Testaverde to start Sunday vs Bucs: MERGED

ESPN's John Clayton reports the New York Jets will name their starting quarterback for Week 5 on Wednesday, Oct. 5. While the team is not saying anything, it appears likely the team will go with veteran QB Vinny Testaverde as their new starter.

According to MSG's Anthony Fucilli, the Jets are expected to announce at a Wednesday press conference that Vinny Testaverde will be their starting quarterback Sunday against Tampa Bay.

ESPN's John Clayton reports the New York Jets will name their starting quarterback for Week 5 on Wednesday, Oct. 5. While the team is not saying anything, it appears likely the team will go with veteran QB Vinny Testaverde as their new starter.

According to MSG's Anthony Fucilli, the Jets are expected to announce at a Wednesday press conference that Vinny Testaverde will be their starting quarterback Sunday against Tampa Bay.

and just like that, Bollywood slips back into obscurity.

:D

AHHHHHH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE REMEMBER HIM WELL.

GOOD LUCK--JUST HOPE IT'S A GOOD GAME :wink:

Why even dress the team then? Stay home and have a BBQ.

VINNY INT!!! WHOOO HOOOO!! Kill me right now...Please god...I don't want to make it to sunday...please take me before Ii have to see the Italian Afro take the field again.

If true, we're in full-fledged desperation mode now.

Wow, just wow.

Good Luck Vinny!

Message to our O-Line: I don't think it's in our best interest to carry 6 QBs, so please, please, give him some breathing room.

LOL about the 6 QB's. WHat a freaking mess. Who wants to put money on how many games it is until Kliff Kingsbury is starting for the Jets?

Wow, that didn't take long.

Pennington had 6 months to read the playbook and still couldn't grasp it, but Vinny's got it down in one week.

Vinny's not only got it down, he doesn't even need to be in football shape to play it.

There are two scenarios that can play out here.

Vinny Testaverde morphs into superman and saves the New York Jets season,

or .... Herm Edwards is done!

My bet is on the latter.

This is really becoming a bad joke.

Vinny's not only got it down, he doesn't even need to be in football shape to play it.

There are two scenarios that can play out here.

Vinny Testaverde morphs into superman and saves the New York Jets season,

or .... Herm Edwards is done!

My bet is on the latter.

This is really becoming a bad joke.

I love you, Lady Jet. I don't care if it's wrong to say it, but it's true. I cherish what we share. I do.

I'm from the "it can't be worse than stating Bolly" school of thought.

My condolences to Vinny's family. Shall we all pitch in for flowers or do it individually?

And then of course, there's the romantic, unrealistic, wonderful storyline that we can daydream about prior to kickoff:

Vinny, the maligned QB of dubious reputation forced to go from college superstar to the dregs of the league, only to fight his way back to the top--and yet never realize his dream of becoming a super-bowl champion, retires. And through some stroke of luck he witnesses two QB's go down midseason, and is pulled back onto the feild for one last shot of glory...

only to be broken in two by half-a-dozen unblocked Buccaneers. Damn. Even my day-dreams are pessimistic.

Why even dress the team then? Stay home and have a BBQ.

VINNY INT!!! WHOOO HOOOO!! Kill me right now...Please god...I don't want to make it to sunday...please take me before Ii have to see the Italian Afro take the field again.

i have never been a big vinny fan but i would much rather see vinny throwing it on 3rd and 13 then to see dopey brooks handing it off to old man curtis.

Vinny is 8-18 in his last 26 starts with 25 interceptions and 6 fumbles. Less than 2 weeks in football this year and a new system. Let Bollywood play. He show some progress last week and he can't be any worse than Vinny. Wake me up when Herm is gone!

how can you say he cant be any worse then vinny.....brooks should not even be in the nfl, vinny played here for something like 40 years...............good grief!

Vinny Testaverde... yeah

Vinny Testaverde... yeah

He's the best quarterback in the American Football Conference, Eastern Division

Every pass he makes he throws on a frozen rope.

Vinny Testaverde... yeah

Vinny Testaverde... yeah

That song sucks.

Why is Vinny the only QB in recent memory who gets no benefit of the doubt from people? Chad sucks for three straight years and people make excuses for him. Bollinger can't even win the #2 job by his third year, leads the team to zero points and like 75 yards of total offense prior to garbage time, and people make excuses for him. Yet with Vinny, people only mention INTs, as if he never did anything else while he was here.

I remember what it was like to be a Jets fan prior to Vinny showing up. From about, I don't know, 1987 to 1997 we were pitiful. Then Vinny came in in 1998 and the Jets have beena solid team ever since.

But screw Vinny, let's rip him and focus on the INTs he's thrown. Seriously - how did Vinny ever last two seconds in this league?

Bollinger is terrible. Vinny is the best QB on the roster and he's going to allow our offense to be more dynamic and less predictable. Those benefits come at a cost of more INTs, sure. But what is better, no turnovers, 10 punts, no points, or a few INTs??

The season isn't over - we're one game behind the Pats with 75% of the season left.

We have 12 games left >gulp<. As much as I'd love to see Vinny step in and do what he is physically capable of doing - hitting guys with +30 yrd bombs - I see him getting picked and pulling clumps of turf out of his facemask. We don't have an offensive line.

Bollinger is way inexperienced and may not have the tools to be viable long term, but he wasn't the negative factor in our loss to the Ravens. We didn't let him throw and when we did, our recievers didn't catch - the big ones anyway. I think it's a mistake to pull him in favor of Vinny. He has above average arm strength and might be able to move the chains with a little help from the line and WR's.

cmon Vinny might be colorblind but at least he can see over the heads of his OL. Bollinger is lucky to even be in the league. They have no chance with Brooks. They have a small chance with Vinny. I don't care about the playbook at this point, get him out there drawing plays in the sand with Wayne it's gotta be better than what's going on now.

Archived