To the "LT is done" crowd....

Jetsfan80

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the offensive lineman will be happy with the change. The bruises on their asses will probably heal soon from all the times TJ took the ball and ran right into their ass cheeks rather than sliding to daylight. LT is a much more talented back. His production will dwarf TJ's all things being equal. If we can block, he will gain yards.

I can't wait for the season to begin...all this LT is done, Cromartie is overrated and blah blah blah.

I look at it as another season under Rex (remember, he took this team to the AFC Championship game as a rookie HC and rookie QB), where the players will have a lot more experience with two playoff victories under their belt...plus guys like LT and Cromartie will be playing with huge chips on their shoulders...as a fan, I am ready and cannot believe we're engaging in conversation with a fin fan who is trying to be on the same page as us.

The only way the Jets don't go to the big game this year is because they beat themselves...it won't be because some team is better than they are...especially the fins who beat us last year thanks to our mistakes. Those mistakes won't be repeated this year against them...take that to the bank.

I can't wait for the season to begin...all this LT is done, Cromartie is overrated and blah blah blah.

I look at it as another season under Rex (remember, he took this team to the AFC Championship game as a rookie HC and rookie QB), where the players will have a lot more experience with two playoff victories under their belt...plus guys like LT and Cromartie will be playing with huge chips on their shoulders...as a fan, I am ready and cannot believe we're engaging in conversation with a fin fan who is trying to be on the same page as us.

The only way the Jets don't go to the big game this year is because they beat themselves...it won't be because some team is better than they are...especially the fins who beat us last year thanks to our mistakes. Those mistakes won't be repeated this year against them...take that to the bank.

or....my biggest fear...injuries-look at what's happening now with the Yankees Bill

Love the new avatar

or....my biggest fear...injuries-look at what's happening now with the Yankees Bill

Love the new avatar

I think that's EVERYONES worst fear. It could easily ruin a team's season depending on which position player goes down.

Sorry, but I just don't buy the idea that Jones wore down defenses to the point where it made Greene's job easy. Jones running into the back of his linemen or going down on first contact didn't tire anyone out, our offensive line did.

I also don't buy the idea that a RB needs to show he can carry the load for a full season before he proves himself worth. If you can carry the rock you can carry the rock. Greene will be fine, especially with LT and McKnight helping share the load.

....I present some 2009-10 highlights for you.

U6e8YkR2Y-8

What Tomlinson has lost in speed and quickness he makes up for by being an absolute bulldozer. Notice that what you see above is LT running between the tackles, not him making catches out of the backfield (something we KNOW he is still effective at doing).

Behind our line, LT will be MORE than adequate as a # 2 RB.

:good_one:

LT stinks. You'll see.

What you all need to do is pray that Greene stays healthy this season. An extensive injury - and time away from the field - could prove mightly costly.

I could half agree with that. But, go back and look at how effective T Jones was a couple years back before we got the line fixed. I think it was his first year with the team. Fresh from the Chicago Superbowl appearance. I think he had like ONE TD all season.

T Jones became better when the line did. So we will have to wait and see. but watching LT in the San Diego playoff game does not give me the warm fuzzy. So glad we don;t have to play the Jet defense twice this year.

I could half agree with that. But, go back and look at how effective T Jones was a couple years back before we got the line fixed. I think it was his first year with the team. Fresh from the Chicago Superbowl appearance. I think he had like ONE TD all season.

T Jones became better when the line did. So we will have to wait and see. but watching LT in the San Diego playoff game does not give me the warm fuzzy. So glad we don;t have to play the Jet defense twice this year.

2 TD's on the year 1 rushing 1 receiving...

LT stinks. You'll see.

What you all need to do is pray that Greene stays healthy this season. An extensive injury - and time away from the field - could prove mightly costly.

RE: Fred Taylor, 15 months ago:

This is a good signing. He won't be starting, but he'll contribute. Sounds like the status quo in Foxboro. Jets fans are just blinded by hate.

Jealousy is not your most attractive quality.

LT has been a "has been" for a few years now. Again, you will see. Plus, I think he is a supreme d-bag. Again, you will see.

And yes, I am a little jealous. I wish I had Greene on my team. I think he showed great potential last year - and if he stays healthy - will be the successful workhorse.

LT has been a "has been" for a few years now. Again, you will see. Plus, I think he is a supreme d-bag. Again, you will see.

And yes, I am a little jealous. I wish I had Greene on my team. I think he showed great potential last year - and if he stays healthy - will be the successful workhorse.

Are we going to be this bitter and hateful after the Jets reel off 7 or 8 SB wins?

RE: Fred Taylor, 15 months ago:

I should have put the healthy stipulation in that statement too! LOL!

Anyway, LT's best years are so behind him, he may as well be in the Senior Sunshine Home in Ft Myers, FLA. It's true - and you will see. Honestly, I think the Jets had a fantastic off-season and your defense should be #1 all season. I think Green is terrific. I think Cotch in underrated and Holmes can only make the wr corps better and Taylor is 'gonna be great in situational pass rush scenarios....but Tomlinson is a piece of manure. Really.

I should had put the healthy stipulation in that statement too! LOL!

Anyway, LT's best years are so behind him, he may as well be in the Senior Sunshine Home in Ft Myers, FLA. It's true - and you will see. Honestly, I think the Jets had a fantastic off-season and your defense should be #1 all season. I think Green is terrific. I think Cotch in underrated and Holmes can onky make the wr corps better....but Tomlinson is a piece of manure. Really.

onky?

anyways Tomlinson will get his 10 TD's this year baby

Anyway, LT's best years are so behind him, he may as well be in the Senior Sunshine Home in Ft Myers, FLA. It's true - and you will see.

Hate to break it to you, but recognizing that Tomlinson is over the hill isn't exactly a mark of clairvoyance.

A few years? In 2007 he had 1,400+ @ 4.7 per with 15 TDs, plus 60 catches for another 3 TDs and he threw a TD pass. In 2008 he had over 1,000 yards at 3.8 w/11TDs and another 50 + catches and 1 TD receiving. Last year was basically the first time that he was significantly worse than TJ's "monster" years with us and he still had 12 TDs.

....I present some 2009-10 highlights for you.

U6e8YkR2Y-8

What Tomlinson has lost in speed and quickness he makes up for by being an absolute bulldozer. Notice that what you see above is LT running between the tackles, not him making catches out of the backfield (something we KNOW he is still effective at doing).

Behind our line, LT will be MORE than adequate as a # 2 RB.

problem is he was brought in for his hands, not to bulldoze.

Are we going to be this bitter and hateful after the Jets reel off 7 or 8 SB wins?

lot can change in 6 or 7 hundred years

Archived