I'm Taking a Stand......

Smizzy

I posted before the season started that this was Chads year to put up or shut up as a Jet. He needed to be injury free and make NFL-caliber throws.

He failed, got injured even further, and now his even having ANY career as a player is in question.

The Jets MUST cut ties with him. This is a business, and its time to go in a different direction. SOmebody needs to say, "Sorry kid, you're a nice guy, but it just didn't work out".

This is a guy who was unable even BEFORE injury to throw an NFL Deep-Out or even a proper Hail Mary without EMBARRASSING himself. 2002 was fun, but that was a LOOOOONG time ago. The book is out, and now hes damaged goods.

HOW CAN ANY ORGANIZATION WITH A SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY PIN THEIR HOPES ON HIM??

They can't. ANd if they do....the Jets are truly the EMBARRASSMENT some opposing fans state they are.

Time to move on ASAP. Take the hit and start fresh NOW, not later, when its painfully obvious and PROVEN that Chad isn't bringing this team anywhere but to the brink of frustration.

Drafting Brady Quinn would be a great start...

Nice to see you back JetMedic.

to the best of my knowledge if Chad retires it's the same as if he has been cut. The bonus that hasn't counted against the cap accelerates.

I think bitonti is correct. If this wasn't the case then teams would give long contracts to their old players, then avoid the cap repercussions by claiming all retirements are due to injury.

These are the Jets. Penny, Fiedler, Eakin. Book it.

I am a big fan of Pennington, but I really hope you are wrong here.

I feel fairly certain that he'll be back and that he'll be able to play, but no way can the Jets bank on that. At the bare minimum they must draft a QB for the future and they ought to find a better vet to back Pennington. There will be some guys who want to come here because they'll think they can play.

I want Pennington back on the field but I also think they need to get some competition at the position.

The idea that Pennington cannot play when healthy is a flat out fallacy.

What will it take for you Penny guys to realize that perhaps Penny isn't what he was billed to be and at a minimum we need to start grooming a replacement for the long term???

Granted, he isn't going anywhere with that awesome Terry Badway contract, but how much longer do you mortgage future success on the shoulders of a weak armed injury prone QB?

The idea that Pennington cannot play when healthy is a flat out fallacy.

He cannot stay healthy and on the field. He's going to have missed about 26 of a possible 48 regular season games over the last 3 years due to injuries. If he isn't on the field, doesn't matter.

What will it take for you Penny guys to realize that perhaps Penny isn't what he was billed to be and at a minimum we need to start grooming a replacement for the long term???

Granted, he isn't going anywhere with that awesome Terry Badway contract, but how much longer do you mortgage future success on the shoulders of a weak armed injury prone QB?

We have to go on as if Pennington does not exist. Wether that means cutting him or having him take a massive pay-cut, whatever we get from him in the future should be gravy. You can't expect anything from him at this point.

• 1 month later...
I don't want Chad Pennington back next yr or any yr he feels healthy enough to play.

Besides the point his shoulder is chop meat and he will never be able to throw the ball with any velocity again....When he was "Healthy" he sucked.

The NY Jets made a mistake with Chad....Should have never drafted him. Never should have paid him that kinda of coin. Now they will waste the next 3 yrs of this franchise trying to put him back into a uniform and onto the field.

Thanks for throwing the future in the garbage.

Yup I said it and I still feel that way.

You guys are in awe of our little cheerleader....I wanna puke.

I see Kids wearing his #10 and I just want to screem to them " Yea...Chad Pennington is a good QB and Santa and the Tooth Fairy are real too! "

i'll make sure my kids arent near you...LOL...unfort. they both have chad jerseys

Archived