pennington contract

bman

There is a way out..

I was listening to sirius NFL radio on saturday..

If we cut pennington before March 1st I think he only counts 3 million and it becomes a clean slate..

We would have paid hime 22 million for 16 games!! BUt if we keep him he wont play for a long time and his weak arm handcuffs this offense already..Look at what Moss is doing in washington..

I think we need to Cut Penne after the season and do try try try to trade draft picks for Drew Brees.

There is a way out..

If we cut pennington before March 1st I think he only counts 3 million and it becomes a clean slate..

We would have paid hime 22 million for 16 games!! BUt if we keep him he wont play for a long time and his weak arm handcuffs this offense already..Look at what Moss is doing in washington..

I think we need to Cut Penne after the season and do try try try to trade draft picks for Drew Brees.

agree,,,unless he restructures abnd we keep him at nfl minimum as 3rd string while he rehabs,,forget brees,,,rivers will be traded

There is a way out..

I think that eliminates a 9 mill roster bonus that he is due. That is about all. You still have the prorated bonus accelerated from the years he didn't play. No way that is 3 mill.

If in fact he can't play, you got to hope he declines his roster bonus (why would he, though?) and allows the Jets to cut him in June, so they can split the monies in 05 and 06.

The good news is, teh cap is going to appreciate markedly with the new agreement (whenever it gets done) and the new TV money coming in. It will exceed 100 mill from what I hear

I think that eliminates a 9 mill roster bonus that he is due. That is about all. You still have the prorated bonus accelerated from the years he didn't play. No way that is 3 mill.

If in fact he can't play, you got to hope he declines his roster bonus (why would he, though?) and allows the Jets to cut him in June, so they can split the monies in 05 and 06.

The good news is, teh cap is going to appreciate markedly with the new agreement (whenever it gets done) and the new TV money coming in. It will exceed 100 mill from what I hear

I heard that too. From Chris Mortensen on ESPN.

We should be in better shape than I expected.

Archived