Phins V. Panthers Game thread

Vudu

I don't need creative names or jokes. You're a guy who's out of the country logging in to a Jets Message board on a game that doesn't involve the Jets. Your life is my punchline.

Who cares...we are all football fans posting on a football message board. Jets/NFL talk it says.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't need creative names or jokes. You're a guy who's out of the country logging in to a Jets Message board on a game that doesn't involve the Jets. Your life is my punchline.

I can smell the frustration. Awesome. I'm going to try to stay on all night. Does this mean that I have no life and nothing better to do? Tell me!!

I can smell the frustration. Awesome. I'm going to try to stay on all night. Does this mean that I have no life and nothing better to do? Tell me!!

Of course it's frustrating to be a jet fan but that doesn't mean you have any right to talk crap. Your team is garbage too. We'll just have a better draft pick this year.

Miami is a better team than the Jets at this point. They will finish 2nd in the division.

Yeah, but so what?

They're not contenders this year, nor are we. Fact is, the Jets are playing bad football, they're making a ton of mistakes and taking bad penalties. And they're losing, but they've had a shot at the end of most games, in spite of all that.

On the other hand, the Dolphin's are pretty much playing their best football, and barely winning. Now, that's great for their record, and their gnat-like fans, but it really means nothing when it comes to a championship, something the team they're fielding is nowhere near.

Point is, of course we'd rather be winning close than losing close, but I'll take our team over there's without thinking twice. If our team eliminates the mistakes, and Sanchez progresses, we can compete with anyone. If their team has 2 or 3 good drafts, maybe they can compete too.

It sucks that we've been losing, but really, it doesn't matter.

Of course it's frustrating to be a jet fan but that doesn't mean you have any right to talk crap. Your team is garbage too. We'll just have a better draft pick this year.

I never came in an talked crap first. Ever. This guy loves taking shots at fans of any other team. Just because. I think it's funny. But my life is his punchline. So he wins :D

Dude, I'm not frustrated at all. The Dolphins beating Carolina means nothing to me.

And yes, that's exactly what it means.

Who cares...we are all football fans posting on a football message board. Jets/NFL talk it says.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. I just find it hilarious that I know he sat there watching this game hoping the Dolphins would win in large part so he could log onto a Jets message board and brag about it.

It's not that I win, as he says. It's that he loses.

Yeah, but so what?

They're not contenders this year, nor are we. Fact is, the Jets are playing bad football, they're making a ton of mistakes and taking bad penalties. And they're losing, but they've had a shot at the end of most games, in spite of all that.

On the other hand, the Dolphin's are pretty much playing their best football, and barely winning. Now, that's great for their record, and their gnat-like fans, but it really means nothing when it comes to a championship, something the team they're fielding is nowhere near.

Point is, of course we'd rather be winning close than losing close, but I'll take our team over there's without thinking twice. If our team eliminates the mistakes, and Sanchez progresses, we can compete with anyone. If their team has 2 or 3 good drafts, maybe they can compete too.

It sucks that we've been losing, but really, it doesn't matter.

I'd rather be the fan of a team with no talent that finds ways to win games than a fan of a team with a lot of talent that spits the bit every week against teams they are better than.

I'd rather be the fan of a team with no talent that finds ways to win games than a fan of a team with a lot of talent that spits the bit every week against teams they are better than.

Then find another team, because right now, that's not us.

Or, like any smart Jets fan, realize that this season is about 1 player. Mark Sanchez.

You must have loved the Chad Pennington Era. Good enough to beat not so great teams, never good enough to win anything.

This Jets team has the potential to do more. Think about what our record would be if Mark Sanchez played above average football in every game? He's a rookie... If he becomes a good player, we will win, a lot. Sorry it wasn't in his rookie year... That's life.

Or, like any smart Jets fan, realize that this season is about 1 player. Mark Sanchez.

You must have loved the Chad Pennington Era. Good enough to beat not so great teams, never good enough to win anything.

