Cali paper: Send Rattay to Jets-- "he would save the se

R44

Not sure I agree he could save the season, but he would be a definite improvement over what the Jets have now....Question is, what's the price? I'd go no higher than a 4th rounder for Rattay.

BTY, I don't think Rattay is really special, but he's better than these showed with the 49ers....Remember, former Yalie TE Eric Johnson was his real only weapon on offense and he's out for the season.

J. Morton starting at WR and no RB's?

That's what Rattay is dealing with.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/turn2/ci_3082851

Rattay: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187628

At this point the only thing that getting Rattay does for us is get us to 6-10. IMO, they may as well ride out their 4-12 season and grab a high pick. Rattay is nothing more than a stopgap for us, and for San Fran, Smith is just not ready to take the reins. He as alot of Brooks Bollinger in him. :lol:

btw Rigs, checked out Stanton this weekend. You are dead on with that kid-- balls, brains, feet, and a hell of an arm. Leinart is #1, Stanton is clearly #2 for me.

TS, I agree with you on Rattay -- No point on giving up mid round picks to win extra games...

Thing is: Herm and Bradway have their jobs and futures on the line, which may make them desperately seek a player that can save their tails -- even if it's a longshot type.

Yea, Drew had quite a game, even in the loss....I'd say he had 4 or 5 huge drops Saturday which could've made the difference....Like I said, MSU's talent level is "average" ....And remember, they lost their "Chebet clone" (except with great speed) Agim Shabaj, who entered the supplemental Draft in July (He's in the CFL now).

Leinart looked average, but I still like him and don't think his arm is "too weak"....He can make all the throws needed, velocity is the question mark, however.

Henne, who you like did well....He's just a sophmore, so I haven't spent a lot of time on him yet, but I like him also.

I even put it in writing in 2004: http://draftdaddy.com/prospects/bestFresh.cfm#2

TS, I agree with you on Rattay -- No point on giving up mid round picks to win extra games...

Thing is: Herm and Bradway have their jobs and futures on the line, which may make them desperately seek a player that can save their tails -- even if it's a longshot type.

Yea, Drew had quite a game, even in the loss....I'd say he had 4 or 5 huge drops Saturday which could've made the difference....Like I said, MSU's talent level is "average" ....And remember, they lost their "Chebet clone" (except with great speed) Agim Shabaj, who entered the supplemental Draft in July (He's in the CFL now).

Leinart looked average, but I still like him and don't think his arm is "too weak"....He can make all the throws needed, velocity is the question mark, however.

Henne, who you like did well....He's just a sophmore, so I haven't spent a lot of time on him yet, but I like him also.

I even put it in writing in 2004: http://draftdaddy.com/prospects/bestFresh.cfm#2

I like Henne because I think he's got the mental toughness aspect locked down. IMO, that's the first prerequisite for success in the league. I'm getting a kick out of watching Losman self destruct here in Buffalo. You have to wonder if Tom Donahoe actually talked to the kid before drafting him, because I had him pegged as a loser from his very first statements in coming to Buffalo, basically dissing Drew Bledsoe all over the place.

Henne has been super-erratic this season for some reason. Teams just have him figured out a bit, I guess. Losing Braylon Edwards didn't help him either. Still, when it's all said and done, I think he'll be an NFL starter from Day One.

I like Henne because I think he's got the mental toughness aspect locked down. IMO, that's the first prerequisite for success in the league. I'm getting a kick out of watching Losman self destruct here in Buffalo. You have to wonder if Tom Donahoe actually talked to the kid before drafting him, because I had him pegged as a loser from his very first statements in coming to Buffalo, basically dissing Drew Bledsoe all over the place.

Henne has been super-erratic this season for some reason. Teams just have him figured out a bit, I guess. Losing Braylon Edwards didn't help him either. Still, when it's all said and done, I think he'll be an NFL starter from Day One.

