Section by Section Analysis of Remaining Seats

rowonejetfan

Upper Deck - 50 Sections - Sell Out By Start of season

Mezz-A 4K psl - 24 Sections - Nearly Sold out or Sold Out by Opening Day

Mezz - B 4k psl - 10 Sections - Pretty Empty - Major Price Reduction is Needed

Mezz - Club Corners 5k psl - 8 Sections - Nearly Sold out or Sold Out by Opening Day

Mezz - Club Goal Line 7.5K psl - 8 Sections - 4 Sections closer to ten yard line sold, 4 sections by goal line pretty empty

Mezz - Club Sideline 15K psl - 8 sections - lots to still sell.

Mezz - Prime 25K psl - 2 sections - With a $395 ticket price, no free food and a 25K PSL very overpriced, pretty empty

LL EZ 5k PSL - 14 sections - 8 sections towards corners pretty much sold, 6 sections between Field Goals had weak sales

LL TC 6k PSL - 4 sections - Nearly Sold out should be Sold Out by Opening Day

LL LGL 7.5k - 4 sections - Nearly Sold out should be Sold Out by Opening Day

Lower Sideline 15k - 6 sections - Jets side 4 sections sold fairly well and Visitors side a little less. May be patches of empty seats on opening day but no reductions needed

Lower Prime 20k - 2 Sections - With a 20K PSL and a $150 ticket AND on the Visitors side with no cover or free food these two sections are pretty empty.

Great Hall Club - 1 section - with a 25k PSL and a $600 ticket on visitors side with a crappy small inside part this is most empty part of stadium. .

Coaches Club (20k, 25k and 30K), 5 sections. At least Jets side, inside is beautiful and you get to go to press conference, eat with players, and go down to field level, even park in players lot and enter and exit with players and get own private entrance and exit ramp plus park in players parking lot. But come on this is Jets $700 a ticket is nuts. But still that section is pretty much sold out.

Now for the Summary as of today:

UD

i think they should offer one-year only season tixs for those sections that are not selling out. the person who buys them knows they will have no right to them after that year and they very well might be sold to someone who wants to invest the PSL money...

or they just need to put them on ticketmaster on a game to game basis... of course they have to then realize that a lot of those seats might go to visiting fans.

i think they should offer one-year only season tixs for those sections that are not selling out. the person who buys them knows they will have no right to them after that year and they very well might be sold to someone who wants to invest the PSL money...

or they just need to put them on ticketmaster on a game to game basis... of course they have to then realize that a lot of those seats might go to visiting fans.

That is a very interesting idea. People are going to be pissed though (the PSL owners)...but not sure what other choice the Jets have at this point.

Yep something along those lines is what they will have to do, but Max is right the people who forked over 25 grand are going to be upset.

There is no way they are going on Monday night football opening night with half the stadium empty.

That is a very interesting idea. People are going to be pissed though (the PSL owners)...but not sure what other choice the Jets have at this point.

yes.. but the PSL own those tixs and the 1-time season tix buyers will not unless they purchase PSL's the following year.. so it is a one year at a time offer. No guarantee they will have that ticket beyond that year..

of course i have mentioned this to my friendly jets tix boy who calls me every couple of weeks to sell me PSL's and he tells me they will all be sold by the summer :lol:

It's been reported on a few stations that unsold tix will be sold to the general public on a game by game basis.

At least that's what I've heard.

Not substantiated by the club, though.

Jets have lots of available seats in Upper Deck, however they are not selling them. They claim they are sold out!!! Here is why;

Seats being turn back as people upgraded were allocated to NFL as they requested more seats, visiting teams requested more seats, they have a waiting list of people who want to buy in UD and they will be contacted late spring and list is longer than seats available.

Well at least that is top 3 reasons. Can't be easier to sell PSLs when there is no Non-PSL seats left.

It's been reported on a few stations that unsold tix will be sold to the general public on a game by game basis.

At least that's what I've heard.

Not substantiated by the club, though.

Wow Jets just called me out of blue to upsell me. Offerred me a 15K psl in 111a row 24, 2 seats closest to 111c

That is either an amazing deal or their is an iceberg straight ahead.

Posted a potential solution a few days ago on JI that in my estimation would keep the current PSL holders happy and would all but gurantee a sellout of the non clubs by opening day (not sure about the clubs as that's a different ball game).

May 2010-

Lower Mezzanine B tickets and PSLs. Out of all of the sections in the stadium, these sections (along with the Great Hall Club) seem to be the slowest movers. Mezz B is priced the same as Mezz A (both PSLs and ticket prices), but with a lesser view. The only benefit seems to be the cover of the overhang (but this is only for half of each of the respective sections). The PSLs for this should be sliced in half to $2000 and the tickets should be cut to $105 (the same as upper prime). This could very well entice some upper deckers that were hesitatnt to buy a PSL before to bite the bullet as a $2000 PSL (especially when spread out over 5-15 years) is more than reasonable.

