The tables finally turned on Herm?

Preston Howley III

I don't get. All the new fans joining the "Herm must go" contingency.

They wait until this team has a 3rd string QB in a game to finally see the light? They couldn't see, all those years, of mishandling Vinny, Chad, Quincy...

The thing is, this is not the worst disaster of the Herm era. And yet, more pro-Herm fans turned on him over this loss, than at any other time.

I just find it peculiar. Anybody want to venture any guesses as to why now, and not before?

i am definitely guilty as charged. i liked herm right up until he went into a shell and coached with no balls this week. that mentality trickles down to the players. i bought herm's act for the last 4 years and really believed it was teddy, and then hackett, and then chad's bad arm. i thought herm had what it took to lead the team. i remembered the walton, kotite, coslet, and carrol years and figured that herm was better than what else was out there.

i was wrong. herm must go!

I don't get. All the new fans joining the "Herm must go" contingency.

They wait until this team has a 3rd string QB in a game to finally see the light? They couldn't see, all those years, of mishandling Vinny, Chad, Quincy...

The thing is, this is not the worst disaster of the Herm era. And yet, more pro-Herm fans turned on him over this loss, than at any other time.

I just find it peculiar. Anybody want to venture any guesses as to why now, and not before?

your just padding your own ego because you were vindicated as a herm basher.

well im back on the wagon with ya. herm sucks :mrgreen:

I have not liked a jet coach since walt michaels (ok Parcells was ok but the bum left us and belli deserted us when we needed him most) As far was why after this loss, plain and simple, balless. A 3rd grader could tell run curtis right, run curtis left, get curtis killed. THe OL needs help and Herm needed balls to to call a lot of play action early on and keep the dogs at bay. Risk an interception, sure, but you have a lot better chance of winning if you have an agresive defense guessing and back on there heels guesing. Herm just went in a shell and wanted the defenst to win. He hung the whole team out to dry and just gaave up.

ps if he thought the power running game was going to work with our offensive line he is just plain stupid. We don't have the roadgraders that are just goung to give you a 2 yard surge every time. If you have the HOGS and riggo it may work and control the ball, time of possecion and let your D go nuts, but we have the poer puff girls up front and a 32 year old back. GIve me a wide open passing game right now and bring up williams so we get some speed.

The head coach will always get blamed, especially after a start like this.

Herm is in a tough boat. His starting qb went down, and so did his backup. He's now saddled with a 3rd stringer.

I don't think too many coaches could succeed with that situation, but Andy Reid did. He found a way. he is also the exception.

I like Herm, but he gets killed for handcuffing his qb's and being so conservative. He should get a pass, but I'm afraid that by giving him another pass, it further excuses him from winning.

Chad is done and needs to be cut. Get it over with. He is not going to return. Martin should be let go as well. Herm will do neither. Cutting them will hurt our cap, but regardless, they need to be let go. We need to look in another direction and groom another qb and draft a running back, a gamebreaker.

My main reason, aside from moving in another direction, for cutting them, would be to ensure that Herm does not get into a qb controversy, or sits a gifted rookie for an old, aging Martin.

The way this season is going, it might be done anyway. Herm might be fired and the new coach will want his own players and a fresh start.

Herm is NOT getting a pass from me. This team looked like sht on opening day. They had 6 weeks to prepare for that game and they played like sht on offense, on defense, and on special teams. THEY SUCKED.

So don't give me this "Herm gets a mulligan" crap. The way Chad was playing before being put on IR, I doubt this team was going anywhere, any way. This team was one game under .500 before Chad went down. And if anybody wants to say "Oh, but Chad wasn't ready" THEN WHY THE FCK DIDN'T THAT MORON START FIEDLER ON OPENING DAY? Enough.

Herm's had five years. He sucks.

Herm is NOT getting a pass from me. This team looked like sht on opening day. They had 6 weeks to prepare for that game and they played like sht on offense, on defense, and on special teams. THEY SUCKED.

So don't give me this "Herm gets a mulligan" crap. The way Chad was playing before being put on IR, I doubt this team was going anywhere, any way. This team was one game under .500 before Chad went down. And if anybody wants to say "Oh, but Chad wasn't ready" THEN WHY THE FCK DIDN'T THAT MORON START FIEDLER ON OPENING DAY? Enough.

Herm's had five years. He sucks.

yup,,,thats the question i would like answered,,,everyone i know said chad looked horrible in camp leadin up to game,,why the hell start him,,,i will tell u why,,cause if they didnt they would have to admit chads decsision to put off surgery 3 weeks to go on vacation backfired...

screw whats best for team,,protect our political decisions

Aside from last season, this team has looked unprepared and basically had their doors blown off EVERY YEAR UNDER HERM to start the season.

I felt exactly the same way. Ok, KC is a hornet's nest, but can they look any more unprepared. The Jets were outplayed, outlcassed, outcoached in every facet of the game.

That Herm continues to play Chad and Martin despite injuries is ******* inexcusable. Why have backups then? Chad was not ready, looked lost, and resembled a hurt college kid. Herm also knew that he was playing with this kid's career by having bad back Fabini watching his blind side. A beat up, banged up, slow, old Fabini.

Sure, it's easy to second guess him, but the Jets laid out major dollars for this kid, and protect him with trash. It makes no sense. They gambled and lost. What should they have done? They should ahve rested Chad, made sure he healed, before putting him in that situation. Even if Chad was not to be 100% until late this season, if at all, the risk in playing him ealry was too much.

Herm also ****ed up by putting Chad in with little practice time. So, you put in a banged up quarterback, with little to no experience in the offense, with a new RT and bum LT.

Fiedler should have started a few games, at least until chad felt more comfortable, and to ensure that Jones and Fabini panned out.

**** you Herm.

Fiedler should have started a few games, at least until chad felt more comfortable, and to ensure that Jones and Fabini panned out.

F#ck you Herm.

BINGO.

Sad thing is, we'd be 2-2 right now and in the hunt if that were the case. We picked the WRONG YEAR to tank.

I agree....F#CK YOU HERM.

Archived