Jets | Martin Plays Through Sore Leg

Smizzy

Jets | Martin Plays Through Sore Leg

Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:24:39 -0700

The Associated Press reports New York Jets RB Curtis Martin (leg) was hampered by a sore leg throughout the second half of the Week 2 game, but continued to play.

:roll:

Cumar is not "done". He can still play. He'd be excellent in a reduced role with a 30-40% let-off going to change-of-pace backs. Problem with the running game is a lousy line (lighter with A. Jones in place of Kareem) and no A. Becht. And no passing attack. And no threat at QB going deep. Or intermediate. Or even completing a shovel-pass at this point. Barry Sanders couldn't gain a hundred with Tom Rathman lead-blocking given those circumstances. Thing is, with every variable working against our running game, WTF is Herm doing letting an INJURED back handle 90% of the carries?

Blaylock looked real good yesterday behind that O-Line too didn't he?

face it, Martin is the least of our problems, recievers dropping balls, penalties at the absolute wrong times, a HC calling running plays on 3rd & long when you are 10 points down in the 4th quarter,even the DC screwed up by not getting the call in quick enough on the 4th & inches...

no people, vent all you want but there is much more wrong here then any one thing....and the bad part is I don't see a solution in sight.........

Really fair to judge a guy by 2 carries.Don't know which is more scaredy-cat-giving Bollinger 4 passes in the 1st half or Blaylock 2 carries all game. Either way, the idea that handing the ball to Martin over and over and running him into the line had to be the dumbest game plan in NFL history.

Our offensive line is a big disappointment- we can not move any team off the line of scrimmage

martin running off tackle at age 32 is not going to work-the conservative play calling in yesterday's game and I was only able to watch the first half was almost as bad as the play of the offensive line

Really fair to judge a guy by 2 carries.Don't know which is more scaredy-cat-giving Bollinger 4 passes in the 1st half or Blaylock 2 carries all game. Either way, the idea that handing the ball to Martin over and over and running him into the line had to be the dumbest game plan in NFL history.

I agree with you, but my point is no-one, not even the almighty Lamont, could run behind that O-Line when the defense knows youre not going to pass

Archived