Big Ben, is he a HOFer?

Jets Babe

If his career were to end today, is Big Ben a HOFer?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If his career were to end today, is Big Ben a HOFer?

• Yes.
    • No way.

Way too early to ask this question. Although Super Bowl victories merit high praise amongst the HOF voting community, statistic and individual success also play a large part.

If Roethilsberger has 6-8 solid more seasons he has a great shot, but he's not there yet.

The more intruiging one for me is Drew Brees. If he continues his career path and wins a Super Bowl or two you'll have a guy who was relatively obscure his first few years who went on an absolute tear the next few.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Way too early to ask this question. Although Super Bowl victories merit high praise amongst the HOF voting community, statistic and individual success also play a large part.

If Roethilsberger has 6-8 solid more seasons he has a great shot, but he's not there yet.

The more intruiging one for me is Drew Brees. If he continues his career path and wins a Super Bowl or two you'll have a guy who was relatively obscure his first few years who went on an absolute tear the next few.

Brees has played two more seasons than Ben but has put up much better numbers. Brees has also played on teams that have defenses that don't come close to what the Steelers have.

Brees (2002-Present): 29,753 yards - 195TD - 108INT - 91.4 QB rating

Ben (2004-Present): 17,841 yards - 118TD - 79INT - 90.8 QB rating

Brees has thrown 77 more TDs, 19 more INTs and 11,142 more yards in two more seasons.

Brees has played two more seasons than Ben but has put up much better numbers. Brees has also played on teams that have defenses that don't come close to what the Steelers have.

Brees (2002-Present): 29,753 yards - 195TD - 108INT - 91.4 QB rating

Ben (2004-Present): 17,841 yards - 118TD - 79INT - 90.8 QB rating

Brees has thrown 77 more TDs, 19 more INTs and 11,142 more yards in two more seasons.

parcells signed cullpepper over Brees right?

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

parcells signed cullpepper over Brees right?

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ummmmmmmmm No.

That was Saban, and he was going off the advice given to him by the medical training staff. Basically Brees was his first choice, but the doctors told him Culpepper had a better chance at recovering than Brees.

Ummmmmmmmm No.

That was Saban, and he was going off the advice given to him by the medical training staff. Basically Brees was his first choice, but the doctors told him Culpepper had a better chance at recovering than Brees.

My bad, Nick helped us out.......Nice!!!!!!!!!!!:D

My bad, Nick helped us out.......Nice!!!!!!!!!!!:D

In a weird way, I'm actually glad he didn't take Brees. If he had, he'd (Saban) probably still be here and we'd be mired in mediocrity for years to come. At least with Parcells/Ireland/Sparano things are on the way up. I can't say Saban and Randy Mueller could do the same.

Archived