Sorry Dolphags, Ronnie Brown placed on IR

jaspegs

Weird thing is how does this matter to us? They already whipped us twice. So Jet fans are not only classless, kinda dumb too. Sweet.

yup-means absolutely nothing Crush...and you're right-they're better than us in 2009 whether we win a game or two more than them...

Thanks to you guys that have offered some form of condolences. You're missing Leon Washington, so you can probably relate to some extent.

It's a huge blow, but Ricky Williams has been averaging 5.1 YPC and has less than 2000 career carries, less than a number of backs, including Thomas Jones.

I'm not suggesting Ricky Williams will suddenly turn back the clock, but he can at least be serviceable for the next 7 games.

Still it sucks, and this will do nothing to silence the Ronnie haters.

Thanks to you guys that have offered some form of condolences. You're missing Leon Washington, so you can probably relate to some extent.

It's a huge blow, but Ricky Williams has been averaging 5.1 YPC and has less than 2000 career carries, less than a number of backs, including Thomas Jones.

I'm not suggesting Ricky Williams will suddenly turn back the clock, but he can at least be serviceable for the next 7 games.

hey you guys have had a tough year Odin, first you lose your starting QB and are forced to start a rookie and now this-it sucks doesn't it bro? With all this you're still a pretty tough team this year.

yup-means absolutely nothing Crush...and you're right-they're better than us in 2009 whether we win a game or two more than them...

Not sure about that. If we win more games just means they beat us. I think we should take the season as a whole piece of work before we start with the better. You know?

Actually dude Im sorry to see that. Never wish injury on a player, ok maybe once on Tom Brady but it was a moment of weakness. Yeah man, we are missing both Leon and Jenkins. Hope Ronnie makes a full recovery and we sweep you next year.

Not sure about that. If we win more games just means they beat us. I think we should take the season as a whole piece of work before we start with the better. You know?

well they're ahead of us in the standings right now but hey, we can still rip off 7 in a row....

forgive me if i don't feel bad for the dolphags at all. that said...ricky shoudl be ok this year.....but having him carry the full load for the rest of the year might really take it's toll come next year. he's gonna be pretty old in RB years and ronnie is comin close to 30 and has had alot of injuries....you guys might very well be looking at a RB in the draft. which sucks for you because you guys have alot of needs....RB was actually a strength...but now it's not looking that way. still...can't say i feel bad for you.

hey you guys have had a tough year Odin, first you lose your starting QB and are forced to start a rookie and now this-it sucks doesn't it bro? With all this you're still a pretty tough team this year.

Well, we're a hard-nosed (cliche I know) team ... Factor in the fact that we don't have a WR or TE and our only playmakers on offense are Ricky and Henne.

Actually dude Im sorry to see that. Never wish injury on a player, ok maybe once on Tom Brady but it was a moment of weakness. Yeah man, we are missing both Leon and Jenkins. Hope Ronnie makes a full recovery and we sweep you next year.

Thanks man. I feel the same way about Brady. :) I don't know what this means for Brown, long-term. We're likely uncapped in 2010, making him a free agent this year. Not sure what that holds for his future as a Dolphin.

forgive me if i don't feel bad for the dolphags at all. that said...ricky shoudl be ok this year.....but having him carry the full load for the rest of the year might really take it's toll come next year. he's gonna be pretty old in RB years and ronnie is comin close to 30 and has had alot of injuries....you guys might very well be looking at a RB in the draft. which sucks for you because you guys have alot of needs....RB was actually a strength...but now it's not looking that way. still...can't say i feel bad for you.

I'm not sold on the whole 30 year old thing, as it pertains to RBs. I agree with you on Brown, I'm more concerned he's ended 2 of the last 3 years on IR.

Williams, though, has a lot of tread left on his tires. If you look at the numbers he actually has less career carries than a lot of good backs out there, Thomas Jones, LT, Portis, etc. I actually look at career carries when assessing running backs, and it looks like 2500 is the magic number ... Williams had less than 2000 coming into this season. He's also been relatively healthy outside of an ankle injury as a rookie and a torn pec 2 years ago ... it was all of that other "stuff" that got in the way.

Man, the Miami Dolphins are depending on Ricky Williams from here on out. Wow. Feels like I'm back in 2003 again.

that's ok...according to them they have a guy named lex hilliard who's gonna light sh*t up with his bruising, powerful running style.

Lex Hilliard is a power runner with no top-end speed and absolutely no ability to change directions. He's a straight ahead power runner. He'll average 3.0 YPC for the rest of the season, if we're lucky.

I'm not sold on the whole 30 year old thing, as it pertains to RBs. I agree with you on Brown, I'm more concerned he's ended 2 of the last 3 years on IR.

Williams, though, has a lot of tread left on his tires. If you look at the numbers he actually has less career carries than a lot of good backs out there, Thomas Jones, LT, Portis, etc. I actually look at career carries when assessing running backs, and it looks like 2500 is the magic number ... Williams had less than 2000 coming into this season. He's also been relatively healthy outside of an ankle injury as a rookie and a torn pec 2 years ago ... it was all of that other "stuff" that got in the way.

Man, the Miami Dolphins are depending on Ricky Williams from here on out. Wow. Feels like I'm back in 2003 again.

i wasn't either....but it holds true alot fo the time. sure...career carries are something to look at.....but ricky is gonna be 33 or 34 9can't remember) either way the legs just slow down.......getting older sucks.

i wasn't either....but it holds true alot fo the time. sure...career carries are something to look at.....but ricky is gonna be 33 or 34 9can't remember) either way the legs just slow down.......getting older sucks.

He'll be 33. When you look at running backs with at least 8000 yards rushing (like Williams) the only 2 players with less carries at his age are Garrison Hearst and Priest Holmes. Both of those circumstances were due to major injuries. In Hearst's case he essentially fractured his ankle and never really recovered, similarly Holmes had a nasty spinal injury and couldn't come back.

In other words Williams has less career carries at this point than a number of similar players at the point in time (or the same age) ... I'm not suggesting he's anything more than a fill-in for this season but I do think we'll be okay - not great mind you - for the remainder of the year.

He'll be 33. When you look at running backs with at least 8000 yards rushing (like Williams) the only 2 players with less carries at his age are Garrison Hearst and Priest Holmes. Both of those circumstances were due to major injuries. In Hearst's case he essentially fractured his ankle and never really recovered, similarly Holmes had a nasty spinal injury and couldn't come back.

In other words Williams has less career carries at this point than a number of similar players at the point in time (or the same age) ... I'm not suggesting he's anything more than a fill-in for this season but I do think we'll be okay - not great mind you - for the remainder of the year.

oh i don't doubt he'll do a good job this year....it's next year i'm thinking about...and the future of the afc east. i'm hoping ricky and ronnie are not nearly as effective next year.

Archived