Well, the Jets have found their HC

PatriotReign37

He took the team as far as the Tuna in his rookie season and turned the town upside down. The players gained valuable post season experience.

Woody has to be very pleased.

What impressed me more then anything about Ryan this season was how much he has seemingly learned on the job. He did a great job continuously making adjustments as the season went along until he finally found something that really worked...and he rode it all the way into Indy today. Very refreshing to see after the Groh/Edwards/Mangini era who were either too stubborn (Mangini, Groh) or inept (Edwards) to make such adjustments from week-to-week.

What impressed me more then anything about Ryan this season was how much he has seemingly learned on the job. He did a great job continuously making adjustments as the season went along until he finally found something that really worked...and he rode it all the way into Indy today. Very refreshing to see after the Groh/Edwards/Mangini era who were either too stubborn (Mangini, Groh) or inept (Edwards) to make such adjustments from week-to-week.

Yup, and Sanchez played better when Ryan got involved.

I know exactly how you guys feel.

I was at Indy for the AFCC game when NE lost.

No... you don't.

That loss to Indy came after 3 SB victories in 5 years. Ours was the 1st time we made it to the AFCCG since '98. I only wish I knew exactly how that must've felt as a Pats fan.

Anyway, hopefully we can both be entertained by Ryan/Sanchez vs. Bellichick/Brady battles down the road the next few years. Would be nice to see these two (Ryan, Sanchez) can develop in a manner similar in which Belly and Brady developed together... And maybe even overtake the old powers sometime soon.

I know its not the first time I've felt this way after a playoff loss, but I really am excited for what the future has in store.

Have to be pleased with Ryan, the guy has been great. Although there's not a doubt in the world that he's got a good bit of his old man in him. Thankfully he already seems to be a better HC then Buddy ever was. The only slightly negative thing I would ever think of saying is he just needs to make sure not to let his emotions get the best of him.

I can't ever remember seeing a head coach loose his call as badly as Ryan did on that horrid no-call on that Sanchez hit. Now granted, I agreed with him being pissed off 100%, was still kind of crazy to see though. But hell, I'm thrilled to have the guy and if that's the only thing there is to say, that's pretty damn good. Besides, on the flip side the players seem to love the emotional side of Ryan. Either way, this team got so much further than anyone expected or that this team has gotten in quite some time, and under a lot of difficult circumstances. In the end, he seemed to have learned a lot along the way and built a team with a top notch defense, and a tough team all around. Good ****.

No... you don't.

That loss to Indy came after 3 SB victories in 5 years. Ours was the 1st time we made it to the AFCCG since '98. I only wish I knew exactly how that must've felt as a Pats fan.

Its the same. To be that close to a SB appearance and not get it done.

Losing a SB is even worse.

He took the team as far as the Tuna in his rookie season and turned the town upside down. The players gained valuable post season experience.

Woody has to be very pleased.

Nice post.

Jets come out of the 2009/2010 season with 3 major accomplishments:

1) A head coach who is an innovator and smart

2) Franchise QB

3) A Super Bowl contender now & into the future

Lots to look forward to

I can't ever remember seeing a head coach loose his call as badly as Ryan did on that horrid no-call on that Sanchez hit. Now granted, I agreed with him being pissed off 100%, was still kind of crazy to see though. But hell, I'm thrilled to have the guy and if that's the only thing there is to say, that's pretty damn good. Besides, on the flip side the players seem to love the emotional side of Ryan. Either way, this team got so much further than anyone expected or that this team has gotten in quite some time, and under a lot of difficult circumstances. In the end, he seemed to have learned a lot along the way and built a team with a top notch defense, and a tough team all around. Good ****.

That's exactly why every player on this team wants to end their career playing for this coach. They know that he's got their backs. Frankly, I thought that was awesome.

I'm thrilled with Ryan. He's a smart coach, and he's excellent with his players. Seems to have the right touch, too. Two things that really stood out to me this year were his benching of Rhodes, and leaving Sanchez home when they went down to Tampa. Both players responded extremely positively afterwards. Rhodes never became Ed Reed, but he did start to show up on the stat lines, and Sanchez really finally got the concept that all he was being asked to do was manage the game. I think Sanchez could've played against Tampa that week, and would've if Ryan didn't think sending a message was more important.

As he got more comfortable in the big chair, he stuck his nose in the offense. Initially Schottie seemed a little peeved about that at first, but by the end of the season he didn't want to leave for a promotion. I think Rex might know people better than he knows football, and it's very clear he knows football.

That's exactly why every player on this team wants to end their career playing for this coach. They know that he's got their backs. Frankly, I thought that was awesome.

I'm thrilled with Ryan. He's a smart coach, and he's excellent with his players. Seems to have the right touch, too. Two things that really stood out to me this year were his benching of Rhodes, and leaving Sanchez home when they went down to Tampa. Both players responded extremely positively afterwards. Rhodes never became Ed Reed, but he did start to show up on the stat lines, and Sanchez really finally got the concept that all he was being asked to do was manage the game. I think Sanchez could've played against Tampa that week, and would've if Ryan didn't think sending a message was more important.

As he got more comfortable in the big chair, he stuck his nose in the offense. Initially Schottie seemed a little peeved about that at first, but by the end of the season he didn't want to leave for a promotion. I think Rex might know people better than he knows football, and it's very clear he knows football.