June 2010-

Offer one discounted seat for every two PSLs held (this season only). Although I suspect that the lowering of the Mezz B tickets will take care of the majority of the unsold tickets, there will still be seats spread throughout the stadium in various sections that remain unsold. Although its nice to think that you'll be able to sell these seats PSL free at a higher ticket price than what you sold to the PSL owners, the reality of the situation is that though this may work for Baltimore (opening), Miami (rival), New England (rival), and December games (if the team does well), this won't move many seats when for example Houston comes to town. But as stated before, if you sell the tickets at list price, you will alienate many of the ticket holders that made the PSL commitment.

Therefore my proposal is that for PSL holders, you offer one ticket within their section at 20% off of the list price for every PSL they hold (you hold 2 PSLs, you get offered one reduced rate ticket, you hold 4 PSLs, you get offered, two reduced rate tickets, etc). Make it clear that this is for the 2010 season only, that its first come first serve and the offer is only valid until July 4th (so that if a PSL owner attempts to buy tickets and their section has already sold out, they'll see why). This will go a long way in good faith in selling tickets that in all likelihood will wind up being sold sans PSL for the season anyway.

July 2010

Sell at list price the remaining season tickets sans PSL (this season only). If there are any season tickets left after this two months plan of action, at this point (after reaching out as much as possible to existing PSL holders), start selling the reamining season tickets without a PSL. Make it clear that this is for the 2010 season only (anything beyond 2010 will require a PSL commitment) and sell them at list price (as you'll have a hard time selling tickets if the price is further inflated).

August 2010

If there are any tickets still available, sell them on a game by game basis.

Around 12-15,000 seats left, most between the 20's in the LL and in MezzB. No surprise. And of course there are still some seats left in Outer Space (UD).

Doesn't bother me as I have the best seat in the house sitting in MezzA.

Around 12-15,000 seats left, most between the 20's in the LL and in MezzB. No surprise. And of course there are still some seats left in Outer Space (UD).

The best seats in the house are in the coaches club.

gotblackouts.jpg

Only part that bothers me is potential blackouts (or a firesale like they did with a few games for the "Military Discounts" last year). We seem to have a good thing as a team and I don't want them to start doing cost cutting (or not signing our key players to long term contracts) because they need to meet a bottom line.

I'm almost positive that this won't happen even under the worst of circumstances (as I believe Woody Johnson is smart enough to know that to sell tickets and PSLs he needs to build and maintain a quality product). But in the 1% chance he doesn't realize that (or in the 1% a move is made because they don't have the money otherwise), I'd rather that situation be avoided if at all possible.

Too Funny - NY Post on April 25 does an article blasting Jets night schedule and had PSLs are terrible. Yet Jets have an ad on same page to buy Jets PSLs.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/fans_night_mare_iVcd5K3zjIriMDYJu6BGMM

Mushnick is frankly being unreasonable. If he wants to debate the merits of a PSL that's fine, but condemning either the Jets or the NFL for putting them on at night frankly comes across as whining. The NFL is going to do its best to put on the best matchups possible at night. If you want to root for a great (or potentially great) team,you're going to have to put up with night games (no matter how much of a pain in the butt they are) regardless of whether you are a PSL holder or not.

One other note: Neither the Miami nor Buffalo games at home can be flexed this year. The maximum number of games that a team can have on primetime is five, a limit the Jets are already at (none of which can be flexed). But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good rant.

The mezz and lower levels are huge in the new stadium :lol: that place will be empty or the Jets will have to do a two step.

The mezz and lower levels are huge in the new stadium :lol: that place will be empty or the Jets will have to do a two step.

Lower Level has 40 rows, just like the old stadium and yes the Mezz is bigger but that only matters if you're in Mezz B, and I am not. I am in Mezz A, 2nd row, which means I am in the 2nd row of the entire Mezz. Perfect seats. Not too high, not too low, great view down the field and not like in 124 in the old stadium where the opposing 20 and in was kind of rough, sometimes. This new stadium allows a much better view in Mezz A. The best place to be is in the Mezz A in this new stadium (or of course any first level section of the Mezz).

Only part that bothers me is potential blackouts (or a firesale like they did with a few games for the "Military Discounts" last year). We seem to have a good thing as a team and I don't want them to start doing cost cutting (or not signing our key players to long term contracts) because they need to meet a bottom line.

I'm almost positive that this won't happen even under the worst of circumstances (as I believe Woody Johnson is smart enough to know that to sell tickets and PSLs he needs to build and maintain a quality product). But in the 1% chance he doesn't realize that (or in the 1% a move is made because they don't have the money otherwise), I'd rather that situation be avoided if at all possible.

See, I could care less about the blackouts (and so should you) since we as season ticket holders will be at every game.

They will do price reductions in Mezz B and that will eventual sellout, as will the rest of the spotty areas between the 10 and the endzone. The only problem in the end will be between the 20's where the PSLs are 15K-30K, those seats will mostly be sold to corporations or will be sold on a game by game basis. OR those seats will just remain about 50% full.

