To the "LT is done" crowd....

Jetsfan80

....I present some 2009-10 highlights for you.

U6e8YkR2Y-8

What Tomlinson has lost in speed and quickness he makes up for by being an absolute bulldozer. Notice that what you see above is LT running between the tackles, not him making catches out of the backfield (something we KNOW he is still effective at doing).

Behind our line, LT will be MORE than adequate as a # 2 RB.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not trying to be a dick, honestly I'm not but in that video he only has one 20 yard run the rest are actually pretty lackluster.

Lol.. tbh that was one of the worst highlight videos ever. There wasn't a single immpressive clip

Obviously, the video wasn't intended to "wow" anyone. Its to show that he's still a more than capable # 2 guy and in-between-tackles runner, contrary to the fans who say he is dead as a doornail. And I'll add that I do come away impressed, he shows he still has some burst, and unlike Jones, he can break a tackle and push the pile even in his "old" age.

LT is done.

Faneca will be a pro-bowler this year.

The Jets have no chemistry.

Cromartie has a billion babies.

Kerry Rhodes will be the first All-Pro/Oscar Winner in the same year.

Santonio Holmes just bought an iPad.

Mark Sanchez is still Mexican.

Jason Taylor is an undercover spy.

It's still Giants Stadium.

Rex Ryan didn't lose that much weight.

Leon Washington is going to return to form.

We're screwed.

Obviously, the video wasn't intended to "wow" anyone. Its to show that he's still a more than capable # 2 guy and in-between-tackles runner, contrary to the fans who say he is dead as a doornail. And I'll add that I do come away impressed, he shows he still has some burst, and unlike Jones, he can break a tackle and push the pile even in his "old" age.

i was just gonna write that he's a quicker version of TJ who can break tackles, push a pile, and catch out of the backfield. he's going to be better thna alot of peopel are giving him credit for. he's nto gonna be LT of 5 years ago......but he's gonna be better than what TJ coudl have given us, imo. the run at around 1:04 shows it.

Does it accomplish that though? I mean when a 'Highlight' reel is filled with nothing but ordinary plays is that somehow supposed to make fans feel better or worse about the acquisition? You guys lost a hell of a player in in Leon Washington. Granted who knows what he will be coming off his injury but if you were looking for a guy who could simply get you short yardage I'm sure there were a lot of younger options available.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

I agree with you. We also must keep in mind that the San Diego OL was not exactly the type of OL we have. Ours bulls people off the line. They are all finesse. He could be a lot more productive with holes to run through. Heck, even TJ benefited.

Does it accomplish that though? I mean when a 'Highlight' reel is filled with nothing but ordinary plays is that somehow supposed to make fans feel better or worse about the acquisition? You guys lost a hell of a player in in Leon Washington. Granted who knows what he will be coming off his injury but if you were looking for a guy who could simply get you short yardage I'm sure there were a lot of younger options available.

Anyway just my 2 cents.

First of all, Leon is 28, not exactly a young pup anymore. Second, they DID explore younger options. Does trading up for Joe McKnight not sound like a move to get younger at RB?

Anyway just my 2 cents.

you're right......we did lose a hell of player in leon washington. but we lost him last year.....and now he has to try to play with a rod in his leg. even without him we had the number 1 running game. and trading leon had nothing to do with getting LT. our rb depth chart changed dramatically last year. greene is our #1 rb and the guy is a battering ram. LT is taking the snaps tht TJ would have taken plus some fo ther 3rd downs atuff saicne he can actually catch out of the backfield. a 100% healthy washington would have been t!ts....nobody will say otherwise. but the fact is that he may never be the same.

....I present some 2009-10 highlights for you.

U6e8YkR2Y-8

What Tomlinson has lost in speed and quickness he makes up for by being an absolute bulldozer. Notice that what you see above is LT running between the tackles, not him making catches out of the backfield (something we KNOW he is still effective at doing).

Behind our line, LT will be MORE than adequate as a # 2 RB.

In the plays against the Raiders and Chiefs he walks into the end zone and against the Eagles and Cowboys he has to dive in.

I have to admit he looked good in this video, but when we played SD in the playoffs I was praying they would give him 40 carries.

You could put together a much better reel with T. Jones from last year, including longer runs and crisper cuts. And I'm honestly not a big TJ fan. Proof that training hard and staying in the weight room outlasts talent in the nfl.

Of course being fair the San Diego OL was terrible. LT had few holes to run through. Secondly it is a pass first offense. The D KNEW when LT was running! I'd loved to have seen LT running behind our OL last year especially with TRICH lead blocking. Err San Diego does NOT have a lead blocker like TRICH. How good would TJ have been if he was playing with SD last year?

I think this shows how the jets will actually use LT, near the goal line, and he will likley get some of smith's "gadget" plays

+1

I don't see how anybody could complain much about those highlights. How much more was he supposed to do? There were only about two plays that didn't end in a TD. I don't give a **** if he hops like a bunny, as long as he gets in the endzone.

you're right......we did lose a hell of player in leon washington. but we lost him last year.....and now he has to try to play with a rod in his leg. even without him we had the number 1 running game. and trading leon had nothing to do with getting LT. our rb depth chart changed dramatically last year. greene is our #1 rb and the guy is a battering ram. LT is taking the snaps tht TJ would have taken plus some fo ther 3rd downs atuff saicne he can actually catch out of the backfield. a 100% healthy washington would have been t!ts....nobody will say otherwise. but the fact is that he may never be the same.

