Testaverde to start Sunday vs Bucs: MERGED

Further proof just how full of sht, Herm is. Herm preaches "don't turn the ball over" but takes Bollinger, off of one start with NO TURNOVERS, who's been through training camp, has had 8 months of studying the playbook, and benches him for Vinny, who was cut in Dallas for Drew Bledsoe.

Vinny, who has throw 30+ INT's since his last stint with the Jets.

I like Vinny. But he's been here for a week. He's 42 years old.

Wait until Vinny gets a load of this 0-line, too. He's going to get his #ss kicked on Sunday. And then what? Put Bollinger in? After you screwed the guy just like you screwed Quincy Carter?

Herm you suck. You are a total dck.

Testaverde , even in the shotgun, won't have time to throw at all. If Edwards is so worried about turnovers, he has no idea. At least when Testaverde got time in the Parcells/Groh Era, his INTs were usually no worse than punts. Now, throwing the short dump junk that Hermie seems to think is key, he could be really dangerous-to his own team.

cmon Vinny might be colorblind but at least he can see over the heads of his OL. Bollinger is lucky to even be in the league. They have no chance with Brooks. They have a small chance with Vinny. I don't care about the playbook at this point, get him out there drawing plays in the sand with Wayne it's gotta be better than what's going on now.

B - There's a big part of me that says F-it, what do we have to lose? But I do think Bolly could have some worth with a bit more seasoning. All that said -the decisions been made. Faint heart never won fair maiden - C'mon Vinny! Go Jets!

Against the Ravens, the Jets offense did not cross the 45 yard line until late in the third quarter. At no time did they cross the 35 yard line. When Bollinger ran out of bounds on the three rather than throwing the ball away, I had seen quite enough.

Paging Mr. Testaverde.

Vinny's going to find out all too quickly that Flozell Adams and Larry Adams don't have his back, on Sunday.

there is a possibility, however small, that the threat of a passing game opens up holes for the running game, which takes pressure off the QB. With Brooks there was no threat of a passing game, the offense was going 3 and out, and it snowballed.

Note i am not saying probable, i am saying possible.

The fact that Bollinger didn't turn the ball over is meaningless, or, must be examined in the proper context. Yeah, no turnovers, but no plays made either. Sorry, when you lead your lead to 90 yards of net offense for 56 minutes, when you punt almost 10 times, when you lead them to zero points, when you lose two yards from the 1, you don't get an "atta boy" because you didn't turn it over.

Bollinger got shut out. Worse than that, he led the Jets to -4 points, since he couldn't punch in a gift TD. It was embarassing.

I am pretty sure Vinny has led hundreds of scoring drives in his career. Bolly has yet to lead one. This move is a no-brainer. Bollinger is just a scrub. Unless Vinny gets hurt this year, Bollinger won't start another NFL game in his entirer career.

Sorry, when you lead your team to 90 yards of net offense for 56 minutes

Jets had the ball for 56 minutes? C'mon, we can play with the stats all day long. You saw the game. You saw the playcalling. And you of all people know what the deal is, because Hackett and Herm shackled Vinny in 2001 and the first four games of 2002. And if you're gonna say "well Hacketts gone" thats all well and good, but Herm aint, and Dingers playbook isn't exactly tic tac toe.

This move makes no sense. If the Jets are a .500 club by the time Fiedler gets back, I'll eat a head cheese/olive loaf sandwich.

Bollinger deserved one more crack. I'd have no problem going with Vinny in two weeks, if Bolly failed.

with this coaching staff & o unit, bollinger sucked as vinnie will suck as cliff will suck the following week & so on & so on.

I hope you're right 6ever but will work on my vinnie bashing skills in the meantime as you have not been kind to any post vinnie q back

with this coaching staff & o unit, bollinger sucked as vinnie will suck as cliff will suck the following week & so on & so on.

I hope you're right 6ever but will work on my vinnie bashing skills in the meantime as you have not been kind to any post vinnie q back

You know what? You're right. I shouldn't even care that Bollinger is getting screwed. If they started him, Herm would only shackle him like he did last week.

Whats the point. Herm sucks.

Edwards has forced both OCs in his tenure to try to do the short passing/running stuff with the idea of having these 16-play 7-minute scoring drives. It's a retarded way to play unless you have a brutally-tough OL, and the jets don't and haven't.Thnink 1985 Bears, 80s Skins or Giants-big nasty OLs that lined up and knocked you silly.

Too much has to go right to play the way Edwards seems to think would be successful. There's no margin for error. You have to open things up unless having 9 defenders rush the line on the snap all of whom were cheating up anyway. And pinpoint short passing is arguably the weakest part of Testaverde's game.

Simply, between Vinny's rust and Edwards' moronic gameplans, this could be a very long season. Which is a shame-this defense is as good as any. But leave them on the field for 40+ minutes and they will break. Worse, the team will fracture. The defense queationing the coaching staff and it's offense is justa round the corner.

As I have been browsing and reading posts here, I realized something....

Everyone bitches about the same thing. There have so few posts with any real insight about the Jets.

About all you get is dump Herm, Chad is a baby, Vinny and Curtis are old, fire him, fire them.

I would like to read some insight on solutions the cry baby Jets fans (so called) have instead of the constant

dumping.

No Chad, live with it.

Go Herm!

Go Vinny!

Go Jets!

Everyone b!tches about the same thing. There have so few posts with any real insight about the Jets.

About all you get is dump Herm, Chad is a baby, Vinny and Curtis are old, fire him, fire them.

I would like to read some insight on solutions the cry baby Jets fans (so called) have instead of the constant

dumping.

No Chad, live with it.

Go Herm!

Go Vinny!

Go Jets!

And what exactly did you just contribute?

Go Herm? Go Vinny?

Wow, that's insight. Try reading the front page, clown. And if you still don't like it, go over to JI where you can take turns greasing Herm's weezer.

Everyone b!tches about the same thing. There have so few posts with any real insight about the Jets.

dumping.

No Chad, live with it.

Go Herm!

Go Vinny!

Go Jets!

Yes, we are an easy group to sum up in one paragraph. BUT.... you get all of this for FREE. And some of the pictures posted are very pretty.

Top that!

This is the DUMBEST decision that Herm has EVER made.

Vinnie himself said that he's not in football shape.

Last week, whenhe was signed, Vinnie said that he, meaning his legs, won't be in football shape for 2 to 4 weeks.

Ok so he's been throwing the football around on his tenis court, that's not being NFL ready. He still can't scramble and move around the way an NFL QB is conditioned to.

For Herm to put Vinnie, or anybody, this sort of a position where he could get seriously hurt isn't right. Herm should be fined, fired, and thrown the hell out of the league for putting someone in potential jeopardy like this. :evil:

I officialy hate Herms guts. He makes me sick to my mother-Fing stomach.

He still can't scramble and move around the way an NFL QB is conditioned to.

Vinny could have been here from day 1 of training camp and you still wouldn't see him moving around because he is a statue. What he can do however, no matter what shape he is in, is throw the ball and that will be something that we have not seen this year. There is nothing to lose here, the QB situation is already at rock botton and there is only one way to go..UP!

Vinny could have been here from day 1 of training camp and you still wouldn't see him moving around because he is a statue. What he can do however, no matter what shape he is in, is throw the ball and that will be something that we have not seen this year.

I didn't mention the fact that he never moved around in the first place because I figured every body knew that. You're right Old Leadfeet still can throw, but to what degree.

Archived