KERRY RHODES TRADED!!!!

SoFlaJets

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a thought here. I know it's a need now but can we please not make Bethea the second coming. He's a really good, tough player and would be an upgrade but let's not go overboard. I hope we don't give up a 1st for him.

Most Jets fans still think in terms of the individual.

Rhodes did NOT make this team better, so the key is finding a player that complements the rest of the players around him... thus improving the whole.

Most fans will want a "stud" they can worship and a jersey to buy. Personally, I just want a FS that plays the position the way it should be played in Rex's defense. That player doesn't need to be a stud or a star, just a player that does his job.

Rhodes consistently didn't do his job. Last year. The year before. He didn't do his job, and made the players around him worse... not better.

Others will cry if we don't replace their "star" with another "star." I won't.

Just a thought here. I know it's a need now but can we please not make Bethea the second coming. He's a really good, tough player and would be an upgrade but let's not go overboard. I hope we don't give up a 1st for him.

Yep.

Supposedly with the uncapped rules, teams will be trying to negotiate down the pick compensation for RFAs.

That's why Marshall left Seattle without an offersheet. Supposedly, the Seahawks will be working with Denver trying lower the pick.

I'd be okay with the Jets 2nd, but nothing more.

Rhodes did NOT make this team better, so the key is finding a player that complements the rest of the players around him... thus improving the whole.

Most fans will want a "stud" they can worship and a jersey to buy. Personally, I just want a FS that plays the position the way it should be played in Rex's defense. That player doesn't need to be a stud or a star, just a player that does his job.

Rhodes consistently didn't do his job. Last year. The year before. He didn't do his job, and made the players around him worse... not better.

I love this post. Excellent points.

Well said. I like it!

Yep.

Supposedly with the uncapped rules, teams will be trying to negotiate down the pick compensation for RFAs.

That's why Marshall left Seattle without an offersheet. Supposedly, the Seahawks will be working with Denver trying lower the pick.

I'd be okay with the Jets 2nd, but nothing more.

a second for bethea is a good move. We grab a solid pass rusher in the first... 2nd to bethea maybe move up in the 3rd and grab shipley. aka superbowl!

Well said!

Not thrilled.

Cards just got an extra 3rd, too, trading Boldin. I thought that was fair value. Tanny does all these deals when he trades for players that involve the compensatory picks, why couldn't he get that with the 2011 pick?

But what's done is done.

I seriously hope that some of the suggestions on here aren't in Tanny's thought process. I hope they moved Kerry thinking Smith/Ihedigbo can man the position, and maybe spend a later pick on a developmental guy. Bethea was a 6th rounder. Getting a 4th for Kerry and then turning around and spending a high pick on his replacement is poor business.

Hoping for a poison pill offer sheet to Atogwe.

a second for bethea is a good move. We grab a solid pass rusher in the first... 2nd to bethea maybe move up in the 3rd and grab shipley. aka superbowl!

seriously might be able to get Shipley in the 4th. If so I would droll with delight.

Seriously though, if they hit a home run with the pass rusher and then could get Bethea and Ship(however it would work)...**** yeah, I'm excited!

LOL, this other FS guy sounds like he'll do alright but he'll only have like 5 twitter followers......PASS, ROFL

I agree 100,000,000 % ... theres a multitude of genius's that don't agree with that but I'd have been up for flat cutting him. Obviously no need to do that - so anything we get with those picks is gravy in my book.

I agree 100,000,000 % ... theres a multitude of genius's that don't agree with that but I'd have been up for flat cutting him. Obviously no need to do that - so anything we get with those picks is gravy in my book.

Yeah, I think Rex knows what this team needs (or doesn't) on defense. I'm fine with the 4th.

How did we improve our defense with this trade? I wouldve rather Kerry RHodes played 1 more year under the Rex defense then trade him if he sucked again.

We just opened another unnecessary hole for no reason

I have 2 distinct & mutually exclusive thoughts on all this:

1. Considering what the Jets gave up for Cromartie, a better & younger player at a more important position, the Jets got fair value for Rhodes.

2. I didn't see any need in getting rid of Rhodes. I thought the solution to the Rhodes situation was Rhodes playing better. Tanny likes to fill needs in FA/trades and flexibility in the draft. Tanny just went against that.

In a nutshell: good value but bad trade.

You know what's funny?

