I'm Taking a Stand......

Smizzy

I don't want Chad Pennington back next yr or any yr he feels healthy enough to play.

Besides the point his shoulder is chop meat and he will never be able to throw the ball with any velocity again....When he was "Healthy" he sucked.

The NY Jets made a mistake with Chad....Should have never drafted him. Never should have paid him that kinda of coin. Now they will waste the next 3 yrs of this franchise trying to put him back into a uniform and onto the field.

Thanks for throwing the future in the garbage.

He will not be the only QB in camp next year...Fiedler, McNair, Simms,Schaub, a draft pick. There's no way that anyone is coming in to camp in 2006 depending on or waiting for Pennington. if he can come back and be effective, great. But the days of pining for him are over forever.

Meantime, 2005 ain't over yet. If this offense can give a reasonable facsimile of a competent unit, the defense is top flight.

He will not be the only QB in camp next year...Fiedler, McNair, Simms,Schaub, a draft pick. There's no way that anyone is coming in to camp in 2006 depending on or waiting for Pennington. if he can come back and be effective, great. But the days of pining for him are over forever.

Meantime, 2005 ain't over yet. If this offense can give a reasonable facsimile of a competent unit, the defense is top flight.

These are the Jets. Penny, Fiedler, Eakin. Book it.

you guys can declare whatever you want, feel emotionally attached to the player or not -

either way it's not going to change the reality of the cap and Chad's contract. He's coming back, he's going to try to start, that's what happens when you have 15 million unamortized. Deal with it.

you guys can declare whatever you want, feel emotionally attached to the player or not -

either way it's not going to change the reality of the cap and Chad's contract. He's coming back, he's going to try to start, that's what happens when you have 15 million unamortized. Deal with it.

I wonder if the next coach will take Penny seriously as he lofts up pathetic duck after pathetic duck?

I am dealing with it....but I won't like it.

Yeah, I agree.

By cutting him, we still need to count him against the cap, sign a starter and pay for a backup.

Keeping him, (hopefully renogotiated), well, he's an expensive backup, but ...it may be the less expensive option.

It's an unfortunate situation to be in, but, that's where we are.....

Yeah, I agree.

By cutting him, we still need to count him against the cap, sign a starter and pay for a backup.

Keeping him, (hopefully renogotiated), well, he's an expensive backup, but ...it may be the less expensive option.

It's an unfortunate situation to be in, but, that's where we are.....

I want drastic action. If we go into camp next year and he's the clear-cut #1, I will have trouble maintaining my positivity.

I want drastic action. If we go into camp next year and he's the clear-cut #1, I will have trouble maintaining my positivity.

You won't be the only one.

Geez, even Jets Freak would have a hard time putting a positive spin on that. 8)

At least I hope so. :mrgreen:

You won't be the only one.

Geez, even Jets Freak would have a hard time putting a positive spin on that. 8)

At least I hope so. :mrgreen:

Jetsfreak has never turned on the Jets. When he has something negative to say he just goes into hiding and waits for the next semi-pseudo-positive occurrence in Jets-land to rear his pretty head.

You know what's sad?

If Herm is still the coach of the Jets next year, you just know that there is a very good chance that Chad will be the starter.

His arm strength and health be damned.

I really like Chad. I do.

But I want what's best for the Jets!

I cannot see a scenario by which Herm returns as coach next year. There is a need to rebuild on the offensive side of the ball that will either cause Herm to walk away or cause Woody to start over. It has to absolutely kill him that the Giants now have a young foundation of talent that the Jets do not have, and which will ensure that they dominate the sports pages for the next decade if something drastic isn't done. If he needed any confirmation that the NY Jets are THE paradigm for the "second rate franchise," the whole West Side mess had to do it for him. Either Woodman gets pro-active to push the Jets to the next (ie credible) level, or he just bails water until he can sell the team in a few years and scurry back to Florida like a rat.

When he was "Healthy" he sucked.

The NY Jets made a mistake with Chad.

Should have never drafted him.

Never should have paid him that kinda of coin.

Now they will waste the next 3 yrs of this franchise trying to put him back into a uniform and onto the field.

Thanks for throwing the future in the garbage.

Smizz, did you just copy and paste one of my prior posts? :wink:

The much bigger issue here is if Penny never returns will TX reach 6,000 posts without his primary source of material?

Shelter, as long as Hermy is still around I am good to go.

I might have some serious problems if the Jets ax him however.

What the hell will I do without PennyBoy and Hermy around? :shock:

I wonder if the next coach will take Penny seriously as he lofts up pathetic duck after pathetic duck?

Maybe the Jets could release some ducks when Penny goes back to pass in order to confuse the D?? At any rate Penny should have a big plastic Fork attached to his uniform because he's done!! :roll:

Yes joewilly for Tom Shane to post a postive comment on the Jets- I will believe it when I see it

Shane's unwielding negativity has led me to only one conclusion.......................................................................................................................... He's not getting any.

Shane's unwielding negativity has led me to only one conclusion.......................................................................................................................... He's not getting any.

I think his Proctologist would disagree with you!! :wink:

if he retires due to the injury can't the jets amortize the signing bonus over the life of the contract? i am not sure if that is a rule, buti thought i read it some where.

to the best of my knowledge if Chad retires it's the same as if he has been cut. The bonus that hasn't counted against the cap accelerates.

Chad will be back and hopefully will be ready for prime time, but the Jets organization has to take steps to protect the QB position in more than a few ways.

1) Get a QB who is ready to step in and play as the starter for 2006/2007/2008

2) Rebuild some of the offensive line to get better protection.

I won't count Chad out till I have witnessed it, but it is not looking good at this point.

BZ

I posted before the season started that this was Chads year to put up or shut up as a Jet. He needed to be injury free and make NFL-caliber throws.

He failed, got injured even further, and now his even having ANY career as a player is in question.

The Jets MUST cut ties with him. This is a business, and its time to go in a different direction. SOmebody needs to say, "Sorry kid, you're a nice guy, but it just didn't work out".

This is a guy who was unable even BEFORE injury to throw an NFL Deep-Out or even a proper Hail Mary without EMBARRASSING himself. 2002 was fun, but that was a LOOOOONG time ago. The book is out, and now hes damaged goods.

HOW CAN ANY ORGANIZATION WITH A SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY PIN THEIR HOPES ON HIM??

They can't. ANd if they do....the Jets are truly the EMBARRASSMENT some opposing fans state they are.

Time to move on ASAP. Take the hit and start fresh NOW, not later, when its painfully obvious and PROVEN that Chad isn't bringing this team anywhere but to the brink of frustration.

Drafting Brady Quinn would be a great start...

Archived