Tom, you've got to believe me... Chad Henne is a deer in headlights. At least, he was against Wisconsin and Notre Dame. I didn't get to see the MSU game. I mean, he really doesn't put up great numbers.

The one I'm looking at on the Michigan offense is Mike Hart, from your neck of the woods. That kid is a difference maker.

Tom, you've got to believe me... Chad Henne is a deer in headlights. At least, he was against Wisconsin and Notre Dame. I didn't get to see the MSU game. I mean, he really doesn't put up great numbers.

The one I'm looking at on the Michigan offense is Mike Hart, from your neck of the woods. That kid is a difference maker.

Hart made a HUGE mistake going to Michigan, IMO. He's built to be in a single back set working out of the spread offense where he can use his insane ability to stop and start to just humiliate defenders. I saw him play in high school and when I tell you that he IS Barry Sanders reincarnated I kid you not. Freakish acceleration and lateral quicks. For some reason Carr has him lined up in power sets running out of the I. Hart might get killed before it's all said and done. The [erfect place for him would have been at a school like FSU getting bigger while playing behind Washington for a season and then sharing carries. As it is, he's getting 25 carries a game and getting crushed against Big Ten front sevens. The fact that he gets so many yards running out of the wrong offense just speaks to how talented he is.

Honestly. WTF is the point anymore? So we can win 6 or 7 games, still not make the playoffs and take our team out of contention for a top 7 pick? Whats the point in that? So Herm can be our head coach again in 2006? Forget it.

Lets stick with what we have. Take the 4-12 season like men, suck it up, and get the best damn QB available either via trade or in the draft.

About Drew Stanton.

My god, he has an ARM. Holy Canoli! He moves really well too, so he can be versatile.

MSUs schedule

Sat, Sep 3rd, 2005 Kent State 12:00

Sat, Sep 10th, 2005 Hawaii 3:30

Sat, Sep 17th, 2005 at Notre Dame 2:30

Sat, Sep 24th, 2005 at Illinois 2:00

Sat, Oct 1st, 2005 Michigan 12:00

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sat, Oct 15th, 2005 at Ohio State 12:10

Sat, Oct 22nd, 2005 Northwestern 3:30

Sat, Oct 29th, 2005 Indiana 3:30

Sat, Nov 5th, 2005 at Purdue 12:00

Sat, Nov 12th, 2005 at Minnesota 1:00

Sat, Nov 19th, 2005 Penn State 12:00

Lets see how Stanton does infront of a 100,000 crazy buckeye fans in 2 weeks. Minnesota, Purdue and Penn State will also be some games to watch, moreso Penn State than Minnesota & Purdue.

Honestly. WTF is the point anymore? So we can win 6 or 7 games, still not make the playoffs and take our team out of contention for a top 7 pick? Whats the point in that? So Herm can be our head coach again in 2006? Forget it.

Lets stick with what we have. Take the 4-12 season like men, suck it up, and get the best damn QB available either via trade or in the draft.

About Drew Stanton.

My god, he has an ARM. Holy Canoli! He moves really well too, so he can be versatile.

MSUs schedule

Sat, Sep 3rd, 2005 Kent State 12:00

Sat, Sep 10th, 2005 Hawaii 3:30

Sat, Sep 17th, 2005 at Notre Dame 2:30

Sat, Sep 24th, 2005 at Illinois 2:00

Sat, Oct 1st, 2005 Michigan 12:00

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sat, Oct 15th, 2005 at Ohio State 12:10

Sat, Oct 22nd, 2005 Northwestern 3:30

Sat, Oct 29th, 2005 Indiana 3:30

Sat, Nov 5th, 2005 at Purdue 12:00

Sat, Nov 12th, 2005 at Minnesota 1:00

Sat, Nov 19th, 2005 Penn State 12:00

Lets see how Stanton does infront of a 100,000 crazy buckeye fans in 2 weeks. Minnesota, Purdue and Penn State will also be some games to watch, moreso Penn State than Minnesota & Purdue.