If the Jets had traded back from the 3rd round and gotten a 4th and a 7th, all the "trade back itzzz geennniuzzzz cuz da Pats do it" yahoos would be off to Rite-Aid for a fresh bottle of lotion.

Has Tanny EVER gotten less than what a player is worth in a trade?

NO.

In fact, he is notorious for fleecing other teams. So, my confidence is in his ability to move Rhodes (a mediocre player) for mediocre picks.

At the end of the day, so far this offseason the Jets have netted Antonio Cromartie, a 2010 4th rounder and a 2011 7th rounder... in exchange for Rhodes and a 2011 3rd rounder. IMO Cromartie for Rhodes is a wash. Therefore our 2011 3rd rounder was turned into a 2010 4th and a 2011 7th. Which is, I think, tilted in favor of the Jets getting more....

When did Rhodes make a Probowl? Was I hibernating or something?

Dolphins fans thinks he's a ProBowl safety :rl:

Kerry Rhodes traded to the Cardinals

Quote:

Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: Arizona trades a fourth-round pick this

year and a seventh next year for Jets S Kerry Rhodes

Well, he was a pro bowl Safety so his leaving the division is only good news for the Dolphins. imho

Yeah, I think Rex knows what this team needs (or doesn't) on defense. I'm fine with the 4th.

Yeah, based on his talent I can understand why guys like slats would want a little more but I like where the majority of fans are going. Good riddance basically. He was a train with square wheels. A water gun that squirts jelly. A charlie in the box...

You know what's funny?

If the Jets had traded back from the 3rd round and gotten a 4th and a 7th, all the "trade back itzzz geennniuzzzz cuz da Pats do it" yahoos would be off to Rite-Aid for a fresh bottle of lotion.

Has Tanny EVER gotten less than what a player is worth in a trade?

NO.

In fact, he is notorious for fleecing other teams. So, my confidence is in his ability to move Rhodes (a mediocre player) for mediocre picks.

At the end of the day, so far this offseason the Jets have netted Antonio Cromartie, a 2010 4th rounder and a 2011 7th rounder... in exchange for Rhodes and a 2011 3rd rounder. IMO Cromartie for Rhodes is a wash. Therefore our 2011 3rd rounder was turned into a 2010 4th and a 2011 7th. Which is, I think, tilted in favor of the Jets getting more....

ok, so we don't need to go after a cb in the first two rounds, but now we need to get a safety. This draft had some decent cb's, but safeties i'm not to sure about. Unless we work a trade for one or try and sign one. This trade made us weaker in the fact that we still need to replace rhodes.

How did we improve our defense with this trade? I wouldve rather Kerry RHodes played 1 more year under the Rex defense then trade him if he sucked again.

We just opened another unnecessary hole for no reason

What is he worth if he sucks again next year, if he was only worth a 4th now? Who do you think knows there **** better, you or Rex Ryan? We where not a better team with Rhodes, he become an even bigger liability with the Cromartie signing. I don't like Cromartie's attitude towards contact but I can forgive a corner who's a ***** with hitting more so then a safety but no way we can have them both back there at the same timeplaying tummy sticks.

Yeah, based on his talent I can understand why guys like slats would want a little more...

I'm not gonna bitch about it, just a little disappointed. Just thought he was worth the 3rd - especially with the Cards having a couple of them.

ok, so we don't need to go after a cb in the first two rounds, but now we need to get a safety. This draft had some decent cb's, but safeties i'm not to sure about. Unless we work a trade for one or try and sign one. This trade made us weaker in the fact that we still need to replace rhodes.

I really, really hope they aren't thinking that way. I'd like to think Tanny has a firmer plan in place. That either they're reasonably satisfied with Smith/Ihedgibo, plan to go after Atogwe, or have some other low cost (especially in picks) idea in mind.

Getting a fourth for Kerry, then spending a 1st or 2nd on his replacement would piss me off.

Getting a 4th for Kerry and then turning around and spending a high pick on his replacement is poor business.

It could be looked at as poor business if the player you trade was getting the job done to the expectations of the team and had an upside. I'll trust Rex that he wasn't doing the job necessary (and wholeheartedly agree) with more potential downside, like sitting on the bench, than upside.

Isnt Otogwe/Atogwe whatever the hell his nameis a UFA? If he is we can't sign him SMH

He's a RFA with the lowest "right of first refusal" tender placed on him - no picks involved! A poison pill deal gets it done.

Archived