pick 2 surprise teams for 2010

Larz

1 team from each conference.

the criteria is it has to be a team that didn't make the playoffs last year, and a team that you are predicting will either ;

improve by 3 wins and still not make the playoffs

OR

will make the playoffs and win a game

here is the field;

AFC

Pittsburgh 9-7

Houston 9-7

Denver 8-8

Tennessee 8-8

Miami 7-9

Jacksonville 7-9

Buffalo 6-10

Cleveland 5-11

Oakland 5-11

Kansas City 4-12

NFC

Atlanta 9-7

Carolina 8-8

San Francisco 8-8

Giants 8-8

Chicago 7-9

Seattle 5-11

Washington 4-12

Tampa Bay 3-13

Detrot 2-12

St. Louis 1-15

I'm going with KC and Washington to both go 8-8

Oakland and Chicago.

+1

But to throw out two different ones...Chiefs and Browns.

The Lions sound like the next Texans/Cardinals...young team with a coach everyone likes and an ever increasing talent level...everyone picks them to be a sleeper for 3 years, gets sick of them, then they do really well.

Also, the Texans should be a really good team next year.

+1

But to throw out two different ones...Chiefs and Browns.

The Lions sound like the next Texans/Cardinals...young team with a coach everyone likes and an ever increasing talent level...everyone picks them to be a sleeper for 3 years, gets sick of them, then they do really well.

Speaking of which...the Texans are going to make noise.

I like the Browns too. I don't really see anything with the Chiefs, especially with Cassell as their QB.

Texans were spose to be good for the last 5 years. I'm waiting for them to reach the playoffs for once. Lions I was considering adding to the list but I'm waiting for their D to catch up to their O. Their not quite there, yet.

I like the Browns too. I don't really see anything with the Chiefs, especially with Cassell as their QB.

Texans were spose to be good for the last 5 years. I'm waiting for them to reach the playoffs for once. Lions I was considering adding to the list but I'm waiting for their D to catch up to their O. Their not quite there, yet.

The Cardinals went through the same thing...when everyone quit calling them sleepers they vaulted into a pretty decent team and made a valiant effort at winning a SB. Not sure the Texans can do all that but they're a good team right now and I really like what their first two picks (Jackson and Tate) can do for them.

The Chiefs had one of my favorite drafts and I like coaches like Haley who don't f around.

+1. In fact, I think Detroit will lap this little survey and go plus six wins from last year.

Could happen.

Detroit has had back to back good off seasons. This was a very good one. Their due for a breakout.

I wonder what the O/U is on them?

+1 to Oak and Detroit.

Tennessee I think is way off. Their pass D really fell apart and I don't think they've done enough to improve it. Not to mention I don't think Young is a good enough QB.

Titans went 8-2 once VY took over.

Oakland and Detroit. OAK will benefit from the QB change and a good draft and stability. Also Al Davis doesn't want to look like a fool for trading a number one pick for Seymour so he wants to win this year. And I'll be rooting for him all year long.

Detroit, its hard not to improve when your down that low. They've been having good drafts, Schwarz is at least okay, maybe much better than that. QB in his second year, get a monster DT, it all adds up to an improvement.

I think the Rams will surprise everyone by sucking just as bad as they did last year. I don't think that team is making good decisions.

Seahawks aren't a bad choice. Take a look at that roster and there's alot of talent there. Okung, Spencer, Locklear along the OL (Unger too?)...McCoy and Carlson at TE...Trufant, Jennings, and Wilson at CB...Thomas, Milloy, and Chancellor at S (secondary loaded with athletes)...solid RB depth with White and Washington headlining...MH is back at QB healthy...the LB corps with Curry, Hill, Hawthorne, and Tatupu...TJ and Tate at WR...

San Fran should also be a better team, maybe. They've got talent at least...

Seahawks aren't a bad choice. Take a look at that roster and there's alot of talent there. Okung, Spencer, Locklear along the OL (Unger too?)...McCoy and Carlson at TE...Trufant, Jennings, and Wilson at CB...Thomas, Milloy, and Chancellor at S (secondary loaded with athletes)...solid RB depth with White and Washington headlining...MH is back at QB healthy...the LB corps with Curry, Hill, Hawthorne, and Tatupu...TJ and Tate at WR...

San Fran should also be a better team, maybe. They've got talent at least...

I won't be shocked if they take the NFC West this year. San Fran is still unproven. Rams are the Rams. Cardinals I think will take a huge step back with the loses of Boldin, Warner, and Rolle.

I honestly won't be shocked if Seattle takes that division.

1 team from each conference.

the criteria is it has to be a team that didn't make the playoffs last year, and a team that you are predicting will either ;

improve by 3 wins and still not make the playoffs

OR

will make the playoffs and win a game

here is the field;

AFC

Pittsburgh 9-7

Houston 9-7

Denver 8-8

Tennessee 8-8

Miami 7-9

Jacksonville 7-9

Buffalo 6-10

Cleveland 5-11

Oakland 5-11

Kansas City 4-12

NFC

Atlanta 9-7

Carolina 8-8

San Francisco 8-8

Giants 8-8

Chicago 7-9

Seattle 5-11

Washington 4-12

Tampa Bay 3-13

Detrot 2-12

St. Louis 1-15

I'm going with KC and Washington to both go 8-8

NFC

I think a lot of these teams are going to be better. Rams can't be 1-15 again can they??? Detroit will get more then three wins. Redskins as well. I don't think the top ones will though.

AFC

Oakland is the only team I see improving by three wins from this group.

I think the Raiders will go 8-8. The NFC is a little more volatile, i think Washington and Seattle both improve by 3 wins. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Chicago go 10-6, Cutler will bounce back this season imo.

Archived