No Longer Rex Ryan's Defense?

rick34125

scott_medium.jpg

With the return of so many experienced starters from last year, the players on Rex Ryan's defense have a good chance to put their signature on this defense.

That's the thinking of Bart Scott as quoted by Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com.

LB Bart Scott gave an insightful explanation on the benefit of having a year

scott_medium.jpg

With the return of so many experienced starters from last year, the players on Rex Ryan's defense have a good chance to put their signature on this defense.

That's the thinking of Bart Scott as quoted by Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com.

We'll see if the Jets defense will be ready to step it up. It would be the counter-punch to a Peyton Manning run offense. They certainly have the talent. The question will be if they can build the chemistry and trust necessary to make it work. If they do, then watch out.

YZJrAlPQQbg

Watching this defense gives me chills!!! I can't wait to see them this year.

:cheers:

rex gives them freedom to ad-lib

therefore, ergo, it is rex's defense

:rolleyes:

sweet vid tho !

I actually sat here and rewatched that entire video, and it tells you everything you need to know about why Kyle Wilson is a Jet and why Rex is so happy about that. You look at that and you see the amount of pressure he put on the DBs in that game and when they responded, how that defense dominated. That was with a healthy Strickland, who I felt was a great nickel for this team if not for the constant health issues, and a healthy Sheppard who as well as Lowery had some pretty good plays in that game.

What's in those highlights is what Rex sees this defense capable of being on an every play, every game basis, if not even better if Cromartie and Wilson both play up to their abilities. And it is that very thing which helps make Rex feel comfortable with allowing his players to ad-lib when necessary. No defense puts the amount of pressure on their DBs that this one does, but Rex trusts those guys to get the job done and if he's right, the defense is in great shape.

What a day that was!!!

Is that the game "Revis Island" started? Did you hear the announcer say, we asked Darrelle about his game plan today and that he'd be on a Revis Island with Moss...something like that.

The only feeling better than seeing Tom Terrific knocked on his azz that many times is the knowledge that last years humiliation was just a warm up for this years Defense. This Defense has the capability of winning the coin toss and confidently choosing to put the D on the field. Thats great football to watch.

Archived