Should I watch this game:

uart

1) At the official "Jets fan club" bar in Marietta, GA (30 mins away without traffic). I am not a member of their club, and apparently won't be allowed to sit in their special section of the bar. There will be a lot of Jets fans there, and very few Colts fans.

OR

2) At a friends place, 5 minutes down the road. He's a big Jets fan. There are two problems: a) the only other game I watched there was the Dolphins on MNF -- bad result and B) he's going to have colts fans and fish fans at his apt. as well. OTOH, the beer will be much cheaper, and my friend is bigger than the Colts/Fin fans.

Thoughts?

1) At the official "Jets fan club" bar in Marietta, GA (30 mins away without traffic). I am not a member of their club, and apparently won't be allowed to sit in their special section of the bar. There will be a lot of Jets fans there, and very few Colts fans.

OR

2) At a friends place, 5 minutes down the road. He's a big Jets fan. There are two problems: a) the only other game I watched there was the Dolphins on MNF -- bad result and B) he's going to have colts fans and fish fans at his apt. as well. OTOH, the beer will be much cheaper, and my friend is bigger than the Colts/Fin fans.

Thoughts?

I REALLY want to go to a bar to watch but I've watched the last 3 weeks at a friends wearing the same stuff and don't want to mess with the mojo!!

My family and I have been JETS fans since like, whenever, my way older brother worked in PR for them and so did my neighbor. Still, we never really watched games together... until wildcard weekend. We've had a family get-together for the wild card game AND divisional game and both worked fine so I'm riding this one out all the way... it's been great celebrating with the family and that will continue this sunday!

Couldn't watch games in a bar. Would go ****ing crazy.

+1

Not of the age yet, but I can't imagine myself sitting in a crowded ass bar during a big game. Plus, I hate Super Bowl parties.

I just want to sit in my quiet living room feeling comfortable, and focusing ONLY on the football game.

I HATE watching games in a bar. Buncha drunk bandwagon dooshes high-diving each other over stuff they barely comprehend, comparing Sanchez to "Dan Montana," bitchy bartenders leaving you with an empty beer mug while they're on the other side of the bar arranging to give fellatio to some dickholes wearing Kevin Mawae and John Abraham jerseys. Just, bleh. Go to your friend's place and bring a broadsword. They'll leave you alone.

OR

Thoughts?

Stay home and watch by yourself. Its the only way.

OR

Thoughts?

where did you watch the last 2? dont break the pattern

OR

Thoughts?

Watch it EXACTLY where you watched it the last 2 weeks. I am !!

3) in the basement all alone with a TV, beer, honey BBQ ribs, a revis jersey, and a rabbits foot

+1

If the Jets win and I'm not able to fly home and watch it with my buddies, I'm watching it in my room by myself instead of going to one of the three SB parties on base.

To add to this: I watched last week at my apartment. I watched the Bengals game at a bar. The week before that, I watched at my apartment.

In the playoffs I watched both games while wearing Villanova gear (because the playoff games were on the same days as Villanova games -- I watched the wildcard round at the same bar as my Villanova game-watch). I plan to wear a Villanova t-shirt under my Revis jersey on sunday... but I haven't been consistent on location, except that I haven't watched any games with "the enemy."

OR

Thoughts?

#1.

enjoy with lots of fellow fans,,or drink sorrows away as well..

tip on getting a good seat if u not a special member..fake a severe limp on way in and then say, 'hey i heard this was a jets bar ,can I watch with y'all? Hey here is $20 towards any club fees or just put towards any way u see fit for your fan club'..u will be in solid :D get there by 1 Pm, 1:30 at latest..this doesnt work when all seats are full :(

In the same dilemma, meeting up with work friends at a bar or doing things at home. Between paying for drinks, food and whatever else you do better off having your own supply and not have to worry about tips, holding bar stools, douche bag/drunk/uninformed fans.

Just make sure your not around:

1. Giant fans (who hate the Jets success)

2. Patriot fans

3. Dolphin fans

In the same dilemma, meeting up with work friends at a bar or doing things at home. Between paying for drinks, food and whatever else you do better off having your own supply and not have to worry about tips, holding bar stools, douche bag/drunk/uninformed fans.

Just make sure your not around:

1. Giant fans (who hate the Jets success)

2. Patriot fans

3. Dolphin fans

At my friend's house, there will be at least one dolphin fan and a Colts fan. When I watched MNF there earlier this season there were multiple dolphin fans. Good guys, but not while I'm watching the Jets.

Archived