Bollinger's stats vs. Vinny's

Preston Howley III

OK, this is what Bolly did last week:

28 attempts for 14 completions; a total of 149 yards.

His longest reception was 34 yards to McCarriens in the 4th quarter.

Zero points.

I expect out of Vinny today to at least have:

14 completions

200 yards passing

1 TD pass

If he can't even do that, then he is a complete waste of money, and Herm's an even bigger jerk off than I already thought.

Martin capturing the NFL rushing crown is pushed back until about 2014 at this level of production. And he has to hope that he still has the Master Bator to tell us all what a WARRIOR he is.

Vinny was 19 for 167 yrds, 1 INT 0 TD's.

Not much better than Bollywood, but the Jets won, so it's all good.

Martin was horrible; 22 carries for 58 yards,

*2 TD's.

*Ty Law INT put Jets on first and goal; Martin needed two carries and a Ronde Barber penalty to punch it in; second TD, he needed 4 downs and and squeaked it in on 4th down.

Defense won the game today.

Vinny was 19 for 167 yrds, 1 INT 0 TD's.

Not much better than Bollywood, but the Jets won, so it's all good.

Martin was horrible; 22 carries for 58 yards,

*2 TD's.

*Ty Law INT put Jets on first and goal; Martin needed two carries and a Ronde Barber penalty to punch it in; second TD, he needed 4 downs and and squeaked it in on 4th down.

Defense won the game today.

That's the line and you know it but that doesn't make for as good a story.

That's the line and you know it but that doesn't make for as good a story.

It just goes to show you that stats don't tell the complete story. I thought the Jets offense was much improved with Vinny at QB, and I'm glad they won and I think as the season goes on, Vinny will get better. He didn't look rusty, to me. Same ol' Vinny.

But Ty Law's INT is the reason the Jets are 2-3 instead of 1-4. :wink:

It just goes to show you that stats don't tell the complete story. I thought the Jets offense was much improved with Vinny at QB, and I'm glad they won and I think as the season goes on, Vinny will get better. He didn't look rusty, to me. Same ol' Vinny.

But Ty Law's INT is the reason the Jets are 2-3 instead of 1-4. :wink:

True and Chrebet is the reason we are not 3-2.

• 3 weeks later...

i can't believe people seriously think bollinger should start. i'm sick of the "any 6th rounder can be the next tom brady" nonesense. brady had proven himself worthy of the #2 seat before bledsoe went down, bollinger couldn't do that and has been the perennial #3. hell, there is a good chance brady was better than bledsoe in practice but how do you bench a legend until he gets hurt? if bollinger couldn't even beat out quincy carter in practice how the F can anyone seriously say he should start? also, why do you think the jets wouldn't open it up against the ravens? BECAUSE BOLLINGER SUCKS. people blame dinger for using a limited playbook-- well this kid knew the playbook, that's not the problem-- dinger just knew he couldn't execute 90% of the plays in there. the argument that we should "see what we've got in bollinger to see if he can cut it as a backup in the league" is also flawed. dinger knows what he's got in bollinger, AND HE DOESN'T LIKE IT. we've already got a competent backup for rivers next year and his name is................. jay fiedler.

Archived