This Jets team has the potential to do more. Think about what our record would be if Mark Sanchez played above average football in every game? He's a rookie... If he becomes a good player, we will win, a lot. Sorry it wasn't in his rookie year... That's life.

It's NOT just about Sanchez. If it was just Sanchez this team wouldn't be the joke it is right now. Thats why you can't write the season off as a wasted year with a rookie. It's nowhere near that simple. Even when Sanchez plays well they find new and creative ways to piss games away.

It's NOT just about Sanchez. If it was just Sanchez this team wouldn't be the joke it is right now. Thats why you can't write the season off as a wasted year with a rookie. It's nowhere near that simple. Even when Sanchez plays well they find new and creative ways to piss games away.

Look at our losses:

New Orleans - Do I really need to explain?

Miami 1 - Sanchez throws 1 TD, and no INTs. He throws for only 172 yards. This is an 'ok for a rookie' type game. He didn't cost us the game, but he didn't win it. A good game, and we win, in spite of the D.

Buffalo - Do I really need to explain?

Miami 2 - Sanchez plays well enough to win, but only shows up in the 2nd half. A complete game and we win easy. Another loss that is not his fault, but a good game and we still win.

Jax - Throws a pick on the first play of the game. Misses Jones for an easy TD on a short screen. Misses wide open Braylon Edwards. Throws another INT. He has a tendency to come alive at the end of the games, and made his performance look better than it was. Unfortunately, it was too little too late. We didn't lose because of him, per say, but again, if he plays a good game, we win easy, regardless of the D's trouble with MJD.

This season is all about Sanchez.

Look at our losses:

New Orleans - Do I really need to explain?

Miami 1 - Sanchez throws 1 TD, and no INTs. He throws for only 172 yards. This is an 'ok for a rookie' type game. He didn't cost us the game, but he didn't win it. A good game, and we win, in spite of the D.

Buffalo - Do I really need to explain?

Miami 2 - Sanchez plays well enough to win, but only shows up in the 2nd half. A complete game and we win easy. Another loss that is not his fault, but a good game and we still win.

Jax - Throws a pick on the first play of the game. Misses Jones for an easy TD on a short screen. Misses wide open Braylon Edwards. Throws another INT. He has a tendency to come alive at the end of the games, and made his performance look better than it was. Unfortunately, it was too little too late. We didn't lose because of him, per say, but again, if he plays a good game, we win easy, regardless of the D's trouble with MJD.

This season is all about Sanchez.

He lost the NO and Buffalo games himself. He played more then well enough to win the other 3 and they pissed them away with various same old Jets garbage. Ginn and ****ty defense for the most part. You are talking like he's Peyton Manning. There are other players on the team besides the QB. How about this "great" D getting a friggin big stop to win a game? How about tackling a mediocre kickoff returner on ST? How about making a play on D? Those have nothing to do with him.

He lost the NO and Buffalo games himself. He played more then well enough to win the other 3 and they pissed them away with various same old Jets garbage. Ginn and ****ty defense for the most part.

I knew you would say that, and it proves you're missing the point completely.

Those performances can win you games, but, a good performance would have won them. This is the Chad argument all over again. "Oh, well Chad played well enough to win, if not for blah blah blah". Guess what, "blah blah blah" happens, and if the QB played a GOOD GAME as opposed to 'well enough to win', it would have negated "blah blah blah" and we'd be playoff contenders.

I knew you would say that, and it proves you're missing the point completely.

Those performances can win you games, but, a good performance would have won them. This is the Chad argument all over again. "Oh, well Chad played well enough to win, if not for blah blah blah". Guess what, "blah blah blah" happens, and if the QB played a GOOD GAME as opposed to 'well enough to win', it would have negated "blah blah blah" and we'd be playoff contenders.

They had the lead in the 4th quarter of every one of those games and the defense let bad offenses score on them to win games. Blaming that on Sanchez is dumb. He's held up his end much more than the rest of the team has. The Jets defense is a myth,

They had the lead in the 4th quarter of every one of those games and the defense let bad offenses score on them to win games. Blaming that on Sanchez is dumb.

