Brandon Marshall out until training camp - hip surgery

Jetsfan80

According to Sportscenter. Tony Sparano told ESPN that he wasn't aware of Marshall's need for surgery when they traded for him. This is Marshall's 2nd hip procedure.

Dolphins fans....concerned?

:rl: Luckily you don't need your hips much being a WR. :P

imagine the chaos if the Jets had just signed Marshall for a huge contract...

(there were people who thought it was a good idea)

surprise hip surgery? that's what granny gets... not good. brandon marshall was the key to their whole offseason

again Josh mcDaniel proven smarter than he looks.

this story is so big it needs 2 threads

According to Sportscenter. Tony Sparano told ESPN that he wasn't aware of Marshall's need for surgery when they traded for him. This is Marshall's 2nd hip procedure.

Dolphins fans....concerned?

Breaking good new in the Brandon Marshall Hip injury..

Medicare approved the purchase of:

cat25851.jpg

Still, it should be minor compared to 390-pound Big Jalopy Jenk's front & rear suspension issues which, strangely, nobody is concerned about.

then you haven't been reading the board too much the past few months. I'd say that 75% of the board really doesn't expect Jenkins to make it through a full season anyway. Anything we get FROM him will be a bonus.

yea somebody knew something about Marshall. I still say the NFL is like a small town-everybody knows what everybody else knows. Apparently the Dolphins aren't on as good of terms as Mike Tannenbaum seems to be with the inner circle.

This admission is weird. I'd expect the fish to say something more along the lines of, "We knew about it going in, and it's no big deal."

This makes them look quasi-incompetent.

imagine the chaos if the Jets had just signed Marshall for a huge contract...

(there were people who thought it was a good idea)

surprise hip surgery? that's what granny gets... not good. brandon marshall was the key to their whole offseason

again Josh mcDaniel proven smarter than he looks.

this story is so big it needs 2 threads

Not really. If anything, this simply confirms that Jeff "Is your mother a whore?" Ireland is a world-class jackass.

This admission is weird. I'd expect the fish to say something more along the lines of, "We knew about it going in, and it's no big deal."

This makes them look quasi-incompetent.

Quasi ? I vote for fully !! :biggrin: Obviously they didn't do their homework.

Posted by Mike Florio on May 20, 2010 11:57 AM ET

In a segment earlier today on ESPN Radio's The Herd with Colin Cowherd, the host and yours truly discussed the latest news regarding Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall.

The big-name wideout won't be available until training camp after undergoing surgery on the hip other than the one on which he has had surgery.

Here are two points to keep in mind.

First, the Dolphins apparently didn't know about the hip condition when trading for Marshall and then paying him big money. Though it's unclear whether they should have known, this is the team that rejected quarterback Drew Brees due to his shoulder injury, but nevertheless sent a second-round pick to Minnesota for quarterback Daunte Culpepper despite a wrecked knee.

Second, to the extent Marshall's performance is affected, keep in mind that the Dolphins can pull the plug on the contract after only one year, if they so choose. Though they will have given up two second-round picks and $9.5 million, the Dolphins would be able to declare victory and retreat if Marshall ends up being a chronic pain in the place situated between both hips.

I'm certainly concerned. Marshall is a physical WR, so he's gonna draw alot of contact. How are the hips gonna react when someone puts there helmet right on it. He has now had surgeries on both hips...i'm sure thats not good. Reporters say the the procedure that he had is a minor one and that he'll be 100% come traning camp....i sure as **** hope so.

I'm certainly concerned. Marshall is a physical WR, so he's gonna draw alot of contact. How are the hips gonna react when someone puts there helmet right on it. He has now had surgeries on both hips...i'm sure thats not good. Reporters say the the procedure that he had is a minor one and that he'll be 100% come traning camp....i sure as **** hope so.

You'd better. A lot of the Phag's season rides on his play. At least you've still got world class Ted Quinn at the other WR spot. :P

Marshall had a similar surgery before last year then went out and caught over a hundred balls. He'll be fine by training camp and the regualr season, which is more than I can say for Santonio Holmes. And besides, we swept you guys with Ginn and Camarillo @ WR so whats there to worry about? :box:

Marshall had a similar surgery before last year then went out and caught over a hundred balls. He'll be fine by training camp and the regualr season, which is more than I can say for Santonio Holmes. And besides, we swept you guys with Ginn and Camarillo @ WR so whats there to worry about? :box:

Ginn's gone buddy. And you beat US with Lito Sheppard and Dwight Lowery. With Revis sticking to your boy Marshall like glue, how's Bess and Camarillo gonna do against Cromartie and Wilson?

Ginn's gone buddy. And you beat US with Lito Sheppard and Dwight Lowery. With Revis sticking to your boy Marshall like glue, how's Bess and Camarillo gonna do against Cromartie and Wilson?

Well lets be honest here. Cromartie, was the same CB everyone on this forum was making fun of after he played a gutless performance in the playoffs. He hasn't been anything special since his rookie season.

This doesn't mean he wont revive his career in NY. For all I know he's set for another PB year. However right now until he proves that he can play at that level he's really nothing special.

I like Kyle Wilson, but I dont know if he has the foot speed/quickness needed to cover a guy like Bess or Wes Welker. And Cromartie, people forget that his domianant years came when Shawne Merriman and Shaun Phillips were terrorizing the QB and forcing bad throws etc. Once the pass rush went away, Cromartie was average. If the Jets can dulpicate the kind of rush they had last year, Cromartie has a good chance to be successful. It was around this time last year that Jets fans were talking about the dynamic duo of Revis and Sheppard but that didnt pan out, so I wouldnt get all excited just yet. As for Revis and Marshall, it'll be a big time battle, but not as important as who wins at the line of scrimmage and in the running game. And I'd take our DL/OL and RBs over the group you guys have. I'm sure you'd disagree, but thats why they play the games ;)

I like Kyle Wilson, but I dont know if he has the foot speed/quickness needed to cover a guy like Bess or Wes Welker. And Cromartie, people forget that his domianant years came when Shawne Merriman and Shaun Phillips were terrorizing the QB and forcing bad throws etc. Once the pass rush went away, Cromartie was average. If the Jets can dulpicate the kind of rush they had last year, Cromartie has a good chance to be successful. It was around this time last year that Jets fans were talking about the dynamic duo of Revis and Sheppard but that didnt pan out, so I wouldnt get all excited just yet. As for Revis and Marshall, it'll be a big time battle, but not as important as who wins at the line of scrimmage and in the running game. And I'd take our DL/OL and RBs over the group you guys have. I'm sure you'd disagree, but thats why they play the games ;)

Remember that even without Sheppard panning out , the Jets had the #1 defense in the nfl. Oh yeah.... #1 in rushing also... almost forgot

Remember that even without Sheppard panning out , the Jets had the #1 defense in the nfl. Oh yeah.... #1 in rushing also... almost forgot

Not to mention the Big Jenk will be back. I'll take our DL/OL over theirs any day.

Archived