Ok then is he an upgrade over Thomas Jones?

eoKAJnUU9hY

I hate to even admit it but those are some real highlights.

Can we talk about some other teams back-up running backs in this thread too?

Sure. Here's a list of backup RB's LT is better than:

Ryan Moats, Texans

Chester Taylor, Bears

Brian Leonard, Bengals

Rashad Jennings, Jaguars

Larry Johnson/Willie Parker, Redskins

Brandon Jackson, Packers

Kenneth Darby, Rams

Leon Washington, Seahawks

Earnest Graham/Derrick Ward, Bucs

Thomas Jones, Chiefs

Correll Buckhalter/J.J. Arrington, Broncos

Glen Coffee, 49ers

Michael Bennett/Michael Bush, Raiders

Patrick Cobbs/Lex Hilliard, Dolphins (and/or Ricky Williams, once Brown returns)

Donald Brown, Colts

Peyton Hillis, Browns

Any New England RB

Unknown commodities:

Ryan Mathews, Chargers

Toby Gerhart, Vikings

Jahvid Best, Lions

LeGarrett Blounte/Stafon Johnson, Titans

I think some people are missing the point. Nobody is saying TJ didn't have a much better year. Let's see how they do respectively in 2010 when LT is behind the much better OLine.

eoKAJnUU9hY

I notice there are no highlights from the Colts AFC Title game in there. That video should have been labeled "Jets OL 2009-10", because all that displayed was TJ running through giant holes, then either going down on first contact or getting chased down by a safety.

IMO he probably is. That's not the point though.

Jones was going to make over $5M for the year. LT will make that over two if they decide to keep him around. Jones has bitched in the past repeatedly about his contract and wasn't likely to take a backup role happily. He got in a fistfight when Benson came in to take his job and he has whined about his carries even with the Jets. There was a pretty fair chance Jones would cause trouble if Greene were getting the bulk of the carries and he cried that he needed carries to get in a groove anyway. LT is there as an occaisional alternative and a sure pair of hands. He is he floor, the worst case of what we will get. The ceiling is Greene and McKnight running wild.

eoKAJnUU9hY

TJ was maddeningly average. there's a reason greene took over his spot and he was relegated to back-up duty. the thing that strikes me th emost about this highlight video is how painfully SLLLLLLOOOWWWWW TJ really is.

Sure. Here's a list of backup RB's LT is better than:

Ryan Moats, Texans

Chester Taylor, Bears

Brian Leonard, Bengals

Rashad Jennings, Jaguars

Larry Johnson/Willie Parker, Redskins

Brandon Jackson, Packers

Kenneth Darby, Rams

Leon Washington, Seahawks

Earnest Graham/Derrick Ward, Bucs

Thomas Jones, Chiefs

Correll Buckhalter/J.J. Arrington, Broncos

Glen Coffee, 49ers

Michael Bennett/Michael Bush, Raiders

Patrick Cobbs/Lex Hilliard, Dolphins (and/or Ricky Williams, once Brown returns)

Donald Brown, Colts

Peyton Hillis, Browns

Any New England RB

Unknown commodities:

Ryan Mathews, Chargers

Toby Gerhart, Vikings

Jahvid Best, Lions

LeGarrett Blounte/Stafon Johnson, Titans

Can't really give ya Thomas Jones, or Ricky. Both had more productive seasons.

TJ was maddeningly average. there's a reason greene took over his spot and he was relegated to back-up duty. the thing that strikes me th emost about this highlight video is how painfully SLLLLLLOOOWWWWW TJ really is.

You lost me here. One highlight has one play that goes for what looks like exactly 20 yards and that's the most impressive run on it. The other one on Thomas Jones has a handful of long runs that are really rather quite impressive.

You lost me here. One highlight has one play that goes for what looks like exactly 20 yards and that's the most impressive run on it. The other one on Thomas Jones has a handful of long runs that are really rather quite impressive.

What's impressive about them, the part where he breaks zero tackles to do so, with his OL getting him clear passage into the 2nd level, or the part where he gets chased down by the safety?

LT is done.

We're screwed.

LT is not done but does have the same initials as a rapist

Faneca's name has the same first three letters as Fannie. Nuff said.

Chemistry is for fags

Cromartie's sperm quality has nothing to do with football

Kerry Rhodes will be deported after practicing his lines for the George Lopez show

Santonio Holmes wants to save his hands for week 5, so he got an I pad so he can check facebook with his dikk

Mexican Americans are Americans too. Except in Arizona. Are the Cardinals on the away shcedule? Kellen Clemons anyone?

Jason Taylor isn;t a spy he's a fag and a marvelous dancer

It's not still Giant's stadium, It's the NEW Giants stadium

Rex Ryan is a beautiful man just like Crusher

Leon Washington will be the best RB in the league this year who has an erector set holding together his tibula and fibula

What exactly are you basing that on though? Certainty not recent events. If you're basing on the hopes he will have a good year behind a better line I will give you some latitude there. But Last year Ricky ran for over 1,100 yards and had an almost 5 YPC average. Jones ran for over 1,400 with a 4.6 YPC mean while LT ran for 730 and a meager 3.3 YPC.

LT is done.

We're screwed.

Best of the group

Archived