I'm not 'blaming it on Sanchez'. You're constantly focusing on the bad thing that happened that was the nail in the coffin for the game. I offer that if Sanchez played 60 minutes of football, those little things wouldn't have mattered. Once again, Chad Pennington... He does nothing all game against the Steelers in 04, throws a pick six, so the offense actually nets -3, but the game is all Doug Brien's fault.

Sanchez played great in a lot of 4th Quarters, and it's made the games close. But, had he played well all game, they wouldn't have been, and we'd be 7-2, at worst.

The point is, if Sanchez improves, even to a middle of the road QB (he's currently at the bottom of the pack) then we'd be a much better team. Not a perfect one, but in the mix. Unlike you, I do not think this team is a joke. I think this team is waiting on the QB to come into his own, making some mistakes along the way, but if the former happens... Watch out.

I'm not 'blaming it on Sanchez'. You're constantly focusing on the bad thing that happened that was the nail in the coffin for the game. I offer that if Sanchez played 60 minutes of football, those little things wouldn't have mattered. Once again, Chad Pennington... He does nothing all game against the Steelers in 04, throws a pick six, so the offense actually nets -3, but the game is all Doug Brien's fault.

Sanchez played great in a lot of 4th Quarters, and it's made the games close. But, had he played well all game, they wouldn't have been, and we'd be 7-2, at worst.

The point is, if Sanchez improves, even to a middle of the road QB (he's currently at the bottom of the pack) then we'd be a much better team. Not a perfect one, but in the mix. Unlike you, I do not think this team is a joke. I think this team is waiting on the QB to come into his own, making some mistakes along the way, but if the former happens... Watch out.

You lose to the Dolfins Jaguars and Bills at home you're a joke. Period...

I like how everyone forgets that this was supposed to be a team that won with defense and just needed it's rookie QB to manage games. Now you're bitching that Sanchez didn't win games himself when the D spit the bit.

I'm not sticking up for Delhomme in this game but Henne has sucked the big one.

Delhomme just sucked it big time with that INT!

henne played well. you just sound like a scared little bitch. you're gay team is going to lose to us, and then the saints and you know it. you're afraid henne and the fishfruits are gonna be the final kick in your ass all the way down the afc east pole.

You lose to the Dolfins Jaguars and Bills at home you're a joke. Period...

I like how everyone forgets that this was supposed to be a team that won with defense and just needed it's rookie QB to manage games. Now you're bitching that Sanchez didn't win games himself when the D spit the bit.

Sorry you feel that way... maybe you should turn the TV off.

You're expecting the D to be more than it is. If you thought we had the 2001 Ravens Defense, you're were overshooting. I remember that we lost our most important player... Do you? I also remember that we have absolutely no #2 CB... Do you? This team needs offense as well. Even with all that, the D has had 2 rough games this year.

Bottom line, if the Jets had Brett Favre this year, and everything else was equal, they'd be 7-2 at worst.

You're expecting the D to be more than it is. If you thought we had the 2001 Ravens Defense, you're were overshooting. I remember that we lost our most important player... Do you? I also remember that we have absolutely no #2 CB... Do you? This team needs offense as well. Even with all that, the D has had 2 rough games this year.

Bottom line, if the Jets had Brett Favre this year, and everything else was equal, they'd be 7-2 at worst.

please dont go there.

As to your earlier edit, saying 'I'm talking like he's Peyton Manning'... Bull crap.

You just talked about us needing a game manager. Well, Sanchez is 27th in passer rating, 29th in completion percentage, 24th in Yards Per Game, 21st in TDs, and tied for 3rd in INTs.

Those are not successful game manager numbers.

Hell, I said Favre before... If we had Kyle Orton, we'd probably be 7-2.

As to your earlier edit, saying 'I'm talking like he's Peyton Manning'... Bull crap.

You just talked about us needing a game manager. Well, Sanchez is 27th in passer rating, 29th in completion percentage, 24th in Yards Per Game, 21st in TDs, and tied for 3rd in INTs.