Either way I highly doubt that they will let a New York team go into a blackout mode.

Lower Level has 40 rows, just like the old stadium and yes the Mezz is bigger but that only matters if you're in Mezz B, and I am not. I am in Mezz A, 2nd row, which means I am in the 2nd row of the entire Mezz. Perfect seats. Not too high, not too low, great view down the field and not like in 124 in the old stadium where the opposing 20 and in was kind of rough, sometimes. This new stadium allows a much better view in Mezz A. The best place to be is in the Mezz A in this new stadium (or of course any first level section of the Mezz).

You know what? had the dumbass Jets decided to put a retractable dome on the stadium I would have considered paying PSL's. theres no cover from the elements in the new stadium. like you had in ''legendary section 124''

Its amazing how badly the Jets misjudged everything with the PSLs. In an article I read the other day they talked about how the Jets and Giants fought over the issue as the Giants originally did not want to do the PSLs and then pissed off the Jets for basically apologizing to the fans that they had to do it when the Jets wanted to sell it as an investment. Now the Giants are close to being sold out and the Jets are advertising everywhere to get people to buy.

The Jets never really banked on the fact that fans that had the money to spend on this were now going to get to choose between the Giants and Jets whereas before there were just a ton of Giants-first fans that went to Jets games because they could never get Giants tickets. They all bailed on the Jets and the Jets dont seem to have picked up anyone to replace them or the departing season ticket holders. I know from my brother in law that the financial guys he works with that have the money for the best seats all chose to purchase either 2 or 4 seats for the Giants and had no interest in buying the Jets season tickets.

They are going to have to sell the tickets on Ticketmaster probably starting in August, and Id imagine with even higher per game prices to ease the anger that a PSL holder will have if they just put up single game tickets at face value. If things look really bleak maybe they will have to even due the same deal that you often see on Ebay where the team packages a preseason game and a lesser level regular season game ticket.

For all the club seats that may not be sold out I have a feeling those will have to remain empty. I dont believe those count towards the blackout restrictions, but Id imagine if they put them up for sale via ticketmaster they no longer retain their "club seat" identity. Id be curious to see what the NFL does and does not allow with the sale of those tickets.

I hope the team finds a way to sell out the stadium and get people in the stands. There is no reason for a team that should be really good to be playing in front of a 2/3 filled brand new stadium. It was bad enough last year to see the stadium so empty except for the 1st and last game of the year. Hopefully the Jets find a way tomake it work for everyone.

the bottom line is that the Jets could barely sell out games last year with reasonable ticket prices...the newness of the stadium will sell tickets early but after that good luck....once the weather gets cold tickets are ten times harder to get rid of, and that is assuming Gang Green is having a good season.

Yep something along those lines is what they will have to do, but Max is right the people who forked over 25 grand are going to be upset.

There is no way they are going on Monday night football opening night with half the stadium empty.

I'm off on that Monday, and don't have to be to work on Tuesday until 7PM. If tix are being sold on a game by game basis to start the season, I just might be there.

You know what? had the dumbass Jets decided to put a retractable dome on the stadium I would have considered paying PSL's. theres no cover from the elements in the new stadium. like you had in ''legendary section 124''

If they managed to get their dome in Manhattan, I'd've probably bought in. That would've been an investment. I'd've taken the train to the game. The Jersey location makes it unattractive to LI'ers. I think I could probably find a quicker route to China from here.

I'm off on that Monday, and don't have to be to work on Tuesday until 7PM. If tix are being sold on a game by game basis to start the season, I just might be there.

If they managed to get their dome in Manhattan, I'd've probably bought in. That would've been an investment. I'd've taken the train to the game. The Jersey location makes it unattractive to LI'ers. I think I could probably find a quicker route to China from here.

I was ready to buy into a Manhattan stadium... I might buy into this stadium in a few years... maybe...

Although the idea of a Manhattan stadium with a roof was certainly appealing (and I was deeply disappointed when the Jets signed the 99 year contract to stay at the Meadowlands), keep in mind that many Jet fans are unable or unwilling to pay for the PSLs and ticket prices at their current rate. This for a stadium outside of the city, no roof, and shared with the Giants.

Can you imagine what the PSL costs/ticket prices would have been if the Meadowlands stadium had a roof? Or worse the PSL costs/ticket prices for a non shared stadium in the heart of Manhattan (with a roof) :drown::drown::drown:

Can you imagine what the PSL costs/ticket prices would have been if the Meadowlands stadium had a roof? Or worse the PSL costs/ticket prices for a non shared stadium in the heart of Manhattan (with a roof) :drown::drown::drown:

See, but thats a selling point if it had a roof ;) the way it is now we really didnt need a new stadium. I cant wait until they announce that you're only allowed to get in the lot 2hrs before kickoff ;) did you see the food adds on those dumb new stadium commercials? good bye Tailgating! hello $10 hot dogs!

Archived