The 2010 season for our New York Jets

NIGHT STALKER

We've seen and read all the hype for the upcoming season. Some have us going to the big game while others have concentrated on the chemistry part and we take a step back.

What kind of season are you seriously expecting from this team we bleed green for? Personally, I would be very disappointed if we didn't go deep into the playoffs like last year...I just see the positives in this offseason out weigh the negatives. I don't want to go as far as picking us for the SB...I need to see how we perform on the field after 8 games. I always use the half way point as a barometer.

We've seen and read all the hype for the upcoming season. Some have us going to the big game while others have concentrated on the chemistry part and we take a step back.

What kind of season are you seriously expecting from this team we bleed green for? Personally, I would be very disappointed if we didn't go deep into the playoffs like last year...I just see the positives in this offseason out weigh the negatives. I don't want to go as far as picking us for the SB...I need to see how we perform on the field after 8 games. I always use the half way point as a barometer.

Anything less then the division title would be disappointing. Sanchez can only get better and the defense is better so we should not see anything like the two Miami games, the Jacksonville game, or the Atlanta game. If Sanchez plays to his half his potential this season then a Super Bowl is a big possibility.

Anything less then the division title would be disappointing. Sanchez can only get better and the defense is better so we should not see anything like the two Miami games, the Jacksonville game, or the Atlanta game. If Sanchez plays to his half his potential this season then a Super Bowl is a big possibility.

Winning the AFC East would be a minimum, I believe. The Jets absolutely can't go 2-4 within the division like they did last season (one win against Miami, and turning around the blown game against Buffalo last season would have given the Jets the division title). I think Miami will be the main competition this season in the AFC East.

It is doable. They should shoot for at least a 2 seed, to get the bye week, and a home game in the Divisional round.

left guard concerns me somewhat.hopefully tanny made the right choice and ducasse can step in with typical rookie mistakes,but hopefully will not be a huge step back to start the year.with some experience,this kid is gonna be a monster.no question.

our running game also concerns me.not on the talent level,but experience.jones and leon were very reliable(especially jones)and didnt fumble.i can see green putting it on the ground more often than jones and also mcknight.however,talent wise,the jets are ahead of the game

sanchez will have an entire extended year under his belt and hopefully that leads to qb maturity,or moreso,anyways.edwards will have a full training camp and holmes should help out come week 5.cotchery,as usual,solid as a rock.would like to see keller more involved.

defense.whats there to say? down right scary.jenkins back in action.if cromartie and kyle play half as good as i think they can,could be 2000 ravens good.ya.i know.we dont have ed reed and ray lewis,but i beleive our secondary will be insane.leonard last half of the season and playoffs was a BEAST.pool is no slouch,either.can you comprehend sending 7 and 8 every down?qb's are gonna get hit.i would be surprised(barring injury,mind you)if the jets defense gives up more than 21 points in any given game all season.serious potential here

the jets have more talent(on paper)than any other team in the nfl except the qb position.that remains to be seen.i beleive that the season is on sanchezes and shotts shoulders.if they ask him to do too much,expect failure.if they use him like last year and remain ground and pound,they will succeed.big time.limit his throws.let the run game and defense controll the game.take your shots with sanchez.if he has matured,those interceptions become completions.or throw aways.either way.win.win

the jets have the potential to go 19-0.i beleive they are that good of a team.i do wear green goggles as most of you are thinking.realistically,afce title and deep play off run is my expectation.with t-rex running the show,i dont see any other way

I think we've had an excellent offseason thus far and i agree with all the moves except letting Faneca go. We are certainly the hot team right now and are the sexy super bowl pick. I can not wait for this season, i don't think I have ever been this excited or have had such high expections since '99.

That said, i feel we are being set up for a huge disappointment for one simple reason.

Sophmore slump, our recent history has been littered with it. Our former coaching staffs(Mangini/edwards) and a certain QB in his 2nd season as a starter all were major disappointments in their 2nd seasons.

However, I do feel this is the most talented jets team i've ever seen. God i hope they prove me wrong.

my prediction is a slow start and we catch fire too late in the season; 8-8

I'll be disappointed if the jets don't win the division, but the colts and saints are still the cream off the crop

I'll take back to back playoff appearances

jets haven't done that since '85 - '86

Not expecting a Super Bowl.

