Seahawks | K.Hamlin Career In Jeopardy

Smizzy

Seahawks | Hamlin Out Indefinitely; Replaced by Manuel

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:12:57 -0700

Seattle Seahawks FS Ken Hamlin (head, hand) is out indefinitely after being assaulted outside of a Seattle nightclub. Hamlin has a fractured skull, bran clot, and a broken right hand. His career is in jeopardy, as well as his life. He is, however, in serious but stable condition. FS Marquand Manuel will start in place of Hamlin.

Seahawks | Team Issues Statement about Hamlin

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:15:31 -0700

Seahawks.com reports Seattle Seahawks president Tim Ruskell issued the following statement regarding S Ken Hamlin: "Safety Ken Hamlin was the victim of an assault outside a downtown night club early this morning. Ken is in intensive care in serious, but stable condition. Head coach Holmgren and I talked with Ken and his spirits are good considering the situation. We are working in concert with the Seattle Police Department. The fact that this is an active assault investigation prevents us from further comment at this time. As information becomes available we will share it with you. Our thoughts and prayers are with Ken and his family."

Seahawks | Hamlin Injury Update

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:06:28 -0700

Updating ongoing reports, ESPNews reports Seattle Seahawks FS Ken Hamlin (head) has skull and hand fractures. He has bruised brain tissue and also a small blood clot. As reported, he remains in intensive care due to his injuries. He is in serious, but stable, condition.

Did you yous guys read this? He was Jumped last night after the SN game when he went to a local Bar...Unreal.

When I first read this story at NFL.com, I got the impression Hamlin was sort of randomly attacked and did little to nothing wrong, except being out at 2:00 AM.

But the more quotes I read from coach Holmgren, who seemed real upset, the more I felt there was more to this....

I found an article stating Hamlin went out of way to provoke/escalate the fight, senselessly. This isn't to suggest he deserved what he got, because he didn't.

But these athletes need to walk away from these "macho head games" out in public....It was a lose/lose situation....Either he hurts someone and goes to jail, or gets hurt himself!

The club's owner, Larry Culp, said his security guards kept Hamlin separated from the two suspects outside for about 15 minutes as the bar was emptying at closing time. He said guards tried to restrain Hamlin several times and the other man started to back down, but "as the head of my security team turned his head, (Hamlin) went after him.

"He had plenty of chances to walk away from this incident," Culp said, adding Hamlin "went out of his way" to provoke a fight.

Culp released a security videotape showing Hamlin breaking free from club security guards and pursuing the suspects after the initial altercation subsided

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/12928003.htm

Football wise, Patriots aren't the only team in the NFL scrambling for safeties, Seahawks are down to 3 safeties -- Micheal Boulware (good, but injured badly a few weeks ago); Marquand Manuel (a minor bust) and John Howell (who never became the "next John Lynch" in Tampa).

Lynn Scott or Damien Robinson anyone?

When I first read this story at NFL.com, I got the impression Hamlin was sort of randomly attacked and did little to nothing wrong, except being out at 2:00 AM.

But the more quotes I read from coach Holmgren, who seemed real upset, the more I felt there was more to this....

I found an article stating Hamlin went out of way to provoke/escalate the fight, senselessly. This isn't to suggest he deserved what he got, because he didn't.

But these athletes need to walk away from these "macho head games" out in public....It was a lose/lose situation....Either he hurts someone and goes to jail, or gets hurt himself!

The club's owner, Larry Culp, said his security guards kept Hamlin separated from the two suspects outside for about 15 minutes as the bar was emptying at closing time. He said guards tried to restrain Hamlin several times and the other man started to back down, but "as the head of my security team turned his head, (Hamlin) went after him.

"He had plenty of chances to walk away from this incident," Culp said, adding Hamlin "went out of his way" to provoke a fight.

Culp released a security videotape showing Hamlin breaking free from club security guards and pursuing the suspects after the initial altercation subsided

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/12928003.htm

Football wise, Patriots aren't the only team in the NFL scrambling for safeties, Seahawks are down to 3 safeties -- Micheal Boulware (good, but injured badly a few weeks ago); Marquand Manuel (a minor bust) and John Howell (who never became the "next John Lynch" in Tampa).

Lynn Scott or Damien Robinson anyone?

WTF are these guys thinking? :shock:

Seahawks | Hamlin Suffers Some Brain Damage

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:28:01 -0700

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Seattle Seahawks FS Ken Hamlin (head, hand) suffered some brain damage, according to head coach Mike Holmgren.

Career Over.

Archived