Those who want to blame Dinger for the conservative playcall

Boozer76

Here's something interesting for you all to chew on. Last year Dinger had his QB throw the ball over 30 times in 12 of 16 total games. Of those 12 the QB threw is over 40 times in 7 games. 2 of the the QB threw over 50 times, and 2 games the QB threw it over 60 times

Do not for one second think that this man is even close to being a "conservative" OC. He used to be in Fisher's doghouse because he wanted to pass more often, while Fisher wanted to pound the ball with Eddie George back in the day. When he finally got his way and George was breaking down, he made McNair the co-MVP of the league. Before that McNair was known more as a running QB than a passer.

Dinger came here because he knew TEN was headed down the tubes. They just had a purge to get under the cap, their D is atrocious, and McNair is on his last leg. Throw in the fact that C Brown looks like a bust and any aspirations of Dinger becoming a HC were gone in TEN because they were doomed to fail.

Enter the NY Jets. We made him an offer to be the OC and paid him a tremendous amount of money. We were coming off a playoff season and looked like a team on the rise. Furthermore, Hackett was run out for being too conservative, so this looked like an opportunity where Dinger can fully run his offense and open things up. Reality is he inherited damaged goods, and if he thought Fisher was like a pair of handcuffs on his O then Herm is a friggin straight jacket.

While Dinger may call each individual play, Herm outlines the plan. When Herm says punting is good, Dinger has no choice but to go along with it. So what can he do? On 3rd and 9 he could pass the ball early in the game and be aggressive, but coach says punt is good. Well, if he calls a pass that is intercepted how fast do you think it would take Herm to toss him under the bus? Furthermore, if he calls pass plays on first down to loosen up the D and Brooks throws an INT, rest assured Dinger goes under the bus. So he calls the plays that follows the outline laid out by the coach. Even if he knows in his heart it will result in certain loss.

I seriously wonder what was going through his mind when Herm couldn't figure out whether to accept the pnealty or not. He gotta be wondering if he just came from the muck in TEN to the mire in NY.

Heimerdinger took this job expressly to enhance his rep for a HC job. I don't think someone as respected as he is going to take this conservative game plan nonsense lying down. And I doubt Henderson is overjoyed about his unit spending 40 minutes a game trying to cver for this idiocy.

Heimerdinger took this job expressly to enhance his rep for a HC job. I don't think someone as respected as he is going to take this conservative game plan nonsense lying down. And I doubt Henderson is overjoyed about his unit spending 40 minutes a game trying to cver for this idiocy.

Please for the love of god let the revolt begin!!!!

**** Herm. This lies at his feet.

Hackett was a clown and has been a clown every place he's been. Entire message boards owe their existance to the Village Idiot.

Herm does share blame. If he does not like the calls being made, then he has to make sure that his plans are carried out. Hackett went against Herm's wishes in the playoffs and Bishop Harris bore the brunt of it.

What does that say about Herm? Can someone supecede your bosses' wishes? Yeah, try it and see what happens. The simple fact that this went on shows that Herm is considered a fool and people were able to overstep his decisons.

Herm, as head coach, sits in with his asst co. and comes up with the game plan. He shares the responsibility because he has input and is the boss. This conservatism is what he wanted and he signed off on it. If Heimerdinger called plays that were not in Herm's plans, then again, he also bears blame because he has no control.

Anyway you slice it, either Herm has no control and allowed plays to be called without his consent, or he authorized this playcalling and bears the blame.

I am not expecting miracles here. A 3rd string qb is not expected to go out and light things up. What I do have a problem with is that Herm never let the reigns off, even as the game started to get out of reach. Time became a serious factor and Hemr continued the conservatism.

To lose without taking a serious shot is terrible.

Tony Dungy II

Whenever the Jets have HAD to get something going (late in the 4th quarter)....the playbook has opened.

We saw it vs Miami where the phins scored, and the Jets got the ball, marched downfield on a beautiful drive with precisionn and scored a touchdown to seal the deal.

We saw it vs the Jags, but Chrebet dropped the pass. Still, we tied the game on a good drive.

We didnt see the same thing yesterday, but the last 2 drives where BOLLINGER ACTUALLY HAD A CHANCE, we completed a few first downs. As pathetic as it was, it was an improvement over the 1st 3 quarters.

Its is VERY VERY obvious that Herm is handcuffing Dingers playcalling and the philosophy on offense.

Another game or 2 like this and Herm MUST GO.

Open up the playbook, let Dinger call his f#cking game and STFU. Dont worry Herm, you can still give a good talk after the game even if your team wins.

Whenever the Jets have HAD to get something going (late in the 4th quarter)....the playbook has opened.

We saw it vs Miami where the phins scored, and the Jets got the ball, marched downfield on a beautiful drive with precisionn and scored a touchdown to seal the deal.

We saw it vs the Jags, but Chrebet dropped the pass. Still, we tied the game on a good drive.

We didnt see the same thing yesterday, but the last 2 drives where BOLLINGER ACTUALLY HAD A CHANCE, we completed a few first downs. As pathetic as it was, it was an improvement over the 1st 3 quarters.

Its is VERY VERY obvious that Herm is handcuffing Dingers playcalling and the philosophy on offense.

Another game or 2 like this and Herm MUST GO.

Open up the playbook, let Dinger call his f#cking game and STFU. Dont worry Herm, you can still give a good talk after the game even if your team wins.

This has gone on here well before Chad's injury. I recall noticing that we tended to score on the opening drive more often than not. We would take that early lead and sit on it, rather than going for the jugular. Most decent teams usually got back in the game and at least made it a contest at the end.

Whenever it was a close game, Herm would stay conservative, hoping that our opponent would slip up rather than forcing the action. Nothing has changed, and it certainly isn't Dinger's fault.

petro change your avatar. i keep thinking your that little dickhead rayray

Change my avatar?? Are you kidding??

Do you know how long it took me to get this avatar just right? Well actually it didn't take me that long, but I love it. :mrgreen:

Who's rayray and what avatar does he have? :shock:

Archived