Agreed, I thought it was awesome to see him have their backs like that. Mangini woulda stood there with a blank expression and chewed just a little bit harder on that gum. I wish it would've made an impact though. If that were Belly then you know the make up call would've been coming, but we don't get one. Though I guess Cindy would've gotten the flag to begin with so...

thanks 3-7...not one Jets fan anywhere in the country thought we'd get this far this year-not ONE. In fact there were even some idiots here who were saying we should get Bill Cowher and fire Ryan this winter and that Sanchez was a bust (Ok, I may have been one of them).

Dude, you have no idea what that word means. Please stop using it.

What a clown.

Dude, he started a positive thread about the Jets, and was completely respectful. He's a guy I've butt heads with a number of times before, but come on. Lay down the sword, the season is over and him, and crashingjet, came here and congratulated us on what was truly a season to be proud of.

Not everything has to be a fight. :rolleyes:

Dude, he started a positive thread about the Jets, and was completely respectful. He's a guy I've butt heads with a number of times before, but come on. Lay down the sword, the season is over and him, and crashingjet, came here and congratulated us on what was truly a season to be proud of.

Not everything has to be a fight. :rolleyes:

All I am saying is it's ridiculous for him to compare losing the AFC Championship Game when you've seen your team win three SBs in the previous 5-7 years and when you've never even seen your team play in the SB. It's a classic passive-aggressive troll tactic. He is inviting attack while trying to look like he is above the fray. At least ALK or TX would have the decency to just be outright douchy, not cover their douchiness by being passive-aggressive like this clown.

He's the one who's got to go with his "stay classy" nonsense. I just responding by pointing out some simple truths like he wouldn't know class if it smacked him upside the head. Gainzo and Garb are classy trolls. PR37 is a clown.

As for cj, he went out of his way to point out that the Dolphins swept the Jets while "congratulating" us. But I'm fine with that because at least cj has a sense of humor, unlike PR37 and his butt buddy PFSIKH, who conveniently hasn't been around in a few weeks. :-k

All I am saying is it's ridiculous for him to compare losing the AFC Championship Game when you've seen your team win three SBs in the previous 5-7 years and when you've never even seen your team play in the SB. It's a classic passive-aggressive troll tactic. He is inviting attack while trying to look like he is above the fray. At least ALK or TX would have the decency to just be outright douchy, not cover their douchiness by being passive-aggressive like this clown.

He's the one who's got to go with his "stay classy" nonsense. I just responding by pointing out some simple truths like he wouldn't know class if it smacked him upside the head. Gainzo and Garb are classy trolls. PR37 is a clown.

As for cj, he went out of his way to point out that the Dolphins swept the Jets while "congratulating" us. But I'm fine with that because at least cj has a sense of humor, unlike PR37 and his butt buddy PFSIKH, who conveniently hasn't been around in a few weeks. :-k

if you feel that way then why respond? Just ignore the thread Kleck-some of us happen to like a lot of these guys and just because you think someone is a 'clown" doesn't mean you should be saying it...I'm not crazy about a couple of guys (rival fans) but I won't make remarks in front of the world- I'll just kind of ignore them

if you feel that way then why respond? Just ignore the thread Kleck-some of us happen to like a lot of these guys and just because you think someone is a 'clown" doesn't mean you should be saying it...I'm not crazy about a couple of guys (rival fans) but I won't make remarks in front of the world- I'll just kind of ignore them

SoFla, this dude attacks me all the time. Please don't make me out to be the bad guy here. Guy baits people and generally acts like a douche so one positive comment makes it ok?

There are Pats fans on here that I like too. One that attacks me because I routinely make him look moronic deserves to be smacked around as much as I can smack his ass around. Gainzo is a Pats fan who comes here looking for good football debate, PR37 is a troll. There is a huge difference. Trolls deserve no respect.

Get over yourself. Losing a SB when you've seen your team win three in the last 7 years ain't that bad compared to never having seen your team so much as play in one.

Losing a SB is losing a SB, regardless of whether you won 3 in the last 7 years or haven't in 40+.

SoFla, this dude attacks me all the time. Please don't make me out to be the bad guy here. Guy baits people and generally acts like a douche so one positive comment makes it ok?

There are Pats fans on here that I like too. One that attacks me because I routinely make him look moronic deserves to be smacked around as much as I can smack his ass around. Gainzo is a Pats fan who comes here looking for good football debate, PR37 is a troll. There is a huge difference. Trolls deserve no respect.

Stay classy.

For the record, Garb cant stand you.

I see your point Kleck - but trust me, it was painful. You can't exactly feel, nor minimize, someone elses pain. As a Pats fan, losing the Champ game in 2006 was PAINFUL. A lead gone and comeback for the ages at the hands of your arch-enemy. Sucks.

Anyway, what I saw yesterday was a QB becoming a "man." Sanchez is tough as nails. He will only get better. Shone Green is an amazing back and the o-line is solid as a rock. Honestly, the only weakness I see is safety play and the lack of an organic pass rush.

What I noticed yesterday is that Manning only threw towards Revis twice maybe? Short stuff. No ego, just smarts. I hope Brady and BB were watching. Revis is the premier corner in the league. There is no use trying to burn him one on one. Set your damned ego aside, stop trying to placate Moss, play effin smart.

Archived