You yourself said he played well enough to win 3 of the 5 losses and now you're gonna go to the numbers which are skewed by 2 awful games?

The jets lost to miami and were losing to the bills WITH jenkins. That excuse sucks.

I think all of us Dolphin haters who also hate Pennington should give the noodle arm a round of applause. Without the "egg back there" leading the phins to 0-3, we'd be looking at both the Dolphins and the Pats making the playoffs this season

You yourself said he played well enough to win 3 of the 5 losses and now you're gonna go to the numbers which are skewed by 2 awful games?

He hasn't been even been average by pro standards. Add the "for a rookie" caveat then were fine.

Look at MN vs NYJ (for the Favre haters). The jets have a better defense and suprisingly have had a more effective running game, yet 1 team has been wildly succesful, while the other just sucks

I don't understand where the future is so bright. Sanchez looks okay and Braylon will be a nice player for you, but the offensive line is old, your tailback is old, your defensive front is old, shallow, and not that good, your safeties leave a lot to be desired, and your coach is a complete bafoon.

The hindsight is interesting to think about and I actually agree about the Orton and Sanchez comment. Well, maybe not 7-2, possibly 6-3, but a lot of teams are one player away from that record (for instance, the Dolphins are Anquan Boldin, Brandon Marshal or even Braylon Edwards away from 6-3.)

What do you think the Jets would be with Jay Cutler?

The hindsight is interesting to think about and I actually agree about the Orton and Sanchez comment. Well, maybe not 7-2, possibly 6-3, but a lot of teams are one player away from that record (for instance, the Dolphins are Anquan Boldin, Brandon Marshal or even Braylon Edwards away from 6-3.)

What do you think the Jets would be with Jay Cutler?

If your goal was to troll, you did well here. This is one is likely to cause a brawl...

It's really tough to say, the rest of our team is much better then the Bears surroundign team, so I'd want to think that Cutler would be playing better, but who knows for sure. I think it's clear we'd more the ball more and score more points, so an improvement is highly likely. Maybe CUtler throws away a game though like Sanchez has 2x. I'd say 6-3. 7-2 with Orton and potentially 8-1,9-0 with Favre playing the way he's been playing... (still waiting for that dude to collapse)

I don't understand where the future is so bright. Sanchez looks okay and Braylon will be a nice player for you, but the offensive line is old, your tailback is old, your defensive front is old, shallow, and not that good, your safeties leave a lot to be desired, and your coach is a complete bafoon.

Talk about twisting the facts and ignoring any positives to fit your argument (love how you ignore Revis, but mention the safeties that was a nice touch right there).

1) Offensive lineman have been known to continue to play at a high level into their late 30s before they start to decline. If the line doesn't play well, it will not be because of age.

2) Jones is old, but I would argue the exact same thing about both Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown. We have Shonn Greene to take the reigns in the future, who do you have.

3) Defensive line is the only part I agree with you on.

4) Time will tell on Ryan (something tells me that you'd be saying he was a buffoon even if the Jets were 8-1).

Would love to hear how Miami's future is bright though. Henne looks decent, but the running backs are old and what isn't old on the defense (Taylor, Porter, etc) is simply not that good.

Because there is a difference between 'playing well enough to win' and 'playing well'.

The latter meaning, 'playing well' :eek: and the former meaning, 'not sucking'.

that's because you're clueless. our offensive line is not old. there are 2 older players on it. we have a runningback waiting to take the reigns and he has already looked good in hius limited action. we have young, good receivers, young good tight end, good lionbackers, best corner is the league, our safeties are decent....they may not be big time play makers.......but you can't have probowlers at every position. if sanchez becomes whate he has the potential to become then we will have a good team for a long time. besides...look a your team, old or injury prone runningbacks, crap ilb'ers, old olb'ers, need a NT, need safeties also, no receivers, no tight end......if i were you i'd stick to worrying about your teams deficiencies.

Archived