Just want to knock the Pats off the AFC East pedestal. And win a few playoff games.

If you win the division and get a bye you can't win more than one playoff game without getting to the super bowl.

If the Jets win the division, get a bye and lose their first playoff game is that improvement? If they go 9-7 again and lose in the AFC title game again, have they improved? I don't think we can judge without watching the games. I'm taking it one game at a time this year.

Having hopes to win the SuperBowl, and expecting to win it are two different things. I haven't yet completely shaken my SOJ mindset just yet. "On-Paper" teams never seem to pan out, so that's got me a bit concerned. The chemistry aspect does not really concern me however. I think anybody in the league would be psyched to play for Sexy Rexy, and that should supercede all of the chemistry questions. I originally thought the HBO thing might be a distraction, but after thinking about it, having the cameras on every practice play will only increase the level of competition and I've changed my thinking that it's a good thing. Lastly, the Faneca sitch has still got me shaking my head. Especially when it was over 2Million and not 7.5 Million. We paid him 5 Million to leave. Don't get it. A bit too much movement for me, coming off an AFC Championship apprearance.

I'd be ecstatic with 12-4, AFC East Champs, another AFC Champ. appearance, anything after that is extra.

Hell, I just want to win...even by way of a forfeit. I'm desperate.:drown:

I'd like to see a good showing on hard knock, some wins in the pre-season, and some good pressers by Rex

if we start losing in season i will just slit my wrists with a spoon, spend some time in an uncomforable white jacket, and wait for the draft.

I could easily get all giddy with Super Bowl expectations, but I'm really trying to tamper my enthusiasm.

Things I'm not worried about:

1. Chemistry
  2. Loss of Faneca
  3. Musical RB's
  4. Kickers & Holders
  5. The 4th CB or FS

Things I am concerned about:

1. Mark Sanchez

It all comes down to Sanchez. The rest of the team is in place. They're not perfect at every position, but they're championship caliber across every unit.

A championship team needs to have an offense that can put points on the board at will. An offense that other teams know -and fear- can score in any two-minute drill situation. Sanchez showed some composure at the end of last season, he demonstrated a beautiful long ball, he played really well in the frigid cold - now he has to prove he can come from behind and score the way Manning did against the Jets at the end of the first half in the AFC Championship game. That's why you trade up to the 5th overall pick for a QB, for those kinds of performances consistently.

Mark has the weapons in place all around him. It's up to him to make them go. He faces a tough challenge in his second season. The sophomore slump is real. But he'll either be the reason we go all the way this year, or the reason we don't.

I'm not convinced Sanchez is as important as people are saying. His best game as a pro might have been the AFCGC and we lost anyway. When Clemons played against Tampa Bay he was horrible at everything except ball security and we blew them out. I know Tampa Bay sucks but Buffalo sucks and Sanchez managed to lose against them due to turnovers. I don't think this team needs great QB play to win the SB. If Sanchez can cut down on the turnovers that will be enough.

Also, the biggest obstacle to winning the Super Bowl isn't the Colts its Brian Schottenhiemer. I think Sanchez will improve a lot less than people are expecting cuz Schotty will be filling his head with nonsense.

I'm not convinced Sanchez is as important as people are saying. His best game as a pro might have been the AFCGC and we lost anyway. When Clemons played against Tampa Bay he was horrible at everything except ball security and we blew them out. I know Tampa Bay sucks but Buffalo sucks and Sanchez managed to lose against them due to turnovers. I don't think this team needs great QB play to win the SB. If Sanchez can cut down on the turnovers that will be enough.

Also, the biggest obstacle to winning the Super Bowl isn't the Colts its Brian Schottenhiemer. I think Sanchez will improve a lot less than people are expecting cuz Schotty will be filling his head with nonsense.

I think you are overrating his game against the Colts. He was barely over 50% and threw a pick. One of the biggest plays of the day was a ball thrown by Brad Smith. OTOH, your point is very valid. What I consider his best game came against the Dolphins and they lost that one too. It's pretty easy to see that his QB rating is highest in games where he didn't throw much. Generally, the more he put it up the worse he did. If Sanchez cuts down on the turnovers that IS a huge improvement.

Archived