Fins Ignoring Taylor, Jets may make a run?

Ace21Black

Dolphins ignoring Jason Taylor?

By Mark J. Miller

Jason Taylor(notes) was one of the better linebackers for the Miami Dolphins last year. The team has already lost another one, Joey Porter(notes), to the Arizona Cardinals. Yet the team continues to ignore free-agent Taylor, according to the Miami Herald. The paper reports that the 35-year-old's agent hasn't fielded one question from the Dolphins about Taylor and that head coach Tony Sparano hasn't returned any of Taylor's messages so far this offseason.

This is a guy who has been in the Dolphins organization, save one year with the Washington Redskins, since 1997 and was one of the team's captains last year. He apparently the last couple of matches with a hurt shoulder and had surgery on it after the season. Perhaps that is what's keeping the organization from saying anything to him.

Taylor tells the paper that he had the surgery in hopes of playing again this season and possibly more seasons after that. But he apparently only wants to do that with the Dolphins and the Dolphins aren't giving him anything either way to work with.

So if the New England Patriots or New York Jets try to snag him again as they did last year, Taylor might not be turning them back as he did before. This time, he may be a little more willing to try something new if his old team doesn't give him some indication of its plans for him soon.

Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.

Source: Miami Heraldnewwin12_1.gif

Thoughts? I wouldnt mind him for one year in a very limited role...A nice, hungry, veteran presence, who would want to knock the Fins' heads off...

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphins ignoring Jason Taylor?

By Mark J. Miller

Jason Taylor(notes) was one of the better linebackers for the Miami Dolphins last year. The team has already lost another one, Joey Porter(notes), to the Arizona Cardinals. Yet the team continues to ignore free-agent Taylor, according to the Miami Herald. The paper reports that the 35-year-old's agent hasn't fielded one question from the Dolphins about Taylor and that head coach Tony Sparano hasn't returned any of Taylor's messages so far this offseason.

This is a guy who has been in the Dolphins organization, save one year with the Washington Redskins, since 1997 and was one of the team's captains last year. He apparently the last couple of matches with a hurt shoulder and had surgery on it after the season. Perhaps that is what's keeping the organization from saying anything to him.

Taylor tells the paper that he had the surgery in hopes of playing again this season and possibly more seasons after that. But he apparently only wants to do that with the Dolphins and the Dolphins aren't giving him anything either way to work with.

So if the New England Patriots or New York Jets try to snag him again as they did last year, Taylor might not be turning them back as he did before. This time, he may be a little more willing to try something new if his old team doesn't give him some indication of its plans for him soon.

Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.

Source: Miami Heraldnewwin12_1.gif

Thoughts? I wouldnt mind him for one year in a very limited role...A nice, hungry, veteran presence, who would want to knock the Fins' heads off...

Why is it that everytime this jackass is available, the Jets are somehow linked as possibly being interested when they have never shown interest in him? Last year, Taylor said he would never want to play for the NY Jets. That would be akin to me saying I wouldn't play for the Jets (in both cases, the feeling would be mutual). I'd be shocked if the Jets were interested this time around either.

Why is it that everytime this jackass is available, the Jets are somehow linked as possibly being interested when they have never shown interest in him? Last year, Taylor said he would never want to play for the NY Jets. That would be akin to me saying I wouldn't play for the Jets (in both cases, the feeling would be mutual). I'd be shocked if the Jets were interested this time around either.

Didnt we make a play for him last year?

Didnt we make a play for him last year?

Archived