Why is Bollinger on the team?

Stonehands

I hate to start a new thread for this, but I am curious why Bollinger is on the team. Thrid string QB's are carried for two reasons: 1. To groom for a possible starting or backup role in the future. 2. In case number 1 and 2 QB's are hurt, they know the plays and can step in.

With the legth of time Bollinger has been here, if he is getting demoted behind Testaverde at this point, I can't believe number 1 reason or number 2 reason apply to this guy. If he is not viewed as a future contributor, then why didn't we carry Testaverde from the beginning of the season? Does Herm think this guy has a future?

that's a great question, they put him in the game but did not allow him to do anything. he did what he was asked to do. Now he's back on the bench? makes no sense to waste 3 years on a guy if you have ZERO confidence in him

i'm beginning to see flaws in the coaching staff :shock:

Herm sucks is quickly becoming one of the most conservative coaches in the league..he says otherwise but he is..Bollinger would have beat the Ravens with a real coach..

Yes, Herm held him back, but Bollinger would not have won that game under any circumstances. He cannot make the throws, some of his passes were not even in the same zip code as the receiver last week. Bollinger was horrible in pre-season and everybody said that he was playing with the scrubs so we could not determine what level he was playing at. After Sunday we can see that level is somewhere around High School.

Herm Edwards is a liar, a bum, and a lowlife. Pond scum. A snake. A rat. A cockroach. A liar and thief. He has no character, no integrity, no class and no brain. Everything he touches turns to puss.

His sellout of Bollywood is the worst thing I've ever seen in the history of sports, business and politics combined.

He handcuffs Bolly. Forbids him to pass the ball. Then complains that he didn't put up 21 points and replaces him a week later????

What a total Lizard!!!!

Expect to see Kingsbury against the Bills after he sells Vinny down the river too.

Excuses are for losers, Herm. And you are most definitely a LOSER.

FCUK!!!!!

Bit, the Jets had one first down in the first half. That's all Bollingers fault? The other ten guys were doing their job?

ya know how Tom Brady steps in and makes everyone look better than they are? Bollinger has the opposite effect. Without the threat of the pass, the defense stacks the box and blitzes like crazy. This was a move that had to be made.

I will freely admit there is blame here, namely with Terry/Herm for 1) wasting a 6th round pick and 2) keeping around this guy, even Ricky Ray or Kevin Eakin would have been better. They couldn't have been worse. It was an insult when they told Vinny to step back to #3 so that Bolly could be #2.

saying "he's got Moxie" is just another way to say "he sucks but tries hard"

ya know how Tom Brady steps in and makes everyone look better than they are? Bollinger has the opposite effect. Without the threat of the pass, the defense stacks the box and blitzes like crazy. This was a move that had to be made.

Did you just compare him to Tom Brady? Damn, that settles it then.

The defense stacks the box when Chad is the QB, too. Everybody knows Martin is going to get the ball on first and ten.

Bit, are we any closer to a championship with Vinny at the helm? Or are we just spinning the tires-

Again?

fred, you may know this off the top of your head......bit is sayin bolly missed 7 throws in the 1st half. how many of them were 3rd & long? I remember 1 bad pass to coles under pressure, any dropped?

do you think bit has more or less moxie than bolly?

thanks,

joesh*tstirrer

Ok, I'm gonna say. I don't care. Here goes: Bollywood's passes were being dropped at a unprecendented rate - Jolly, Sowell, JMac - all these caats dropped passes that were right in their hands. Why? Cause herm instructed them to drop those balls to make Bollywood look bad.

Nobody has more moxie than Bolly. Herm is a sabateur. read your Shakespeare.

Bollinger is here because he was drafted by the Bradway/Herm regime. And everyone knows that they keep all draft picks no matter how minimal their talent may be. Unless of course, that late round find has potential like Matt Walters or Derrick Ward. Then they let them go.

Some are saying that Jetstone is actually Max Shane logging in from a different IP.

I didn't believe it at first..and now I'm like...I dunno.

That's it keep them all guessing- it drives the hit count

I will freely admit there is blame here, namely with Terry/Herm for 1) wasting a 6th round pick and 2) keeping around this guy, even Ricky Ray or Kevin Eakin would have been better. They couldn't have been worse. It was an insult when they told Vinny to step back to #3 so that Bolly could be #2.

saying "he's got Moxie" is just another way to say "he sucks but tries hard"

Clearly Brooksie was not going to do it nor start again.

Don't worry Fred, Bollywood will be back because the way our o-line protects, Vinny won't last more than a few games.

BZ

Don't worry Fred, Bollywood will be back because the way our o-line protects, Vinny won't last more than a few games.

Bolly will be ready. Vinny Blindsided-Verde has the mobility of a deep rooted oak tree. He won't last. Cliff King-Burried wouldn't do much better.

The Bolly bus rolls on. Beset by higher gas prices, flat tires, glue sniffing drivers and vandalism. But on it rolls.

Archived