Well, I Guess There's No Better Time Then Now To.........

The Gun Of Bavaria

I was pleasantly surprised at how well Vinny played and it was awesome to watch the passing game with a QB who actually has an arm.

He definitely provided a much needed spark, gave a boost of confidence to the O, and took some pressure off of the O-Line, (i-e, Tampa could not stack the box and dare us to throw) however....

This offense has flaws much, much deeper than QB and kicker. Heimerdinger certainly has his work cut out for him.

Thankfully, our defense is simply wonderful. They make watching the Jets worthwhile. I LOVE Donnie Henderson.

They are not however, ready to carry this team ala The 2000 Ravens. They're getting close, but they're not quite there yet.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well Vinny played and it was awesome to watch the passing game with a QB who actually has an arm.

He definitely provided a much needed spark, gave a boost of confidence to the O, and took some pressure off of the O-Line, (i-e, Tampa could not stack the box and dare us to throw) however....

This offense has flaws much, much deeper than QB and kicker. Heimerdinger certainly has his work cut out for him.

Thankfully, our defense is simply wonderful. They make watching the Jets worthwhile. I LOVE Donnie Henderson.

They are not however, ready to carry this team ala The 2000 Ravens. They're getting close, but they're not quite there yet.

That is exactly what I would type if I had the impetus and the energy. Excellent post, and POTD!

Let's put the Tampa game in perspective.

Cadillac Williams did not play in the game.

Griese was Griese. Sometimes good sometimes awufl.

The thing I did like about the game though is that the OL gave Vinny some time to make his reads and throw the ball. Something they were not doing with Chad.

Let's also not forget the fact that the Jets had only 59 yds total the entire first half. Now maybe some of that is rust, or maybe the just are not gonna be that good offensively this year.

The AFC East is not going to be the powerhouse that we have seen in the past. New England is coming down. Miami still has a ways to go. Buffalo ? Who knows. They have already benched Losman, Spikes is done for the year. They don't look like a contender yet.

Vinny just needs to keep holding down the fort and the Defense has to keep playing like madmen.

Vinny has something left in the tank, but he doesn't have a magic wand. I could be wrong, but I don't think any team has ever won a SB with a RB who averages 66 YPG.

Actually Jetmo in 03 the Pat backs avg 40 yds per game! Of course they had 182/178 a piece so Smith/Faulk together avg 80 yds per game!! Oh and for the record Martin is avg 57 ypg not 66!! :wink:

The better question is, did beating Tampa Bay, or did Tampa Bay beating itself, buy Herm another year at the helm? Or is Woody not that stupid?

we can do well vs running teams,,,

clock slows down, keeps our defense rested, less chances for our offense etc...

tampa bay had jet w all over it...

Archived