Can We Beat Atlanta ?

Smizzy

We can absolutely beat Atlanta if our defense decides to show up. I am not at all afraid of Michael Vick. The Falcons are a very beatable team, but we can't make a ton of mistakes and beat them. The Saints just found that out the hard way.

If only the great Herm Edwards can motivate Hobson and Mark Brown to actually score on their turnovers instead of leaving it to the offense to finish from the two, then we'd be a lock.

As it is, the Falcons have, what, 19 sacks this season already? Mawae isn't playing? Jon Goodwin's first start comes against Rod Coleman? Oh yeah, Jets in a laugher.

The Falcons are frauds. If you lose to the Lions at home, you suck. You fail at the game of life. (They lost to the Lions, at home, during 2004, and were shut down by the Lions. I don't care if it was last year, it's the same bloody team)

Didn't they pound the Eagles this yr too?

The same Eagles that have a QB with a hole in his body? The same Eagles that lost their best defensive lineman? The same Eagles that have been inconsistant this year?

You're a better team than the Eagles? Give me a break. Especially not with Mister 42 at QB.

You're a better team than the Eagles? Give me a break. Especially not with Mister 42 at QB.

Maedhros,

Of course Jet fans think they are better then the Eagles. They think their team is one of the best in the NFL.

Then the games are actually played, and Jet fans come slowly back to Earth.

For crying out loud, they haven't even PLAYED in a Super Bowl since the Johnson administration. :shock:

I like how our DL match-up against their undersize zone-blocking OL, but can we actually tackle someone? To beat the Falcons first we got to stop Dunn and Duckett so Vick can't fool us with his bootlegs.

The Saints, without McAllister, run all over their defense. We could use a power-back in this game, maybe Cedric Houston? :^o

The biggest mismatch is Jim Mora vs. Herman Edwards. This has "national television embarrassment" written all over it.

Yes the Jets defense is good, but I'm confident that the #1 rushing offense will do what McGahee did and more, especially with the threat of #7 opening up lanes for Dunn.

Your offense is in shambles and not even close to the Eagles. The main thing I'm worried about is consistancy; DeAngelo Hall contains TO beautifully but then goes and gets torched by Darrel Jackson. Also, our D has looked terrible against the run and unlike the Eagles, the Jets actually have a run game.

A fully healthy Jets team I would be scared of but at the moment, not really. Of course, I could be wrong; I was sure we were gonna blow out the Saints too, but it seems injury has taken its toll upon our Secondary big time.

Yes the Jets defense is good, but I'm confident that the #1 rushing offense will do what McGahee did and more, especially with the threat of #7 opening up lanes for Dunn.

Your offense is in shambles and not even close to the Eagles. The main thing I'm worried about is consistancy; DeAngelo Hall contains TO beautifully but then goes and gets torched by Darrel Jackson. Also, our D has looked terrible against the run and unlike the Eagles, the Jets actually have a run game.

A fully healthy Jets team I would be scared of but at the moment, not really. Of course, I could be wrong; I was sure we were gonna blow out the Saints too, but it seems injury has taken its toll upon our Secondary big time.

I can't argue with any of that.

Can the Jets win? Of course they can.

But the chips are definitely stacked against them. Going into atlanta on Monday Night is going to be very hard, since this team is very strong at home.

But the way our defense is playing, any team in the NFL can beat us. Whichever defense has the best day will determine the winner.

Two sure bets are probably going to be that both Dunn and Martin both have over 100 yards, but who can force the most turnovers? I like our chances, since we have the advantage in the trenches.

Come on storm, that is a bunch of crap.

The Eagles defense is much better then the vastly over rated Jets defense.

Not even close. [-X

Speaking of vastly overrated. The Eagles defense fits that bill.

And yeah, the Jets haven't reached the Super Bowl in a great many years, and the Eagles just did, but you're missing that one point. Y'know, how the Jets play in the vastly superior AFC, and the Eagles play in the NFC, which has a division being led by a team that is 2-3.

And, if you're gonig to use the Buffalo game as an example, didn't the Bills have the ball close to fourty minutes? Which means the Jets defense was on the field for sixty six percent of the game. Even you can agree that is way too much time, and it will wear down your defense in a hurry.

any given sunday - or monday night as it were. No more game killing interceptions though.

Come on man, you know the Vinster will throw at least 1 INT.

Nice sig pic Maedhros, I used that one earlier this year. No matter how many times I see it, it's priceless. :lol:

The only way the Jets can win on Monday is if the entire Falcons team stays home that night.

Smizzy:

I'll avatar bet you that the Jets win monday night vs the falcons. Nobody touches my sig, Cedric is starving and desperately needs our help, Feed the Needy.

Bet lasts until start of the next jets game after monday night vs the falcons.

Archived