the dumbest draft related article i have read this year

bitonti

Shadow, looks like Smith will start this week, against whoever the 49ers will play....

I guess to get back to the original premise of this post, I'd bet the 49ers would rather have had Leinart, but what is done is done....Also, there is no guarentee the 49ers will get a top 3 pick anyway for Leinart or another QB --- they may win a few games this season :shock:

TS, just never liked Smith's game, dating back to 2004, so I guess it's a consistent opinion....In many ways, I agree with him that Smith jumped to the NFL sort of early and the 49ers reached a bit to grad him #1 overall....

But from here on in, it's up to Alex. He's bright and has the skills.

Thing is, is he close to ready?

We'll find out over time.

I heard that, Rigs. And they're playing the Colts, who have found a defense, all of a sudden.

I have no doubt in my mind that the Niners wanted Leinhert more than Smith and Rodgers. No doubt what so ever. And, when he didn't declare for the draft, they scrambled and went with Smith.

My only question is this: Did they get any input from Bill Walsh? I figure they almost had to, considering he still has input on the team. Or, I thought he did. He did have a hand in choosing the GM and helping pick the coach, right? I just always thought he was more involved with the team, these days.

Archived