Jimmy Clauson has declared for the NFL draft

Blackout

There isn't a stand out NFL Quarterback prospect in this draft. If anyone takes a QB in the 1st round, they'll probably be more than disappointed. Unless of course that kid from Washington comes out, but I think he's going to stay in school to learn under Sarkisian(spelling?) for another year in a Pro Style Offense.

Jimmy The Ostrich as an NFL starting QB? Just don't see it.

There isn't a stand out NFL Quarterback prospect in this draft. If anyone takes a QB in the 1st round, they'll probably be more than disappointed. Unless of course that kid from Washington comes out, but I think he's going to stay in school to learn under Sarkisian(spelling?) for another year in a Pro Style Offense.

Jimmy The Ostrich as an NFL starting QB? Just don't see it.

How someone can pass over names like Bradford, Pike and McCoy then call Locker the most pro-ready QB in the draft completely baffles me.

As the only person here that can say he has seen Locker play 20+ games, I have no idea where all this hype comes from.

Every person I talk to in the Northwest about Locker agrees with this. I wonder when the rest of the country will catch on. I wouldn't take him in the first 3 rounds.

The reason he is a big name right now is because he has a Big Ben type of appeal to him. Big kid, strong, a true athlete that is mobile. BUT because of all those things his decision making is piss-poor. He can make all the throws but I've seen him make REALLY REALLY ugly decisions on the run. Like, WTF are you thinking type of decisions.

I think to be honest it's going to be those combine #'s that people will be hard up on.

At this point he's nothing more then a true PROJECT, one more year under center in a pro-style offense is only going to bring his stock up especially if UW's coach teaches him to pass from the pocket more. If he leaves it's probably because his agent thinks he'll get more money this year.

The reason he is a big name right now is because he has a Big Ben type of appeal to him. Big kid, strong, a true athlete that is mobile. BUT because of all those things his decision making is piss-poor. He can make all the throws but I've seen him make REALLY REALLY ugly decisions on the run. Like, WTF are you thinking type of decisions.

At this point he's nothing more then a true PROJECT, one more year under center in a pro-style offense is only going to bring his stock up especially if UW's coach teaches him to pass from the pocket more. If he leaves it's probably because his agent thinks he'll get more money this year.

Two years under his belt with a Pro Style Offense can only help his cause. If he leaves, he's stupid, but he'll still be drafted in the first round. You can't teach the size, speed and arm strength that this kid has.

People were calling my boy Josh Freeman a "project" and a guy who couldn't start until 2 years or more down the road in the NFL. Ha. How's that working out for them? Take out his 5 INT game yesterday, he's doing quite well. Oh, and Stafford and Sanchez and Freeman now all have one 5 INT game.

He's more Pro Style oriented even with 1 year under his belt than McCoy, Bradford or Pike, all like Tebow, great College players but once they hit the NFL they'll see nothing more than the sidelines.

I would agre that if he comes out, he's a moron. Then again, chasing a 6 figure signing bonus is never a dumb idea.

But you mention all the throws, I agree that he COULD make them, but I haven't seen him do it. Not only does he make those bone-headed decisions, but I've never seen anyone sail more passes. I'm a UW fan, it's my favorite college football team. Last year I was happy when Locker went out and Ronnie Fouch came in. Obviously, it was a bad thing as Fouch is NCAA's version of Ray Lucas, but I was just glad Locker was coming out.

He'd be better off casting his luck as a safety at the next level.

Two years under his belt with a Pro Style Offense can only help his cause. If he leaves, he's stupid, but he'll still be drafted in the first round. You can't teach the size, speed and arm strength that this kid has.

People were calling my boy Josh Freeman a "project" and a guy who couldn't start until 2 years or more down the road in the NFL. Ha. How's that working out for them? Take out his 5 INT game yesterday, he's doing quite well. Oh, and Stafford and Sanchez and Freeman now all have one 5 INT game.

