since I'm paying $140 with a 10k x 4 seats license. Could have paid 5k license with a $195 ticket and all the free food and club aceess. Don't like the way the Jets are doing this all half-assed. I would have like the option for me and my buddies before we committed. The only saving grace is that if they do raise the tickets back to $400 sooner rather than later, I'd probably have to opt out of those and then scramble for other seats. At least I know I'll be on TV every time the teams are nearing the goal and Rex Ryan will hear my blood curdling screams about when it is appropriate to go for two. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he is incapable of knowing when or when not to use it, I'd rather him never.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the club seats. You can bet the ranch that the newly discounted tickets will be back to the original price in about 5 years. Once you have laid out the PSL $, especially on the more expensive seats, the Jets have you by the balls anf you will have to pony up or try to recoup some of the PSL costs on the open market (good luck with that).

You should get UMass season tickets next year. It's a shorter drive and you will still be frustrated by the results. Its just like having Jets tickets :P

I think that is a good idea. Once I find a mod I will have them do that.

GOB was here but it looks like he is no longer a mod. I guess he moved my baseball thread one too many times.

328 Row 26

324 Row 25

322 Row 25

They have been sitting on those seats for a little while now. I don't know how that helps psl sales if they are gone. This week they opened up buying for psl and non psl to the general public.

Well, i know they are trying real hard to sell those corner club seats, i am positive you could easily swap out of your commitment into those if you want. But I think that is foolhardy, first there is no free food, just a nicer place to go buy your food and booze. Secand, and more importantly, there is no way those seats will stay at 195, they are gonna jack those as much as possible as quickly as possible. The thing is, in order for them to justify building those club lounges instead of more revenue generating concessions, they have to have enough extra ticket revenue to make up for the concession loss. When they originally figured it all out, they decided to make those corner seats 280.00 more than regular seats (400-120). So they figure they are assured an extra 280 bucks per game from every one of those fans, which is way more than the average per fan purchase would be in concessions and shopping on gameday, so it made sense to give up some concession space for them. Now with the tix priced at 195, they are looking only at an extra 75 per head, and it would probably be better at that point to have more concession space rather than those club lounges eating up square footage. They are going to try like hell to get back to that original ticket price as soon as possible.

Well I figured once there are zero Non-psl seats maybe people might buy 4k or 5k psl. But someone considering a UD EZ row 25 seat was most likely never going to buy any PSL over 5k anyhow.

One thing that suprises me is the Jets did sell a lot of tickets, maybe 75K out of 82.5k stadium and they have around 12.5 left to sell. But with 27.5K in UD all sold out that means they have 12.5K PSLs to sell after entire season ticket holder base exhausted and waiting list and opening up to general public. Plus they sold the best 70$ of seats in each section. If in a section every seat has same price the last 30% should be worth less as they will have a lower PSL resale and lower resale of tickets on secondary market plus seats are less enjoyable. Row One LL is more enjoyable then Last Row LL but same price. All Jets real fans have picked. What is left is people on the fence, Jets need to do hard selling and/or price reductions. Or simply stay strong not cut PSL prices and just sell as season tickets the remaining ones in 2010.

Well I figured once there are zero Non-psl seats maybe people might buy 4k or 5k psl. But someone considering a UD EZ row 25 seat was most likely never going to buy any PSL over 5k anyhow.

One thing that suprises me is the Jets did sell a lot of tickets, maybe 75K out of 82.5k stadium and they have around 12.5 left to sell. But with 27.5K in UD all sold out that means they have 12.5K PSLs to sell after entire season ticket holder base exhausted and waiting list and opening up to general public. Plus they sold the best 70$ of seats in each section. If in a section every seat has same price the last 30% should be worth less as they will have a lower PSL resale and lower resale of tickets on secondary market plus seats are less enjoyable. Row One LL is more enjoyable then Last Row LL but same price. All Jets real fans have picked. What is left is people on the fence, Jets need to do hard selling and/or price reductions. Or simply stay strong not cut PSL prices and just sell as season tickets the remaining ones in 2010.

Unless I am reading it wrong, are you really trying to insinuate that any fan that can't afford season tickets or refuses to pay a PSL based on principle is not a "real" fan? Just because you own season tickets doesnt make you a bigger fan than anyone else.

Unless I am reading it wrong, are you really trying to insinuate that any fan that can't afford season tickets or refuses to pay a PSL based on principle is not a "real" fan?

correct.... Thats what Woody Johnson believes.

If you arent willing to fork over mucho buckos to Woody then he doesnt give a sh!t about you. Woody doesnt care if you boo or not, just as long as you hand over your hard earned money to watch his perennially mediocre tax writeoff.

202 row 8 4 seats

we had seniority to 1980 and best uppers in prime (between the 30's) was 16th row. after reading that row 5 in the new stadium is equal to last row in old stadium thank goodness we opted for mezz seats. I have been in too many stadiums where upper deck seats are WAY TOO FAR from the field. Meadowlands uppers were the best around. Been to Raymond James,landshark,and new orleans and the sh*thole in NE the uppers suck. Not only are you higher you are set back further from the field than The Meadowlands.

The uppers in Gillette are actually pretty good, I know from first hand experience. The only problem that stadium has is no escalators.

It looks like Gillette is unfinished. Don't like it at all. I broke a chair when I was there for the Lax final four 2 years ago. Take that Kraft.

The Uppers in this new stadium were based on Denver's replacement for MILE HIGH STADIUM, Invesco Field.

The last Jets @ Broncos game, Foxjet, his Uncle & I were at that game in the uppers - Section 324 Row 25. They were possibly the best Upper deck seats I have ever been in.

• No obstructive views
    • You could see both endzones & sidelines

[*]The view from the field was a "Little" farther than Giants Stadium but you could see the player's numbers without the use of binoculars

Overall, Being in Section 320 next year - Not so much a bad thing, it's a better deal.

*Off Topic:

The point about Gillette not having escalators has to do with a problem between Shindler Elevator & the Patriots.

Shindler had promised to complete construction of the Escalators by the 1st game in the new stadium. Since they could not meet the deadline, Kraft refused to pay for the installation & extended contract.

Shindler has been in litigation ever since...

Archived