Who would you rather have at quarterback?

nj meadowlands

I saw that the always objective Mark Cannizzarro had the story today about how we should all be excited that Chad is gonna come back next year. Thanks Chad! Please. We should throw every game for the rest of the season to get Matt Leinart. Maybe Chad can be our $64 million dollar holder if he can stay healthy.

Getting Chad back is a nightmare because it's one more season that will be pissed down the tubes waiting for Chad to 'show up'.

I realized today that Doug Flutie has more Pro Bowls then Chad.

Only the Jets would be stupid enough to waste another season waiting for a QB that is going on his second RC/Labrum surgery to get better. Psssst, Jets: They don't "get better."

Id rather have the following play Qb for the NY Jets then Chad Pennington next season...

1. Gun Of Bavaria

2. LimoLady

3. Handfull of Pubic Hair

4. Faba

5. Herman Edwards

6. Ryan Leaf

7. Akili Smith

8. Michele Tofoya

I'm a little upset that I can't beat out "handful of pubic hair." Obviously you've never seen me run the option.

I'm a little upset that I can't beat out "handful of pubic hair." Obviously you've never seen me run the option.

The pubic hair is very nimble in a strong wind...and Tofoya beat you out because of her read and recognition skills.

Lose a couple pounds and come see me next fall chubby.

I saw that the always objective Mark Cannizzarro had the story today about how we should all be excited that Chad is gonna come back next year. Thanks Chad! Please. We should throw every game for the rest of the season to get Matt Leinart. Maybe Chad can be our $64 million dollar holder if he can stay healthy.

Nah! CHAD would probably break his finger while picking his nose! Let him ride into the sunset with his big contract. he will be an Ok ARENA LEAGUE QB!

The one thing I know for sure is that there is no way we can count on Chad for our future- a QB plan for the future is mandatory excluding him

And give me 64 million and I will suit up

-on second thought the way our offensive line has played this year I do not know about that

I would love for the moderators to keep some kind of thread of all of the Chad haters and then next year see how it spins just like it did after the Minny preseason game. Granted he has not played a full season healthy but face it he is going to be the starter again next year. The Jets financially cannot afford another big name without cutting other players or a major trade including J Abe which would be stupid. To me it all starts with the COACH.. Herm has no clue how to handle injured players or a team.

He'll be back. But waiting around for him isn't good for the franchise. They will have to have another pro available or a draft pick rather than wishfully hoping this guy can play 16 games.

Wow, twice in one day. We are on a role.

I agree.

It is time to pick the NEXT NYJ QB for 2007 and beyond.

Depending on how Vinny does this year, it would be interesting to see a 2nd/3rd quality QB (a steal) in the mix with Chad and Vinny. You have wise old Vinny to guide the young buck, help out Chad and someone who can REALLY take over if Chad goes down.

Or, depending on Jay's contract, have Chad, Jay, Vinny and do the QB thing in 2007.

BZ

I don't see any reason to run the guy down. He's just the product of another bad incident in a series of unfortunate events that accumulated during the continueing legacy of the Bradway/Edwards error.

He was not properly evaluated during the pre-season, mainly because the Jets were once again in transition, implementing a new offensive scheme run by a new OC.

Priorities were out of whack.

Does Chadf deserve another chance? Sure.

Should Chad restructure his contract if he fails to produce next year? Definitely.

Should the Jets draft a QB and begin planing for Chad's replacement? MOST Definitely.

It would be terrible planning on the FO's part for them to not look to the future and begin researching QBs. It's time to look for those 2nd or 3rd rounders that might make a difference, since we're not getting Leinart and from what I hear QB pickins are slim next year.

If the Jets aren't planning on the chance that they'll have to replace Chad and move in another direction they're fools.

Does Chadf deserve another chance? Sure.

Should Chad restructure his contract if he fails to produce next year? Definitely.

Should the Jets draft a QB and begin planing for Chad's replacement? MOST Definitely.

It would be terrible planning on the FO's part for them to not look to the future and begin researching QBs. It's time to look for those 2nd or 3rd rounders that might make a difference, since we're not getting Leinart and from what I hear QB pickins are slim next year.

If the Jets aren't planning on the chance that they'll have to replace Chad and move in another direction they're fools.

Good post GOB.

I would hope the JETS FO is thinking along the same lines.

Wow, twice in one day. We are on a role.

I agree.

It is time to pick the NEXT NYJ QB for 2007 and beyond.

Depending on how Vinny does this year, it would be interesting to see a 2nd/3rd quality QB (a steal) in the mix with Chad and Vinny. You have wise old Vinny to guide the young buck, help out Chad and someone who can REALLY take over if Chad goes down.

Or, depending on Jay's contract, have Chad, Jay, Vinny and do the QB thing in 2007.

BZ

IF Chad goes down?

IF Chad goes down?

Ok, I agree that at this point you have to figure Chad is going to get hurt at some point during the season not only looking at the entire NFL history but at his own personal history.

Hey, The Jets knew it and that is why they got Jay.

They just didn't know that Jay would go down QUICKER than Chad. :)

BZ

Getting Chad back is a nightmare because it's one more season that will be pissed down the tubes waiting for Chad to 'show up'.

I realized today that Doug Flutie has more Pro Bowls then Chad.

Don't get wrong, I don't wish harm on anyone, but I hope Chad threw his last pass for the Jets.

He never did anything for me to prove that he was that good.

If his #1 reciever was covered, he was clueless as to what reciever to go to next, that is unless that reciever was CM who was 3 yards in front of him.

Archived