Anybody remember these two idiots from draft day?

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 years later...
On 1/20/2010 at 1:05 PM, gEYno said:

Not for nothing, but the older 'idiot' has a new york times bestseller, a highly successful retail wine site, and runs what appears to be a successful media company with the younger 'idiot'.

I'd take it.

It just brings truth to the old saying "I'd rather be lucky than good".

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

I get that...lol. I feel like they're 2 completely different people though based on their posting. 

Dude, it's been like 10 years - safe to say AJ aged at the same rate as the rest of us, and as such his communication ability (what he does professionally, I might add) has evolved over time. 

Anyway, this thread is as salty now as it was back when it originally was started. The Vayners didn't point the camera at themselves. Klacko, in particular, sounds like an envious nitwit. 

8 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

These guys are the co-owners of an online brand consulting agency called Vaynermedia.  They are plotting to make enough money to buy the Jets someday (lol).

Gary's an investor a handful of big brands, they launched Vaynermedia, they also recently got into the sports agent game. They are pretty well diversified with regard to business ventures. Then add to that Gary having a huge platform for motivational speaking/advising targeting young entrepreneurs. I've seen people call him douchey for years - but I think that's a superficial reaction to his delivery/style. If you strip that away and get right down to the brass tacks of his messaging, it's very positive.

Anyway, I think he adds value to a space - the talk circuit for consultants, startups, etc - where there are a ton of also-rans. I've been to enough conferences over the years, and seen enough "talks" where I can tell you 85-90% of it is recycled jargon that affords mediocre speakers the chance to travel with an expense budget. I'm a pragmatic guy, and the success I have as a consultant is driven by natural inclination for empathy - both traits are valued tenets of Gary's message. So, in my opinion, he's a done a great job of socializing and celebrating how I work - and the reason this matters is because the majority of consulting is driven by trend chasing.

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Vayners didn't point the camera at themselves. Klacko, in particular, sounds like an envious nitwit. 

They didn't exactly shy away from it or discourage it either. 

Look, I know Gary's not stupid. And I think its great he's made all that money. More power to him. 

I'm just not a big fan of attention whoring, never have been. 

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

They didn't exactly shy away from it or discourage it either. 

Look, I know Gary's not stupid. And I think its great he's made all that money. More power to him. 

I'm just not a big fan of attention whoring, never have been. 

I see. So, you're instead a fan of grandstanding about attention whoring anonymously on the internet?

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

I like medicine! It makes the hurty go away!

:)

All in all, back to the topic 

1.) I don't believe threads that rip high profile Jet fans are good - it shows what a pathetic bunch of losers the common fans of this team are.

2.) Every Jet fan has the right to get into the stands, at a game or at the drafts, and over-react to the dumb sh*t this team does. Dumb or not. We've all earned it. We shouldn't attack our own for expressing the rigor of rooting for this team in whatever way comes natural to them.

The real enemy here is Woody.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

1.) I don't believe threads that rip high profile Jet fans are good - it shows what a pathetic bunch of losers the common fans of this team are.

2.) Every Jet fan has the right to get into the stands, at a game or at the drafts, and over-react to the dumb sh*t this team does. Dumb or not. We've all earned it. We shouldn't attack our own for expressing the rigor of rooting for this team in whatever way comes natural to them.

OK Gary. 

Hey I have a question about personal branding, can you help me out?

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Without a doubt. Always has been, always will be.

2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

For the record, I still think people who go out of their way to get on television are idiots. 

And I believe recent history has proven me correct. 

Who is the bigger idiot?

The idiot who gets on TV for no reason and make 6 figures, or the idiot who pays him?

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I get that...lol. I feel like they're 2 completely different people though based on their posting. 

I wish I was him. I.could be obnoxious and wealthy. I'm just obnoxious. I think I made a joke about it being me on the draft thread 8 years ago cause I despised the Sanchez pick. Thor since then can not be convinced otherwise since 17 intelligence agencies and the Jetnation modstaff claim I have the same IP, which I think is impossible. Very Fake News!

2 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I wish I was him. I.could be obnoxious and wealthy. I'm just obnoxious. I think I made a joke about it being me on the draft thread 8 years ago cause I despised the Sanchez pick. Thor since than can not be convinced otherwise since 17 intelligence agencies and the Jetnation modstaff claim I have the same IP, which I think is impossible. Very Fake News!

So Thor is providing alternative facts?  Why am I not surprised?

FWIW - I like you, a lot and it was just a little confusing thinking you're the same dude.  

Archived