He's more Pro Style oriented even with 1 year under his belt than McCoy, Bradford or Pike, all like Tebow, great College players but once they hit the NFL they'll see nothing more than the sidelines.

If I played in a pro style offense would that make me suited to get picked in the first round? I want a kid that learned how to win games, take care of the football, and rally his team when they needed him most. Locker doesn't do this. McCoy, Bradford and Pike all do.

Tony Pike will be the best QB in this draft class.

I would agre that if he comes out, he's a moron. Then again, chasing a 6 figure signing bonus is never a dumb idea.

But you mention all the throws, I agree that he COULD make them, but I haven't seen him do it. Not only does he make those bone-headed decisions, but I've never seen anyone sail more passes. I'm a UW fan, it's my favorite college football team. Last year I was happy when Locker went out and Ronnie Fouch came in. Obviously, it was a bad thing as Fouch is NCAA's version of Ray Lucas, but I was just glad Locker was coming out.

He'd be better off casting his luck as a safety at the next level.

Which is why, from the probably 8-9 games I've seen of Locker, I think he's not really going to pan out the way some people hope. You guys should draft him for the wildcat :P

Which is why, from the probably 8-9 games I've seen of Locker, I think he's not really going to pan out the way some people hope. You guys should draft him for the wildcat :P

Nah, they'll take the Virgin Mary this year.

All 3 are rookies, all rookies have downright UGLY games and games that make you hope and believe. For all the **** Sanchez has taken I'm still ok with the way he's doing considering how INEXPERIENCED he is. That's why I'm praying for a nice finish to the season and a good off-season program for him.

Like you mentioned I think Locker's physical attributes will have everyone drooling over him. Especially if he decides to enter the draft and does the combine people will be hard up over him. I'll say this much, I know nothing of QB's much outside of the Pac-10 and I actually like Oregon state's QB Sean Canfield as a possible sleeper type of pick. They run a pro-style offense and he has improved dramatically throughout the course of the year.

Can you imagine Tebow on the Saints? Him and Brees? All the Jesus-ness on a team named the Saints.

I think there would be more Jesus-ness on the Cardinals with him and Warner.

Oy.

Whoever Tebow goes to is going to be my 4th most hated team after Miami, New England, and the Giants.

He will easily become my most hated NFL player.

How do you make comments like this and expect to be taken seriously?

How do you make comments like this and expect to be taken seriously?

Give me a break, your shtick is tired and ****ing old.

Compared to Sanchez/Stafford, he's doing very well, 5 INT or no 5 INT game. I don't see him going out there with 4 and 5 turnover games every 2 or 3 weeks like the guy under center for our team. Factor in the talent Freeman has compared to Sanchez, and ha, it isn't even close.

I think Josh know's how to slide, too.

Compared to Sanchez/Stafford, he's doing very well, 5 INT or no 5 INT game. I don't see him going out there with 4 and 5 turnover games every 2 or 3 weeks like the guy under center for our team. Factor in the talent Freeman has compared to Sanchez, and ha, it isn't even close.

At the same time Josh has played in less games and is practically throwing picks at the same rate that Mark is.

I agree that Josh has more "physical" tools then Mark, but it's too early to determine who is better at this point. We'll see how the rest of the season pans out and we'll get to see them head to head this weekend.

At the same time Josh has played in less games and is practically throwing picks at the same rate that Mark is.

I agree that Josh has more "physical" tools then Mark, but it's too early to determine who is better at this point. We'll see how the rest of the season pans out and we'll get to see them head to head this weekend.

We're stuck with Mark, so, I hope he does better than Josh not only this weekend but for his entire career, but, I'm still a Freeman guy and believe his future is much brighter.

I never liked Clausen, I started hating him when i saw a Highschool game and he was trash then just he had a 5 star runningback and a 5 star Wide receiver.

Clausen was throwing to the 2 best WRs in CFB. It Baffles me that hes a Heisman hopeful and a 1st round quaterback.

I thought Nate Davis was the ONLY QB worth taking in this past draft?

Archived