If they go out and get a QB like Rattay now, you know that Woody isn't paying attention. But, if they stick with what they have, you know that Terry and Herm are dead men.

TS, I hated Losman right from the start...In the infancy of DD.com, back in early 2004, I couldn't mention enough how unimpressed I was with Losman.

Worse than the fact that he played "small" in "big games" for Tulane, he's got a terrible personality -- He makes Elvis Grbac look like a sociable, likeable player (supposedly Elvis never had a friend in the NFL)...

Maybe when Losman is 30 or 32, he'll "figure it out", ala Rich Gannon or Jim Plunkett, back in the 1980's....But don't expect that to happen.

Bills aren't THAT BAD, they should bring in Kelly Holcolmb ASAP! :lol:

Barton, good points on Drew, but nothing will rattle that kid -- He's got the confidence and moxy that rival's the most confident players around....Confidence wise, he's beyond special....I think he prefers playing in front of 100,000 opposing fans than playing in Lansing.

His biggest problem is and will be "average" to "poor" wide receivers on the Spartans.

I want to see Stanton do well. With Matt Leinart all but locked in as the #1 QB in the draft, is there any chance Stanton would hold back and return for his senior year in 2006?

I hope not. It would be nice to finally draft a young quarterback with a cannon arm. I really wanna see how he handles vs Ohio State, but if he is as confident and poise as you say he is, rigs, then he should be fine.

Now, I know Stanton got injured last year. Separated right shoulder vs Michigan. Did he have surgery?

Hart made a HUGE mistake going to Michigan, IMO. He's built to be in a single back set working out of the spread offense where he can use his insane ability to stop and start to just humiliate defenders. I saw him play in high school and when I tell you that he IS Barry Sanders reincarnated I kid you not. Freakish acceleration and lateral quicks. For some reason Carr has him lined up in power sets running out of the I. Hart might get killed before it's all said and done. The [erfect place for him would have been at a school like FSU getting bigger while playing behind Washington for a season and then sharing carries. As it is, he's getting 25 carries a game and getting crushed against Big Ten front sevens. The fact that he gets so many yards running out of the wrong offense just speaks to how talented he is.

The Michigan offense is suited for any running back. That's one thing I will say for it. It's not very creative, it's not very flashy, but it's great for a running back. And Hart'll be fine, since there's Grady and Martin too... Lloyd'll run the ball 100 times, if he can.

And, that's how the Big 11 is. You have to run like that. You see the OSU defense. They're all like that, but not as fast in the linebacking core. But, everything in the Big 11 is won in the trenches.

Barton, it's a little early, but I'm not 100% sure Leinart is lock for #1 (although I agree with you, he's in the lead now)....I think Quinn and Drew are catching up to him -- if they come out.

There is a chance Drew stays in college, because he just hasn't played much QB -this is really his first full season, due to injuries....I think Quinn will stay too, because he's that type of person and it seems to be the N.Dame way to stay in school. I think both are " true juniors" too, which is factor ---Unlike Vincent Young, who's a redshirt junior and should be on schedule to graduate in the spring.

Not 100% sure about Drews shoulder surgery, but he looks fine -- Threw a 95 MPH fast in baseball in high school and he can wing it in football these days--Plus arm; super plus velocity.

I think the Jets would be very happy to get him one day, but that's way down the line.

Section, good suggestion. I'd consider Cotchery for Rattay on the Jets end--I'd do it.

Not sure San Fran wants another possession WR type at this point....They are so weak on offense, they may just need to stockpile picks.

Fans want would rather the Jets lose 12 games and get a better pick --instead of going 7-9 or 8-8, but Bradway and Herm are in desperate fights to keep very HIGH PAYING, prestigious jobs....In a down AFC East, there is no way they are giving up on trades yet.

Edited 2x to get rid of this 8) on the 8-8 record part.

Archived